The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Godzilla 2: City on the Edge of Battle:
    A VAST improvement over the first movie. The characters act like real characters, it's not as exposition-heavy as the first one, the battle with Godzilla had some excitement to it, but it fell off when the plot switched to
    Borg-talk. Mechagodzilla was a joke and wasn't even really in the movie and instead we got three generic mechs with wings and guns.

7/10

2. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Yours, General Cartman E. Lee

Ebay:
    A Bronx Tale

8/10

Really good tale. Loved the characters. Loved the neighborhood boss, Sonny.

3. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I always loved the $20 lesson in that movie...

• Like Like x 1
  4. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    My favorite scene, especially with the Beatles in the background....

• Like Like x 1
  5. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Yeah, that's a great scene.

This is what I was talking about:

It's a good lesson that has stayed with me ever since I saw the movie -- if someone is ducking you, and you don't need them in your life, then let it be...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Godzilla: City on The Edge of Battle - 8/10

Those hoping for a significant structural step up from the first one will be in for disappointment. Mostly talky for the first couple of acts, and an action fest of a final third. However, for me, who enjoyed the first movie, I really liked this one. While the exposition can get a bit rocky and overbearing, I think it was a lot better written than its predecessor. The ending, though. Holy s**t what a ride. It pretty much hits the notes of a Gen Urobuchi production.

Big ass action? Check.
    Waxing poetics while in the middle of said action? Check.
    Go big or go home music? Check.

Kill off the cute girl in a cruel and unusual manner? Double freaking check.

Was extremely entertained and am excited to see the final installment. Hopefully, now that the pieces are mostly in place, the final one won't be as talky, considering the the note the film ends on.

7. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    A nightmare on elm street 2 - Freddy's Revenge.
    9/10.

I'm not a big fan of Freddy. I never thought he was humorous or that the movies were all that great. That said, this is the only one that I really like. Jesse is an interesting character, and the dynamic between him and Lisa is an interesting one. Fun movie.

8. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    Yeah, that's what I liked about Sonny. Sure, he was a mob boss but a benign one. One that protected the old neighborhood. Kind of like a poor mans Don Vito Corleone. I wish we had old school Dons like him today.

9. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Ant-Man and The Wasp:
    I knew this won't be as epic as Infinity War, but man did it really feel like a filler episode. It's like the snack between meals, you know what I mean? Still, I liked how self-contained it was and not as reference-heavy as the main Avengers movies. It is as fun as the first Ant-Man movie with lots of clever power usage, but the main plot with Ghost didn't interest me that much and really, wasn't invested in the character and that's a big let-down after a streak of interesting MCU villains that you care about them as much as the heroes.

7/10

10. Primal1987

News Credits:
    The Equalizer 2 - 8/10

A solid sequel to an already solid first movie. A bit less structurally focused than the predecessor, and the subplots were more interesting than the main one, but it was a wholly entertaining flick nonetheless. Don't expect an action fest. It's pretty much like the original movie in which there's a slow burn before a sudden burst of violence, though admittedly, the violence here is way more brutal. Not opposed to The Equalizer 3, but this is nicely self contained as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma Imagine Breaker

Kingsman: The Golden Circle 3/10 I wish I did not waste my time even watching this garbage.

12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Godzilla City on the Edge of Battle - 7/10

Big step up from what the first movie placed out. Interesting reveals about what also happened to the planet along with character moments that did actually get intense at the end.

13. Primal1987

News Credits:
    The People Under The Stairs - 8/10

Damn, Wes Craven was a bit ahead of his time with this one. Taking social political issues and making a horror-comedy out of it. Felt like the Get Out of 1991.

14. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - 9.5/10:

I was not at all prepared for this. This was riveting and tense and jumpy and exciting. The twists, the mystery, the history, it all comes full circle and we see that Hammond did indeed have limits and didn't cross them when he could've.

Jeff Goldblum's cameo is just right. Enough that he doesn't steal time away from the rest of the cast and the story, but plenty of time to give a valid and very accurate truthful assessment, not just in their world but ours as well. He had probably the most impactful scenes in the film and they spoke volumes about life itself and where we've screwed up both in front of and behind the camera.

Jurassic Park is a franchise known for making you feel a sense of awe, known for making you jump and excite you. Now, it's known for making you feel as it tugs on your heartstrings. Not only the scene as they're leaving the island (and my wife and I weren't the only ones moved by it, several of the people went "...aww...") but Masie's story. And the kindness she showed at the end trying to be anything but a monster to what are considered monsters. If you can watch this one and feel nothing beyond "eh." then this clearly was never meant to be the movie for you. (Shame.)

The pacing is surprisingly brisk, the story's actually quite good and the overall package is just something to be experienced.

My only criticisms are as follows:
    Pulled a Star Wars. Took the best parts and elements of the original Jurassic Park, The Lost World and Jurassic World and rehashed them enough that they're noticeable. It really kind of stands out. Like The Force Awakens to A New Hope kind of stand out. That said, if you're going to to do a retread, do it this way, it's fantastic.

And not enough Ted Levine. He was great in Monk, had the patience of a saint. He was chilling in Silence Of The Lambs. Here he was your scene chewing bad guy and a lot of fun. Shame they didn't let him off of his leash more. (Imagine an evil Muldoon mixed with bits of Tembo.)

Aside from those two issues, this is, without a doubt, the best experience I've had watching a movie in the theater in a long time. It'll go down as one of my absolute favorite movies, ever.

I had goosebumps pretty much the entire time from beginning to end and it's a mile a minute nail biter with a tenseness that consumes you.

I don't know if I'd take younger kids to see this one. It's pretty doggone dark. It plays out more like a horror movie than your usual Jurassic Park movie. There's a scene in which a character meets the same fate as Samuel L. Jackson's Mr. Arnold, but the difference is in JP you only see the aftermath and here you actually get to watch it as it happens. There's not a tremendous amount of blood shown, but I was surprised.

Good grief, that was an incredible thrill ride. Okay, Transformers, take a page out of this play book. You'd do well to learn from it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku “This is the way.”

Instagram:
    The Equalizer- 9.5/10. I saw this in order to see the sequel, and man this movie was awesome.

The Equalizer 2- 8.5/10. Watching these two back to back made me aware of how this one does this a tad less refined. I really loved the sub plot with the kid.

Honestly, both of these films have an amazing finale.

16. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    A Nightmare on Elm Street 5

2/10

That forced eating scene wasn't smart or funny. Just gross.

17. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I, Tonya - 9/10

Can’t really speak to the accuracy of every scene, and the film itself even knows/acknowledges it, but boy was this entertaining as hell!

Margot Robbie is great, but Allison Janey is in a league of her own here. The film does a great job of balancing Tonya herself, the other characters (including that bumbling doofus Sean Eckhardt & Co. Some big laughs there), proper focus on “the incident”, figure skating, breaking the fourth wall, and how we all just straight up turned a person into a damn punchline back in 1994 (however flawed she may be).

18. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

Exorcist Master (1993)

I last watched this Kung Fu Vampire movie titled Exorcist Master. It features Mr. Vampire actor Lam Ching-Ying once again. If you think about it Kung Fu Vampire films really are the pinnacle of genre cinema.

The girl who played Annie in the red dress was very cute and so was the sister of the supernatural buster duo.

This is the ending but it's all in the trailer anyway but they charge up two holy items to look like anti-vampire lightsabers. So cool. The Western vampire dresses like Dracula and even though he isn't named as Dracula i'm going to consider him Dracula anyway.

19. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Kingsman: The Secret Service - 9/10

Manners.
    Maketh.
    Man.