The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Come to think of it, yeah, there were several kids who were running around in the theater during the movie. It actually got kind of annoying, really. Parents should not take their kids to a movie theater if they don't teach their kids how to sit still throughout the whole movie first.

I didn't say Coco looked bad, in fact, I have high hopes for it. It's just that it worries me when Disney advertises a Frozen short before it. It also doesn't help that the Frozen short doesn't even look all that great.

2. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Wonder Woman - 8.5/10

Nice to see a well made DC movie for a change, congrats to the cast and crew. I've had reservations about Gadot's acting abilities for a long time, but I think she was great in this. Loved the "No Man's Land" scene, it gave me goosebumps. Things got a little out of control in the third act, but I guess that's what should be expected from a big budget Superhero movie. Wasn't really interested in Justice League, but I have a little more optimism now.

3. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Resident Evil: Vendetta:
    Yes, a digital version is available, look for it yourself. Anyway, the movie:

Now, like the previous two movies, this is more of a side story that's connected with stuff that happened within the main game timeline. In this case what happened after Resident Evil 6 but before 7. Speaking of which, the first act had some moments with the perspective switches to first person perspective making it like a direct nod to RE7 being a First Person view game and had the same kind of item inspection feel to it. It's a neat touch.

The first act at the mansion with Chris's BSAA unit is... as you would imagine... but with Alien Covenant stupidity! That's right! A trained team that's main job to fight the BOWs, in a world where BOWs are common knowledge with worldwide incidents, and led by the guy who started the whole business, who taught them what they're dealing with... still have units stupid enough to not know a zombie or an obvious BOW in front of them! I'm sorry, but WHAT???!!! In other word, the first act ends how you expect it.

Starting from the second act with Rebecca, it gets better. She kicked ass rather well until the boys showed up. Okay, let me get this out of the way: Rebecca is the best written character in the movie. She's the mature one while everybody else the squabbling child. A pity they decided to make her a Damsel in Distress half way through the movie instead of being on a more active role. Then it turns to a Chris & Leon show.

Leon was a little messy at start. It was like Chris in RE6 but not as terrible as it was and I appreciate them fixing the horrible team up they had in that game with them working on better terms here. Still wished their first canonical on-screen meeting would've been better overall, but that's how it went. Anyway, yeah. Leon starts as an asshole who stops caring for his duty and goes off drinking losing his cool until company arrived and got back to his usual Leon self with a tad bit sillier action scenes. Yeah, Leon is supposed to be good, but there's this one moment in the movie where his movies got too silly to believe. I mean, Chris got his silly moves from the game so I can't complain about that, but when Leon does it? It's not really his style of fighting.

Chris is the same hard hitting Redfield but more lively and not as brooding or cynic as RE5 and 6 and you can see that he learned to control his mental issues better than before, especially when he shakes Leon out of the same issues he went with. The rest of his team (first and second) are pretty much extras you don't care for.

Main villain didn't impress me as much Belikova from Damnation. Arias was like a Wesker knockoff complete with lightning speed moves, able to kick Chris's ass, and mutate to a monster later on, but he's missing the black, the sunglasses, the charisma, and the damns we give to care for him. And his "vendetta"? The government ruined his wedding by dropping a bomb on it that killed everyone except him because........................ plot armor. Oh, and he kidnapped Rebecca because she looks like his wife. Also because she knew how his virus works but also because she looks like his wife.

The new virus is the A-Virus. What does it stand for? "Animality". Seriously. Insert your Mortal Kombat joke here. However it's more related to the Las Plagas than the Tyrant Virus. The new A-Virus zombies are something... their bite works really fast, they are super agile, and they can talk as well, and they have targeting capabilities. Oh, and they pulled a Walking Dead with the virus being in everyone and it only needs a trigger to activate. The big muscle BOW with the iron mask, basically an Ustanak/Mister X character.

The graphics and CGI models are great looking. Some times I forget I'm watching a CGI animated movie and not a live action one because some face models are really well done, but then I look at Chris and Leon and remember "oh yeah, this is an animated movie".

Overall, this movie is more classic Resident Evil. It's less about politics and companies and more about an actual bio attack, and with zombies instead of Las Plagas soldiers. The dynamics between the main characters took its time but the payoff was well received. It got a little bit of horror, got it's classic RE cheese we know and love. The action is expected from the movie and it's big and all, but not as ridiculous as RE6. In fact, you could say this is the apology for all the bad things from RE6.

Final thoughts: I still think Damnation is the best. This one is not bad, it's well done and much better coming after RE6, but the uninspired villain, taking the spotlight from Rebecca, Leon overshadows Chris at some point after the other, and some unresolved plotlines make this the second best of the CGI RE movies.

7/10

And while this wasn't part of the plan as I wasn't sure it'll be released here, it's still a 2017 movie so I'll include it here:
    01- Logan
    02- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    03- Kong: Skull Island
    04- The Lego Batman Movie
    05- Resident Evil: Vendetta
    06- Power Rangers

07-
    08-
    09- Ghost in the Shell
    10-
    11-

12-
    13-
    14-
    15- Alien Covenant
    16- Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

4. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Wonder Woman - 7.5/10 I thought it was good, but started to tail off towards the end. Ares was a garbage foe. Should have been Circe.

5. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starship Troopers 8.5/10

This movie is fucking great.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Optimax Prime

Optimax Prime The 14th Prime

Fort Optimax (which is more than meets the eye)
    Power Rangers (2017) 10/10
    why? they're badass in my opinion
    Warcraft 10/10

7. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Yes it is. And it never gets old. I can watch it over and over.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Shimmer Lake 7/10

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  9. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Resident Evil Vendetta (One night in theaters only) 7/10

Action was just over the top. Nice to see the return of Rebecca. As a previous viewer said it, plot was just predictable and cliched. Villain wasn't that mysterious or outstanding as Belikova from Damnation. It was pretty funny to see how Leon and Chris reversed roles in their introductions in RE6 and this film. Worth a watch. I was amazed that my theater was almost packed. Lots of fanboys plus their girlfriends who probably didn't give a rip about the film. Then again they may had been fans too.There was a few old looking folks as well. Very intriguing.

10. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Resident Evil: Vendetta - 7.5/10

Holy crap, was that a ride. Still, there were elements that annoyed me.

Didn't like how sidelined Rebecca was for the second half of it. Leon's arc felt like it was truncated greatly. If his backstory about why he was a drunk was shown, instead of told to us, scenes such as him encountering that guy who betrayed him would of had more impact.

I hope we see that hot evil chick again, either through a game spin off or another CG movie.

Overall, I enjoyed it. At first, it seemed to try to be scary like the first few games, but then it got big and silly, like the later games. The over the top nature of it may irk some fans, but I had a ball, and the film proved to me that John Wick would be the sole survivor of a zombie apocalypse, if Leon's moves were any indication.

11. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    Transformers The Last Knight - 4/10

Wow am I extremely disappointed with this one.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  12. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Did you not watch like the last 3 movies?

13. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    Oh I did. But those films were still far more enjoyable than this one.

14. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Transformers The Last Knight: 1/10

Left like an hour and fifteen minutes into the movie. Usually these are a fun romp but this one just was bad. And boring, which is something a Bay film should never be.

15. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Transformers: The Last Knight 3/10 Fuck you Michael Bay for ruining Hot Rod.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Transformers: TLK 4/10 I don't know why I expect these to be anything good at this point. Maybe I'm just masochistic. It started out decent and then just became a downward spiral.

17. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So I have a question about The Last Knight. What happened to Wahlberg's daughter from the last movie? Did the actress get too old for Michael Bay's tastes, hence why he brought in another girl that is like 15 in it to exploit?

18. knights of Australia

knights of Australia Well-Known Member

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

1/10

Fuck you Paul ws Anderson

19. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers: The Last Knight- 5/10

As a movieverse fan, this was the most frustrating and saddening of the films to watch just because I thought the first 50 minutes or so were a lot of fun. The action, the Bots, visuals and even humor were all great. But once the plot really kicks in when Hopkins starts explaining stuff, YIKES. I'm just so damn disgusted with the plot these writers cooked up. There was some fun stuff once Optimus came back to earth but this movie saddened me in it's wasted potential after such a great start. Still something I didn't hate watching but my god is this franchise's reputation sealed now.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  20. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers: The Last Knight 3/10

Super low expectations still couldn't save this from being a massive disappointment.