The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Yeah I don’t really think about it much, but you could definitely make an argument that it’s one of the strongest film franchises out there in terms of quality. Out of eight movies, there’s only one true dud.

• Like Like x 1
  2. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Machete - 10/10

3. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Christopher Robin
    I feel like a heartless monster saying this but that's offset by how the movie tries to defend itself against this criticism: it's such a cliche, cookie cutter movie. The entire movie is summed up by an early speech in the film by Christopher Robin's wife about how family matters more than work and yadda yadda. Christopher Robin is a movie that tries to get cheap feels by preying on nostalgia, makes Pooh look at the camera and ask "did you leave me behind along witH YOUR CHILDHOOD", and has a sappy ending. Really by the numbers.

The character antics are super fun, as good as they ever were, but I wish they had just made another classically animated film in that case instead of this.

Goodbye Christopher Robin
    Didn't really get much out of this war drama tbqh

4. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Ninja Scroll - 10/10

Still a better Ninja movie than Batman Ninja.

• Like Like x 1
  5. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

The Equalizer 8/10

Excellent!

6. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Hardcore Henry - 10/10. Outstanding.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    Ernest Saves Christmas: 8/10

Okay, I know some people really don't like the Ernest movies (there are a couple I've seen that I didn't care for), but this is honestly among my favorite Christmas movies (maybe even in the top two or three). The key word is fun. This movie just seems like everyone involved was having a good time making it. The storyline is straightforward but enjoyable, and all of the characters are very likable. This Santa is one of the greatest Santas ever. Plus, I just love all the simple yet effective '80s-era effects. This is one Christmas movie that I can watch every year without it getting a bit stale.

Edit: (note that my score is purely for my enjoyment of the film. I don't really like ranking movies objectively.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ocean's 8 - 6/10

Super-meh.

For me personally, heist films don't require too much. I find even the mediocre ones are at least entertaining and holds my attention. This one can't even manage that. While the cast is superb, '8' is overly reliant on coasting on charm alone and feels completely devoid of energy and fun...at least until the final act, when all that goodwill is burnt up anyways.

Story-wise it pretty much note-for-note follows the Soderbergh Ocean's template but spends way too much acknowledging it's predecessors, and gets completely bogged down introducing the players/laying out the plan (which is when the fun is supposed to kick off, but never really hits).

9. Weezie

Weezie COVID SUCKS TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald. 3/10 confusing mess. There are just too many characters and everything is so GREY.

10. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Forest Gump- 10/10

This was my second time seeing it ever , both times were at school in the past 3 weeks :lol 

But in all seriousness, i really enjoyed this movie. It made me laugh, it made me sad and it was just a really entertaining film.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Revenge of the Sith - 7/10. Best out of a bad bunch, as far as the prequels are concerned.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    8 Mile - 8/10

Damn son, I had a 7/10 score in my back pocket ready to go, mostly due to the generic-as-hell story. But then that final rap battle scene came along and punched me in the face with awesome.
    The story, as I mentioned, is nothing special. And while Kim Basinger is completely miscast, everyone else waivers somewhere between "a'ight" to "pretty good". But that's not why you're here, is it? The soundtrack and rap battle (ESPECIALLY the finale, which on it's own is worth the price of admission) are wholly engrossing.

Let's not forget back ~2001 Eminem was king and here in 8 Mile he's at the top of his (rap) game. Now I can't speak for people who aren't hip hop fans, but love him or hate him, you simply cannot deny his stage presence and charisma, regardless of acting ability.

13. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some people find it offensive (I can see why), some find it stupid (I also can see why) and some people (like me) just simply didn't care for it all that much (just not my cup of tea), while others loved it. That said, it's a technical marvel and Tom Hanks is at his picture-perfect best. He really is a tremendous actor and provides excellent work when he's called to do so.

With the passage of time, I look at it in a different light, now and see it as a kind of offbeat love letter to a bygone era with some monumental as well as silly moments that defined a generation.

14. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Batman Gotham by Gaslight - 8/10

15. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ghost in the Shell - 5/10

Boring and very meh. It's a predictable story where you give no shits about the characters.

16. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Not suprised. So many people are so soft and sensitive.

17. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Alien: Covenant

3/10

Could have been so much better. Most characters are throwaways. I absolutely hate, hate, HATE what they did to Shaw. The Juggernauts where apparently a bunch of dumbasses who could create amazing ships and technology, but were too stupid to create decent security checks for lost ships suddenly returning home, to say nothing of their bland fashion choices - I guess they shop at the same space mall as the Baku from Star Trek: Insurrection. It gets 3 stars for the David/Walter scenes, the lab/biological experiments he worked on + catalogued, the concept art for a movie that could have been, and that's it.

Did I mention that I hate what they did to Shaw?

:thumbdown 

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

I have NEVER..... agreed with anyone as mush as you, lol. I saw this in the theater and was sooo bored.. :( 

19. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Which Ghost in the Shell movie?

20. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I wanna say its the live action one, but to be fair it could just as easily be any of the anime ones as well that failed to hook him.