The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

Yes, and were quite decently done. It would have just been better with better technology, on like a tablet or something.

But as is, it does make me wish Marvel and DC would just take their stories from the comic, and do their best to just adapt them as is.

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    To a certain extent, that's what Earth's Mightiest Heroes was. Which is why many miss that show.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Yes, that was a good one. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I like it better than the Marvel movies, or the TV shows, that's for sure.

4. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sing - 7.5/10

Entertaining enough, not the most original plot but definitely has its moments.

5. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Godzilla (2014)

Found it for free on demand, so I watched it. This and the original 1954 are probably the only giant monster movies that I've truly enjoyed. The non-Godzilla monsters are truly a terrifying and bewildering presence, while Godzilla himself is mysterious and therefore kind of spooky. True monsters. This movie could have used a lot more Bryan Cranston. This movie is decent, but if they kept some action chops and what they were building about him and his son, this movie could have been truly astonishing.

7/10.

6. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gangs of New York - 9/10

A damn fine film. While I liked Chicago enough and was genuinely entertained, GoNY while not perfect is clearly superior and IMO should've taken Best Picture that year (which would've spared us giving BP to the undeserving "The Departed" years later as the unofficial mea culpa to Scorcese over the Goodfellas/Dances with Wolves debacle of 1991).

There truly are very few actors as good as DDL. Leo & Cameron do suffer from cases of The Disappearing Accent, but eventually settle in.

7. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

its got 9% on RT....and the trailer looks awful...what were u expecting? ;)  lol

8. Dolza_Khyron

Well, I mean, Rotten Tomatos and I rarely agree upon anything. So, there's that.

9. inturnmike

lol...i csn get behind that...but still....

10. Dolza_Khyron

Until you see a movie, than you do not know if you think the movie is good or bad. I mean, he watched it on Netflix. So, it isn't like he paid a lot to see it.

11. inturnmike

did u need to watch the new ghostbusters movie to know it wasnt going to turn out well? or could u tell from the trailer...or even just the concept? lol

12. Dolza_Khyron

Christopher Robin:

It was cute. It had some great moments. And great acting in it. The cgi stuffed animals did great. The kids did great. Both young Christopher Robin and Madeline. The wife character was barely a character though. But everything else was great.

I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I did, that Peter Rabbit film, or the Paddington 2. Which are two films that are very similar to this. Both those films are far better, and better made. But, this film was also great. With this, and that TTGO movie. there are two great family movies out right now. Although, I'd say TTGO is the better, more enjoyable, longer lasting power film. At least more memorable.

But I recommend this film. Good film.

8 out of 10.

Yes.

It'd be like telling people a burger sucks, that you've never eaten before, or rating the experience of giving birth, while male.

If you haven't experienced the movie, than you do not know if you personally like it, or hate it. Or maybe you just kind of liked it. Maybe it just bored you. Maybe it had some great moments. Maybe you hated every second of it. except this one scene.

Movies are art. And like all art, it is an illusion. It is a magic trick being done before your eyes. And like a magic trick, it's all about how well it keeps you entertained while it is being performed. How well a movie does this is completely subjected. It's completely person to person.

You don't need to see a movie to tell people that the movie sucks. But, you're going to have zero credibility for now on, once people ask you if you have actually seen the film, and you say no. But you know, it's totally up to you if you want to have no credibility.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. inturnmike

Are you telling me that you have seen every movie out there? Or, are u like most humans...and decide to see or avoid movies based on previews and other peoples comments, even if only occasionally? I nebwr said Ghostbusters or that other movie sucked....I said they LOOKED like they sucked. The impressions I got from the previews and what I read about them, combined with the premises, contributed to am informwd decision to save my money and time. You dont have to have seen a movie to have an opinion, lol...

14. Dolza_Khyron

No, I am saying I've seen the movies I like, or don't like. And, I do not have an opinion on films I haven't seen yet. I've never really avoided any film. Sometimes I think a film might not interest me. By the trailer or the concept, sure. But, until I have actually seen the film, than I can't say if it is good or bad. I can only repeat what others have told me about it. And, I don't let others make my opinions for me. Which is why I will eventually watch the new Ghostbusters film. Because I want to experience it for myself.

Sure, you can make an opinion on films you've never seen, but like I said, it's like making an opinion on that new Mcdonald's burger you've never eaten.

15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Using your example, you can form a pretty accurate prediction based on all the past McDonald's burgers you've eaten in your life, and make a pretty safe bet that the new one isn't going to be any better.

You're right that you can be surprised by something. Like Uwe Boll made one movie that was actually decent. So if you just dismissed every movie he ever made out of hand, you would miss out on that one okay movie. But on average, you'd be WAAAAAAAAY ahead on saved time, having missed the hundred awful movies he made. You don't have to be perfectly fair all the time in all circumstances. Life is too short to waste that way.

16. Dolza_Khyron

Yes, sure, but I also can't say Uwe Boll's films all suck, or are all masterpieces of film, if I haven't seen any of them, now can I? But I can say that they aren't for me. And just leave them at that. Because like you said, life is too short for that.

Also on the MCD's example, sure it probably won't be any better than any previous burgers you have ever had. But, it you could also think it tastes like shit. You know, once you've eaten it. So, your opinion going into something can be completely different once you've actually experienced it.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Yellow Submarine - 7/10

What the fuck did I just watch and why was it so enjoyable.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Hall Pass - 2/10?

The other weekend I watched Zoolander 2, and I thought that was horrible and less coherent than this and probably one of the least coherent movies I have ever seen. That said, I think Zoolander 2, which I gave a 1/10, may have had a greater entertainment value than this garbage. Zoolander 2 was so ridiculously bad it was at least kind of memorable for being bad. This was boring bad.

19. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Eighth Grade: 9/10

20. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Enforcer (3rd Dirty Harry film) - 3/5, not bad. My favorite of the series is Magnum Force.