The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2(Second viewing) - 7/10

I can't remember what I gave it the first time, but I definitely didn't like it as much the second time. A lot of the jokes just felt really forced, most of the song choices didn't seem to fit this time around, and overall I didn't like the story.

It's not that it's a bad movie, but it pales in comparison to the first one. Absolutely love that first one.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen- 4/10

This movie had become a guilty pleasure of mine because I really enjoy the first half (everything up till and including the forest battle), but the second half is not a fun watch. It's a near disaster and where the movie earns it's rotten reputation though the days are long gone of me feeling anger towards this movie.

• Like Like x 1
  3. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I think the aliens were still looking after the kids, they weren't completely on their own. I think the scene where Cage finally agrees to let his son go was very well played and touching.

4. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've always described that movie as Bay's version of a Spielberg movie. I love it.

5. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    The Untouchables (1987) - 8/10

When I was younger the only albums on my parent's iPad I could listen to apart from Adele was Yo Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone and one of the songs I enjoyed was the Death Theme from this film and I was looking around Amazon Prime today when I noticed this film was available. Since I haven't really seen any of the films on that album, I decided to watch the film and listen to hear when the song was played.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris James

News Credits:
    Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 6.5/10

I had been down on DOTM for a while but there was something about this particular viewing that just kinda clicked. Maybe because it was watched within the context of watching the first 2 films and the positives of this one came through. The advantages this one has is it has the best story of all the films, the action is fun, it's got some good Bots parts, and the visuals are fantastic. I even had a lot of fun with the final battle which I had been critical lately of being a bit too military heavy. What hurts the movie is too many unlikable humans and it would've been better if they had Mikeala instead of Carly.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Cars - I only watched this movie once ten years ago, which was the day I bought it on BD. As such, it was interesting to take a new look at it and I gotta say that I was quite impressed with it this time around. It's still about 15 minutes longer than it needed to be, but I didn't find myself bored and I resonated with the characters and situations a lot more than I did then. Hell, it is probably no longer the weakest Pixar movie on my list, so I'm moving its original 6/10 score to an 8/10.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Mummy (2017) - 7.5/10

Had a good time with this. Not a great movie by any stretch, but it was one of those flicks that was so tonally bizarre, that I wanted to see what happened next.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    The Neon Demon - 7/10

Gorgeous cinematography, amazing soundtrack, and brilliant acting; but my god this was one of the most fucked up movies I've seen in recent memory. There is some weird shit in here.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I said it was a great virtual artbook because that is all it was. Amazing music, top notch visuals and camera work, and the most bare minimum, basic, generic, one dimensional plot and characters imaginable.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    I do think however there is a lot of symbolism about how toxic the fashion industry is and our we place so much emphasis on vanity. Maybe the dialogue was average just to underscore how "fake" the other characters were? I mean Jesse seemed pretty genuine to me
    until she was consumed—literally and metaphorically—by the lifestyle and people around her.

12. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DC Superhero Girls: Intergalactic Games - 1/10

I really don't know why I bothered after despising the first movie. Somehow, this one was even worse. A quarter assed Equestria Girls knock off that manages to not take what makes that series so fun, while also being a massive insult to the DC heroes and heroines that populate this spin-off. I'd rather watch every episode of Teen Titans Go on a loop rather than any more installments of this. At least I can get some good laughs out of Teen Titans Go.

13. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, the movie completely lost me at that point.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cars 3 5.5/10

Rakka 8/10
    Neill Blonkamp's new short film.

15. Chris James

News Credits:
    Transformers: Age of Extinction- 7/10

I know the movie is not for everyone but I really enjoyed a lot of the elements this movie brought to the table. The reason why it works for me is because it hit a checklist of things of things I wanted to see addressed/improved on from the previous films. The problem is that the movie is way too long. A blockbuster like this has no business being 2 hr 40. It needed about 20 minutes to be chopped of which could've easily been done.

Overall, this week's Bayverse marathon got me really excited for this week. My only regret is that the movie ain't coming out tomorrow but since TLK is a midweek release I wanted to do the marathon this week and give TLK next week to itself. I enjoyed all the movies in the marathon except ROTF's 2nd half.

16. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Groundhog Day
    This movie is just a really fun blast from start to finish. They utilized the comedic effects of the time loop aspect along with the dramatic parts really well. RIP Harold Ramis, this movie is a gem.
    10/10

Taken
    Liam Neeson single handily carries this film with charisma. Famke Janssen was good but their daughter is kind of annoying and a really spoiled person. Its shaky cam was fine and the plot was simple enough yet does not contain a well-rounded antagonist. I would say it was enjoyable enough because it does move at a fast pace.
    7/10

17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Wonder Woman - 9/10

The movie is not perfect: the German general is played more like a Waffen-SS than regular Weirmar officer, and the shit he gets up to with Dr. Poison is more than occasionally asinine. Also I feel certain aspects of the third act needed to happen in the second act and one genuinely interesting revelation seems to be acknowledged and dismissed much too easily. Also the makes the same choice as most movies about the Greek Gods and makes Zeus the big good, and imitates New52 by making him the biggest part of Diana's creation myth and subsequently sidelines her more traditional patrons like Hera, Artemis, Aphrodite and especially Athena.

Other than that, a home-fucking-run. Gal Gadot ran away with BvS and continues to do so here with a unique screen presence that combined with the way her character is written makes her seem more of a hero than Superman: I cried when she goes over the top into No-Man's Land because its just such a damn effective scene.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    John Wick 2 - 6/10

19. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Cars 2 - You know how I said I thought this movie was great when I saw it in theaters while I didn't care for the first one? And then how this time around the first one impressed me? So yeah, this one was the exact opposite of that. The opening sequence is hands down the best part of the movie. That spy bit on the oil rig was awesome. And then the movie kind of just goes downhill from there. There is just way too much toilet humor and I have no idea who the movie's focus is supposed to be on as sometimes it feels like it wants to focus on Lightning, and then other times it wants Matter to be the main character. I still love the spy movie homages and Michael Caine is awesome, but this movie was made for kids first, adults third. Overall, I'm dropping my original score of an 8 to a 6/10 and this is easily the weakest of all of the PIxar movies.

• Like Like x 1
  20. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Wonder Woman - 8/10

Took a while but I've finally seen it. A lot of people have been praising this movie and it's easy to see why. It did help break the dark and gritty for the sake of being dark trend that the DCEU has been doing for a while now and it really does a great job at humanizing Wonder Woman while still retaining her powerful essence. Not to mention I'm liking how they've done the theme with knowing both the good and bad parts of humanity and coming to terms with how there's always going to be conflicts between the too as long as Earth remains alive. Good message to send to people especially with what's going on lately in the world.

• Like Like x 1