The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Pacific Rim Uprising: 8/10

Giant robots. Giant monsters. Giant robots punching giant monsters.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

Death Wish 3

So I was re watching Death Wish 3 and it left me with an impression and a few thoughts to describe it. The action movie of action movies. The sequel of sequels. One of the greatest shoot out scenes ever filmed.

Charles Bronson returns as the world's most dangerous pensioner, Paul Kersey. He's out to show the gangs who's in charge one bullet at a time and occasionally firing a rocket launcher inside an apartment building when the going gets tough enough. That's badass.

Makes Rambo look like Sesame Street. He fights in the street alongside the cops supporting him. When cops were cops and not glorified social workers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Foo Fighters: Back & Forth - 10/10

I've always been a huge fan of the Foo's music, however I know practically nothing about the band itself save for the common knowledge "Dave Grohl use to be the drummer for Nirvana".
    An incredibly fascinating and entertaining look at the band's highs and lows from the beginning, and their revolving band members' until settling on the current lineup we see today.

Honest question: in the current era (ie. past 20-25 years) is there a better rock band than the Foo Fighters? Who could possibly take the title from them?
    U2 - nope. They've fallen off for quite some time now
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers - have gone completely stale, never evolving from that same old tired sound
    Coldplay - great musicians, but their pretension makes me gag. Plus when you need to lean on the Chainsmokers you know you're in trouble
    Nickleba<takes a moment to punch self in the face>
    Green Day, Radiohead, Linkin Park...I respect all their work but they all ultimately come up short

4. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Foo Fighters are some of the most talented people making some of the most bland and safe music ever. I have a lot of respect for them as musicians, but Dave's had more than his fair share of pretentious moments. Despite that, I get a kick out of listening to him tell stories and be interviewed. Just keep the music away from me.

I'd personally take Cold Play over Foo Fighters anyway, and then they did this:

Win.

5. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

The Mask of Zorro - 7/10 - I haven’t seen this movie in close to two decades, and I forgot how good it was, 7/10. I also forgot how smoking-hot Catherine Zeta-Jones was back then, 10/10...

• Like Like x 2
  6. comicfan17blue

comicfan17blue Well-Known Member

Wonder 8/10 - solid family movie

IT (2017)- 7/10- good but not as great as expected.

Blank Panter 8/10- solid movie

• Like Like x 1
  7. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Ready Player One - 7.3/10

A tad too long and the scenes outside of OASIS were not very compelling. Action sequences were awesome though, so much fun. Also does this count as the first theatrical appearance of Jason Todd? lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

Jumanji (2017)

I give it a solid 7/10. The comedy was good, and the actors did a great job portraying the kids in their avatar counterparts (especially Jack Black).

My only real complaint was that it didn't feel like there was enough animals or dangers in the jungle. The original was filled with dangerous animals/plants/etc. This one, not so much. I don't even remember seeing any monkeys in this new one. Was there even any?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

The Quick and the Dead -8/10

10. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A Quiet Place- 7/10
    Really well done, but I have some problems with it that I cannot shake off.

First of all, who the fuck thinks its a good idea to have a baby in an apocalyptic world filled with monsters that rely on sound to hunt? Seriously, babies are monster magnets with all the crying they do. Secondly, the death of the father was totally avoidable. To start off, the daughter should have figured out that her ear device was the monsters’ weakness much earlier considering she saw it scare off the monster in the previous scene in the corn silo. And just when it was about to scare it off again when it was attacking them in the car, she turned it off, resulting in the dad sacrificing himself to save the kids. Also, instead of sacrificing himself, could he not just throw the axe he had into the tool shed as a noise distraction? That way, the monster goes looking for the source of the clashing noise in the shed while the dad goes and rescues the kids from the car. [\SPOILER]

Overall, a good movie but not without its really irritating problems.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  11. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That Awkward Moment - 2/10

A rom-com that's neither romantic or funny, and also barely a movie. Completely wasted talent (talking about Michael B. and Miles, Zac Efron is 99.999% the same in every movie). Never cared about any of these characters and their hipster lifestyle.

12. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku “This is the way.”

Instagram:
    Came here to post about It as well. I feel like all the hype was kinda lost on me. I've only seen 3 scary/horror movies as of now, and that includes It. However, it wasn't really that scary, and this is coming from someone who couldn't even watched the Slender man trailer without covering their hands for the whole trailer. Honestly, it was an interesting movie, but I don't get all the hype.

7/10.

Also, Keep Watching, is the other film I saw yesterday. This one came off as kinda cheesy to me. Granted, it wouldn't be a horror movie if it had the same tropes, but I still couldn't stop myself for calling out every single time someone acted dumb.

5/10.

The name of the film is called Keep Watching, as the killers in the film record the deaths for the entertainment of the public, yet it's only really mentioned in the very beginning and the very end. It was basically "The Strangers", but with not as professional footage.

The ending was honestly the creepiest part, as it shows that the killers were forced to do this in order to survive.The last two to survive were the brother and sister. Turns out that the only way the brother will live, is if the sister kills the next family. Basically, the killing will never stop.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  13. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Black Panther - 8.5/10:

Wow... I don't know how Marvel keeps pulling it off, but doggone. This was a fantastic movie, very strong performances and story. Not as many laughs, but the more serious tone worked so well in this film.

Some of the prettiest visuals I've seen in a film in a while. When they say a Wakanda sunset is among the best, they weren't kidding. Even the CGI was top notch and they didn't cut any corners. Incredibly stunning.

If I had any real complaints it would be the repetitiveness of the throne challenge scenes (I understand why they were there, though) and how they went to that well one too many times and in the end, it felt like Klaue and Killmonger were kind of wasted. They were reeeeeally fun villains and they need more screen time. This wasn't enough.

All in all, an absolutely fun ride and I can see why it's now the 3rd highest grossing film ever.

Oh and Kendrick Lamar killed it with the music. Ooh.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

I watched A Quiet Place, too.
    You'd think that people would have figured out that the monster with one sense weakness was that one sense at 400+ days earlier, too.

I enjoyed the film, but there was a lot of really stupid Darwin Award winning stuff in the film. Characters would do stupid things that seemed to be only things they did in order to create some kind of monster scene.
    And then when they showed that the monsters can die when shot, I was like, exactly how have they basically wiped out civilization? loud noises + guns really aren't hard to come up with.

But aside from the family doing really stupid things, it was incredibly well acted, and made. Had a great sense of atmosphere. A mostly silent film. Although that might be problems in a theater. Especially when your theater has restrooms next to them with hand driers that are really loud. So, I wouldn't recommend this in a theater. Watching it at home would probably be a better place. Otherwise the public can be very distracting.

So, I do recommend it, just not in a theater.

7 out of 10. I give it a C grade.

15. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Call Me By Your Name: 9.5/10

16. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Creed: 10/10
    Mazinger Z: Infinity: 8/10

• Like Like x 1
  17. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

A Quiet Place - 9/10

One of only two or three actually good horror movies I've seen in a very long time.

Their weakness had nothing to do with volume, it was the particular frequency emitted by the daughter's broken hearing aid. While I do think that after realizing the monsters' reliance on sound, the first thing any scientific-minded person would try to experiment with is different frequencies, but it's implied that the invasion happened so quickly that no one really had time to do much experimenting after the sound thing was public knowledge. Especially for the survivors, where experimenting like that would risk death. On top of all that, the particular frequency range was discovered completely by accident, so there's no telling how long it may have taken if someone was actually trying to find it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    American Beauty - 9/10

19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping - 4/10:

Long story short, this was a really bad SNL skit that went on for way too long and much like the Conner character in the film, no one told The Lonely Island no.

They should've.

This was, without a doubt, one of the stupidest films I've ever seen. We're not talking Dumb & Dumber stupid, we're talking Ace Ventura Jr. stupid.

I laughed 4 times in the film, and one of those times was unintentional because it was just so "Wow. That was... *SMH*" kind of laughing.

The rest of it was painfully unfunny and at moments came across like a real, but badly made documentary, and then they try and make you laugh again and you're reminded this is supposed to be a comedy. It really was that bad. I'd have rather had a drama with humor elements and some good music but no, couldn't have that.

To anyone who gave the green light: Screw you!

20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    All you had to say was that it was an SNL skit. The rest is redundant.

• Like Like x 2