The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette IT'S A GUNDAM!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Roger Corman's Fantastic Four (1994): 5/10

Consider that this "infamous" Fantastic Four movie isn't available legally, I finished watching this movie on Youtube and....... it isn't as crappy as I initially thought.

Yes, this movie is consider pretty bad even for 1994's standard. The special effects is pretty bad and the plot is pretty cheesy; At the same time, I do think that this is the best movie about the Fantastic Four for now (Not even ironically).

At least with this movie, there's actually a plot that is easy to follow, characters with actual personalities, everyone involved including the actors cared and they made the best with the budget they had; Which makes this movie to be a lot more watchable than I expected. I can't even say the same thing about the 2015 Fan4stic movie, which is such a "nothing" movie to the point of I can't even remember anything about the movie aside from the nightmare-ish behind the scenes production of the movie.

This movie is bad in an entertainning way, in the same way as something like "Who Killed Captain Alex?"; For me, that's not really a bad thing.

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I get that reasoning, although it makes Avengers seem ranked way too high.

3. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    Ant-Man and The Wasp - 8/10

Doesn't beat the first one but I still found this movie awesome nonetheless.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think that's the "purest" MCU movie, and I'm very bias to the memories of it. I still think it holds up regardless, but I agree it's the outlier.

Won't You Be My Neighbor?: 10/10

One of the best docs I've seen in a long time, and very needed in today's climate.

5. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
    I'd pay theater price to see BDH eat a sandwich, the dinos were a nice bonus, well worth the price.

6. Dachande

Dachande Formerly Yaujta... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Cloverfield Paradox
    7/10
    Yeah, I know it didn't get good ratings and was somewhat nonsensical, but I actually liked it a lot. The dimension shifting was pretty interesting, even if it wasn't explored all that well. The idea of using a Hedron Collider as it was as an unlimited power source isn't scientifically factual, but so what.
    The cast was decent, with only one that seemed flat, so for a Netflix surprise film, I did enjoy it.
    Also, the very ending scene was a pure money shot.

7. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Sorry to Bother You: 9/10

An amazingly absurd film.

8. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    xXx: The Return of Xander Cage - 3/10. And all three points are for Donnie Yen.

Someone should tell Vin Diesel he's an old man now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NSJ23

NSJ23 on TFW2005 for everything but TF's....

Only disagree with the guardians (to low) and IM3 (to high) placement, depending on the day my list looks like some version of yours give or take.

It's not playing anywhere near me yet but i want to see this.

10. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Glory - 8/10 - first time seeing it, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. It has some great performances, but it’s the James Horner music that really makes this movie.

11. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    With Morgan Freeman and Matthew Broderick and Denzel Washington? Damn, that's an old school movie. But I agree, very decent tale of Robert Gould Shaw.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Yeah, that’s the one — sorry to say I never watched it before. I knew Freeman and Broderick were in it, but I don’t think I ever realized Denzel and Andre Braugher were part of the cast. And the score is great — it’s not as great as Braveheart’s, but if I had known it was a James Horner score, I probably would have checked this out years ago.

13. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Yeah, the score in the movie is one of my fav movie scores of all time.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

Skyscraper:

Dwayne Johnson makes an hour and a half advertisement when he saves his family from a building that is on fire, with duct tape. Loads of fun!

8 out of 10.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Good to hear. I'm seeing it tomorrow.

16. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skyscraper - 8/10

An entertaining action flick that would have fit right at home in the late 80s/early 90s.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Ant-Man and the Wasp 3/10

18. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I saw that movie once, but there are a few scenes I always remember: Denzel getting whipped for going awol, “If you men will take no pay, then we will all take no pay” and of course “Glory Hallelujah”. Powerful stuff and a great movie.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Justice League - "Aggressively Okay"/10

This one's hard to give a number. Obviously next to any Avengers movie it looks like clown shoes. The attempts to evoke Marvel Studios is transparent, the editing is chaotic, the story is... moreso. But compared to the Fantastic Four or even the original Spider-Man it's ~fine~ Joss Whedon has a wildly different tone than Snyder, which is bad because it makes the story and editing inconsistent, but is also good because the "true," coherent product would have been a grim, pseudo-philosophical mess like BvS was. I'm guessing that the entire Return of Superman aspect of the film was rewritten by Whedon, and that the original was a lot bigger part of the movie, with long authorial tracts about God and rebirth and ethics, and maybe a character would use the word 'apotheosis.'

The reason I don't rate it lower is that for all the tonal issues It still has logical consistency. Sure Cyborg swooping in with the last Mother Box as soon as the fight scene is over feels like a narrative contrivance to brdige the gap into getting Superman back, and it is. But Cyborg is listening to the Box so I guess he would know where it is.

I expected to hate the flash but he was kind of fun because he felt like he was experiencing the edits in real time. "Oh I guess there's a robot now," "Oh I guess we're doing a comedy bit while we rob this grave, that's gross." His backstory is of course Snydered to hell. He can't just be a forensic scientist like in the show, he needs to be a down on his luck person living in squalor while he saves up his money to get a law degree. Blah blah.

20. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Highlander II - first time watching this, and I can see why people had serious issues with it. Still, it’s interesting in that context. As a sequel to to the first movie, I give it 2/10, but there are some interesting visuals and set-pieces — I’d give it maybe a 4/10, if it was its own movie, not tied to the Highlander franchise...