The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alice Through The Looking Glass - 6/10

Now there's a film with a bare bones script that attempts to hide it by throwing as much money on the screen as possible. I thought it looked gorgeous, though. I felt that the first film wasn't very colorful, so it was nice to see some vibrancy in the sequel. I also liked Saha Baron Cohen as Time, and I overall enjoyed myself. It was certainly more fun than the first film, but it doesn't leave much of a lasting impression.

2. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It Comes At Night 7/10

3. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    The Mummy - 5/10

4. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story- 5/10

Eh, it was okay. Not the kind of Star Wars movie I would want to watch again afterwards.

5. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ben-Hur (2016)--4/10. It does not beat the Charlton Heston version.

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Rurouni Kenshin pt 1 - 9/10
    The live action adaptation of the series. First film. Basically it condenses the first dozen or so episodes into two hours. Lots of little changes here and there. No Aohsi and Obiwaban group. Jene' is now the underling of the crime boss. Yahiko is already Kauru's student. Saito shows up way earlier and is less of a dick.

For taking the first arc of the anime and condensing it to about 2hrs it does great. People look like the anime. A minor gripe here and there. They kept mispronouncing Megumi's name in the dub. They say May-gah-me, but anime it is Meh-goo-may.

7. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beauty and the Beast (2017) -5.5/10

Decent attempt but didn't get much outta this one. Not sure if that's this movie's fault, my fault or just how good the original was. I'd guess all three.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  8. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - 8/10

Beauty and the Beast (1991) - 9/10

The Mummy (2017) - 6/10
    Tom Cruise should have destroyed that stupid rock and moved on with his life or joined Russell Crowe's group.

9. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders - Adam West/10

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Why is everyone always overly sensitive about having their opinion questioned? Dude, it's a friggin message board where we converse and talk about our opinions. Why even bother posting at all if you don't want to dispute each other's opinions and give opposing viewpoints? This is not an attack on you, I just don't get this mentality. Is everyone's mindset so frail these days that they do not understand the difference between attacking and sparking up a conversation? That was all I was doing because the way you described your dislike of the movie was, "My brother bugged me to watch this, so I did, and I didn't like it." Why didn't you like it? Was there anything you did like? How do you compare the Star Wars movies? Are you even a fan of the franchise?

Like I get the being forced to watch thing. That is why I hated Pulp Fiction when I originally saw it back in 98. My brother bugged me to watch the movie and I finally gave him, but because I had no interest in actually watching it at that time, I sat there unimpressed. It wasn't until I went out and watched it on my own about 6 years ago that I truly learned how amazing it was.

• Like Like x 2
  11. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

^ I already pointed out my reasons for not liking the movie back on TokuNation as well as explanations for said those reasons. You have seen these posts there, right? You should know by this point since we're members there as well and I don't feel like going over them again. I find other Star Wars films to be better and I'm a fan of the franchise as early as 1995. I've actually read the books and comics of the old EU since early 2014. Just because I like Star Wars doesn't mean I have to like every single thing about it. Seriously, it's not that hard of a concept. Plenty people hate on the prequel trilogy all the time. I don't see why would this be any different. And no, I'm not planning to watch this again. Hell, I even tried liking it as it goes on but I keep finding myself being taking away from it by its mostly bad writing especially on how Luke, Han, and Leia are treated and just waiting for it to end. I went to see X-Men: Days of Future's Past and Kong: Skull Island with my brother and I wasn't interested in seeing them nor planned to do so at the time and I ended up really liking them. At least with the case with the former, we went to see the 2014 Godzilla movie on that same day. So, yeah something is wrong there and, quite frankly, it isn't me. If you like and enjoy The Force Awakens, great. More power to ya.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  12. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

The Circle - 3/10
    It was a very predictable story about the dangers of Social Media, but I think it was fairly obvious how it was going to play out. I guess younger millennials might relate to the story better than I could, but nothing that the characters learned seemed to be anything that an adult wouldn't already know.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 8.5/10
    Great follow up to what was started in Vol. 1. The Comedy and Music are a very welcome change from the standard MCU films that makes Guardians unique. I really loved Rooker in this one.

Alien - 10/10
    It's a Masterpiece. The Pinnacle of what the Sci-Fi, Horror and Thriller genres have to offer all rolled into one perfect film.

Aliens - 10/10
    My second favorite action movie behind Terminator 2. The effects, stunts and costumes still look great even though the film was made over 30 years ago. Ellen Ripley is the hero that every other Action Film wishes it had.

Alien: Covenant - 7.5/10

I liked it more than Prometheus, but it felt like there was a chapter missing in between the two films.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers- 7.5/10

The one TF movie that I think is a solid good movie no matter the perspective. I really enjoy the movie's Spielberg touch combined with the Bayhem.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows - 6/10

It was entertaining for what it was, but could've been so much better. Shredder was totally useless. Casey Jones was way underused. Hell, we only got to see him once with the hockey mask on. Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krang were decent.

15. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Agreed. I actually love that movie. If you take out the Michael Bay toilet humor, it would be damn near perfect.

16. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Speaking of the original:

Beauty And The Beast (1991 version, rewatch) - 10/10

Still the timeless classic it was when I first saw it. Still my most favorite Disney movie and STILL in my top 10 all-time favorite movies list!

And if you haven't cried to this song or have it on iTunes then you have no soul!

17. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Big Trouble in Little China - 10/10
    Captain Underpants - 10/10

18. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Knowing: 9/10

Still one of my favorite movies (don't ask me why).

19. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    Wonder Woman was pretty awesome. Plus, watching Gal G for 2+hrs is worth it alone

20. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I thought it was good up till the end. The whole predicting disasters bit was cool but then the "Holy Frig! Aliens!" Bit made me turn on that film so fast. Plus now we have an alien planet of kids with no survival skills.

Edit:

Source of the Holy Frig Aliens line around 4:45

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017