The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Greatest Showman... eh.... 5/10

The songs are actually pretty good. I do not like musicals at all, but I have to admit the songs are catchy. Choreography is on point. The movie tries to do too much from an "inspirational" standpoint, and most of the story is fictional, which is annoying as hell when it comes to movies about actual people.

2. algo448

algo448 Amateur Procrastinator

News Credits:
    Batman: Gotham by Gaslight.

It's... fine, but that's about it, the film feels like it could use a longer runtime, watching the familiar cast in a new setting is fun, but there's simply not enough time to make the most out of the mystery or even introduce enough suspects to keep you in your toes.
    Which is a shame as the general idea of it and the way it unfolds at the end is pretty interesting

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blade Runner: The Final Cut - 9/10:

Better than I remembered, fantastic film.
    The performances are top notch, but now that I'm older, I see Roy's anger, his drive, his desire and pain.
    Just a beautiful, yet ugly, film that makes us question "Just because we can, should we?"
    Absolutely fantastic film.

Can't wait to see Blade Runner 2049...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wonder Woman--8/10

Atomic Blonde--7/10

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku “This is the way.”

Instagram:
    I'm probably gonna get some hate for this, but I watched the Last Jedi, and I gotta give it a rating of 9/10

I loved MOST of it. Also, I'm not that judgmental about most things. The only things I didn't like were: the Finn and Rose side quest taking a huge chunk of the running time, Luke's portray, and well... Luke's.... fading....

• Like Like x 1
  6. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Geostorm - 6.5/10

Always a sucker for Gerard Butler movies, and thought this was a perfectly serviceable disaster movie. Kind of reminded me of the disaster flicks of the 70s, except this one was given an extravagant budget. Definitely one of those so dumb but fun movies. I was never bored, and even had some good laughs, such as a high speed chase occurring in a lightning storm. That was so stupid that it was impossible for me to hate the movie :lol .

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Network 6/10
    Man of Steel 9/10
    Interstellar 8.5/10
    Scream 8/10
    Coming to America 6/10
    Lady Bird 7.5/10

8. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

The Greatest Showman-9/10

The most energized musical I've seen in a while, miles better than La La Land in my opinion, in which I could not get past the first half hour.

The acting, dancing, singing, cinematography and just over all performance encapsulated in this movie worked perfectly in tandem.

I would love to see this get a live broadway version some day, but the movie felt like it was already.

9. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz #BringBackNationalDex

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Terminator Genisys - 9.5/10

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

It was also clearly a sequel to a movie that never happened. lol It is quite the disasterpiece.

11. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Lovely Bones - 7.5/10

It was halfway through the film when I suddenly realized: "Age of Extinction was the second time Mark Wahlberg and Stanley Tucci had starred in the same film!"

When Bones was first released, I heard very little to make me want to go see it. Sure, there were some rather intriguing visuals associated with the film's advertising, but it was Peter Jackson's first post-big-budget film after King Kong, and I did wonder a bit how it was after he went from LOTR and Kong, to something that seemed as intimate as Bones.

Watching the film, I couldn't help but feel that it felt severely disjointed at times, almost like I was watching What Dreams May Come, but without an underlying narrative structure to fully tie much of it together (plus, both had a scene where their dead character watches a tree lose it's leaves).

PJ really likes to throw us into the visuals once Suzie has died, but I wonder if that became something that stuck in his head after Kong, which also seemed to suffer from wanting to overreach in places. Even the characterization at times feels rather uneven, to the point that I rarely cared about anyone, and seemed that most were merely set dressing...though I think the highlight for most viewers, is Stanley Tucci's character. We've seen Tucci with glasses, but this was the first time I'd ever seen him sporting a normal civilian clothes, a mustache, AND HAIR that actually made him look semi-normal...and that upped the creep factor for his character (and probably helped secure him a supporting actor nom at the Oscars).

I was surprised how well Jackson and the production design seemed to capture the feel of the 70's. I grew up in the 80's, playing in houses that were still carrying the residual of the time period in Bones, and it was strange how comforting that world looked at times. Plus, PJ he can definitely do suspense well in a few scenes, but I think he suffers from a little of the same symptoms that JJ Abrams suffers from, in that he seems to understand the concepts of emotions at times, but in trying to get the audience to believe it as easily as what someone like Steven Spielberg can do, he has to work a little harder. With Bones, I really, really wanted to feel like he was going to get me emotionally in a number of places. One scene he came very very close, but then it passed as quickly as it had come.

In the end, I was waiting for the film to just really engulf me, but it just felt like Jackson got too deep into the concepts of the story, and couldn't get the heart to beat within it.

12. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let's see... Batman: Gotham By Gaslight, I would rate it 7-8/10. I loved it and it was enjoyable and well voice-acted and written, but not the "instant rewatch" type like Batman & Harley Quinn.
    If we are speaking in theaters, Jumanji (2017), which I'd say is also 7-/10. But frankly, I have a hard time grading movies on a scale. I'd rather grade them by how much I still remember them weeks later, and how much I think about rewatching them.

-Btw, whenever I hear the title "The Lovely Bones" I imagine it as a romantic Star Trek comedy where Nurse Chapel falls for McCoy but he, stubborn and oblivious as he is, never notices. "Dammit, I am a doctor, not your boyfriend!"

Come oooooonnnnn! Unless you forgot the [/sarcasm] tag?
    I'd rate that terrible mishap as the lowest of the Terminator movies. I even enjoyed 3 more than Genisys. When Kyle was travelling back in time and got the "recap" of his own past on the way (to explain things to the audience because I guess the director thinks we are all stupid), my brother and I both cringed audibly. Not to mention the terrible jokes by Arnie, The Doctor as a suddenly chatty cliche supervillain embodiment of Skynet, or that Skynet is an App now... guess in the next movie, Skynet will be a viral emoji?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

10 Cloverfield Lane:
    With two Cloverfield movies this year coming I thought it was better to watch this for now.

Now I know the monster isn't here but still a horror movie. The first part did feel like an indie Steam horror game. At least it's not shaky cam garbage. It's mostly a bottle movie which I'm okay with (12 Angry Men is one of my most favorite movies of all time). I've yet to see The Big Lebowski (I will see it someday) so I'm not familiar with John Goodman's role there and besides Transformers and Kong, all I know him as the nice big guy... Not this angry, wild, and scary Goodman.

I liked the tone of this movie shifting from horror to safety to tension making you feel unsure of what to expect. You know something bad is going to happen, only not how and when. Usually these "stuck with the bad guy" types of movies makes very obvious the villain is evil and the plan is always escape their clutches. Here it's not about escaping, it's about being forced to live with a psychopath and you can't do anything but live with him. Still doesn't make not predictable at points.

7.5/10

14. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

This post just made my day. :lol 

Anyway, RoboCop - 10/10. I still couldn't believe the film is a little over 30 years old already.

15. Primal1987

News Credits:
    My Little Pony: The Movie (1986) - 3/10

That was...just...bad. What's interesting is that the 2017 film seemed to have borrowed some of the structural beats from this, only made it way way WAYYY better.

16. Primal1987

News Credits:
    The Maze Runner - 9/10
    The Scorch Trials - 8/10
    The Death Cure - 8.5/10

17. NSJ23

NSJ23 on TFW2005 for everything but TF's....

Star Wars The force Awakens: 9/10. Haters gonna hate but i love this movie! and if you re watch and listen a lot of last jedi resistance/republic/rebellion plot questions are answered by Hux in his monologue, and what Kylo says about Rey’s parents is in her force dream...

• Like Like x 1
  18. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    The Angry Birds Movie - 6/10

It wasn't this mad as a I Remember, but it's still mediocre. I will never understand why Peter Dinklage said yes to voicing the Mighty Eagle.

19. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

The Shape of Water - 9/10

I am seriously glad I went to see this film with my brother today. It's a very beautiful and well-done movie with a great cast and fantastic costumes and make-up especially for the creature even if he still reminded me of Abe Sapien from the Hellboy movies just a little bit. This movie certainly earned it's Oscar nominations and I hope that The Shape of Water would win at least some of them.

20. comicfan17blue

comicfan17blue Well-Known Member

Money, why else.