The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Misery 9/10

You can thank Family Guy for making me watch this movie.

2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which version did you see? If you saw The Quickening, it's frightfully unfinished and detestably awful. If you saw The Renegade Version, it's the completed (to the best of their abilities) version while removing any reference of the planet Zeist. Highlander, as a series, is fantasy through and through, I consider II to be a science fiction flick with fantasy elements in it. It should never be considered a sequel to the original, it should be considered a different take/origin/pseudo-sequel all in one self-contained one-off flick. Tells their history, their reason for being and comes to a conclusion all in one film. And the RV is a more comprehensible film compared to the original cut. Oof. What a mess.

Watch 1, 3 and 4 as a series, II as a standalone what if and The Source, never. (I'm not joking, please never ever watch The Source. It's absolutely awful and makes II look like it could've swept the Oscars.

3. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    The Iron Giant - 10/10

This movie was a lot different than I remember.

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

Does it still end with superman?

CN once aired that movie for 24 hours straight. And, I think they did that a couple of times. They'd also play it almost every week. Played it so often, I don't think I could ever forget exactly how it goes.

5. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Just the Giant smiling while be reassembled.

6. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Looking into it, I'm fairly certain it was the 2004 Special Edition, that is basically the Renegade cut, but with some updated CGI. Of course I had heard things about this movie, even though I had never watched it, so I was a little surprised when there was no mention of Zeist. I suppose making the Immortals come from the ancient past on Earth is a bit better. But yeah, if this movie was it's own thing, rather than a sequel to Highlander, that would make it a (tiny) bit better, especially considering how the ozone/dome plot feels so out of place in a Highlander flick.

I had seen some of III recently -- I had no idea that Mario Van Peebles was in a Highlander movie.

7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, yep, you saw the RV. The CGI does add something, the original director's/editor's cut had a nasty looking red shield that looked unnatural. Well, moreso than it does now. Awful effect.

III is a rehash of the first one, big time. Right down to kidnapping and frightening the victim with a car ride through Hell. Van Peebles even copied the Kurgan's mannerisms, etc. Part of the reason he did it is that he and Lambert are good friends.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Resolution: 8/10
    Spring: 8.5/10
    The Endless: 9/10

Justin Benson and Aaron Moorehead are amazing filmmakers, and I'm so glad to have stumbled upon their work. While their movies are low budget, they're creepy and insanely well written with a great mystery behind them. Hell, Spring is one of the best Lovecraftian films I've seen in a long time. Highly recommend checking out all three.

9. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Friday the 13th part 6: Jason lives

8/10.

I love the old slasher flicks. This is a particular favorite as it's the first one that turns Jason into the unstoppable force that we all know him to be.

10. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Valerian and the City of 1,000 Planets: umm, 4/10, I guess.

There were some pretty things to look at, but what a mess of a story. There's really not a lot of explanations as to why people do the things they do.

I do like Cara Delevingne though.

11. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The Shape of Water - 7/10

Enjoyable but you can just tell the monster is a guy in a suit. It threw me off.

12. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma Imagine Breaker

Only Yesterday 6/10 I did not really get into it.

13. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    A Quiet Place - 10/10

Oh my god that was something to sit through, so suspenseful and so terrifying

14. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom - 7.8/10

I think I'm addicted to this movie. I don't remember seeing such beautifully crafted and directed blockbuster in a looong time. J.A.Bayona and Oscar Faura are a killer combo and it pains me to see their work not appreciated because of a weak ass script by some power hungry hack. Each scene is so beautifully shot and it's an imax must.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Making Fun: The Story of Funko - 7.5/10

Admittedly I don't own a single Funko pop fig, nor do I ever intend to (just not a fan). But the passion from the founders and fans of Funko is clearly second to none, and this doc does a good job of capturing that.
    Most interesting parts are seeing the humble beginnings where Funko came from, all the way to where they are now. Things drag like hell though when it's simply a showcase of a collection...after another...after another...

16. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blumhouse's Truth or Dare - 3/10

I wasn't expecting anything amazing, but the least it could have done was be enjoyable. There were some kind of cool bits, and a couple of unintentionally hilarious moments I got a kick out of, but overall it was just a dull affair.

17. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You Were Never Really Here: 8.5/10

Killer performance by Joaquin Phoenix. Very lean script too, which made the pacing impeccable.

18. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Mary and the Witch’s Flower - 6/10

Very pretty to look at with some absolutely beautifully done backgrounds, but the story is generic at the end of the day. A lot of stuff just happens to the protagonist until the end of the story, which while such is a form of character development it kinda makes the movie feel like it isn’t progressing organically; this is a little funny considering the theme of the film.

The villains’ goals really should’ve been expanded upon too, as “we’ll change the world” is vague as fuck. Mary herself is likable to her credit, but the side characters really just serve a role or two and add little else to the story. Ultimately this movie exists and looks really nice, but probably won’t wow you with the story or characters. It’s an okay way to spend an hour and 40 minutes, at the very least.

19. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette IT'S A GUNDAM!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Justice League (2017) - 4/10

Consider that this is the first big-budget Justice League movie, this movie is surprisingly just "meh' at best.

My biggest pet-peeve with this movie is how much of a mess this movie really is even with the massive budget. The plot is paper-thin, the villain is generic, the acting for the most part is just 'meh" (Especially Ben Affleck who just looks bored for the most time), the comedy for the most part doesn't work (Especially with the "Did you talk to fish" part), and the CGI is shockingly bad for such a big-budgeted movie.

I heard of a couple of behind the scenes production issues of this movie, and the final movie really suffers for this. There are a few scenes from the trailers that aren't in the final movie, and Superman's CGI mouth is quite comically bad that I laughed every single time I noticed it.

It's an "ok" movie at best, consider that this movie wasn't that much of a big event that it really should be. The Avengers is such a big deal back in 2012, and this movie doesn't feel anything close to that.

20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I was fine with how he looked. My problem was with how bland and predictable the plot was. Also, when they suddenly broke into a musical number, I could tell my wife was considering giving up on the movie.