The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Tenchi Forever - 10/10

A great Epilogue of a Finale to Tenchi Universe.

2. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ratchet and Clank- 7/10

Wasn't stellar but, it was entertaining. Several moments had the theatre actually laughing. Animation was top notch. My son, 8, loved it.

3. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    There's a movie of them?

Sooo behind the times.

4. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
    6/10
    Suffers similar narrative flaws like Man of Steel only that the difference that seems to be there is that there are more subplots than flashbacks.
    It's a really desperate movie for sure but I do want to see where they can go with Batman and Wonder Woman.
    I didn't hate Lex. Jr completely and I like his music score. Just would have been better if he was more gentleman-ish and older.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    Batman vs Superman. 2/10 and those two points are only because of how awesome Wonder Woman was.

6. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Sexist, I haven't even seen the movie, but know she at least rates a 5/10, :lol 

7. wtrz

wtrz neat

News Credits:
    Ratchet & Clank - 7/10

This movie was funny, no doubt about that. The story was a little thin for my liking, but wasn't too bad. I had less than mediocre expectations going in, since I went to go see it as a favor to my best friend, and it was good but not great. David Kaye is awesome, though.

8. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

They want other countries to build up the hype to make the homecoming more grand :p 

9. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    Captain America : Civil War - 9/10

Spider-Man referenced The Empire Strikes Back.

My life is complete.

10. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cap America: Civil War- 10/10

Batman V Superman - 9/10. That's right, 9/10.

11. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

Ratchet and Clank Movie - 7.5/10

It was a great film but sadly pretty much fans of the series will get the most mileage out of it. I should know since I am a pretty huge R&C fan. It's pretty much the 1986 Transformers the Movie scenario.

12. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

Captain America: Civil War - 8/10

13. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Keanu - 7/10

14. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble processing this rating. Most people seem to love Civil War but hate BvS.

15. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tried watching, but gave up. Minions are fun in small doses, but this was too much.

12 Days of Terror - 3/10
    Film based on the 1916 Jersey Shore shark attacks. The real attacks took place over a 50 mile stretch of the coast. This makes it all occur within about 2-3 miles and everybody knows one another. The main character is Alex Ott who is the life guard who pulled the first victim to shore. His fellow life guard is the next victim who is attacked bringing in some kids who went too far out. In real life, it was a Swiss immigrant or tourist. Third is a young boy swiming in the creek. Alex is friends with the kid and plays stickball with him. Alex's ex girlfriend is engaged and he is the man to dive in for the boy and becomes an attack victim too. There is another boy who is attacked and survives.

It is stupid to make every single victim connected like this. It tries to be like Jaws and has John Rys Davies in the Quint role. Alex is Brody. It is just terrible.

16. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Marvel Cinematic Universe Marathon
    Iron Man (2008) - Chuck Norris/10
    The Incredible Hulk (2008) - 8/10
    Iron Man 2 (2010) - 6/10
    Thor (2011) - 8/10
    Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) - Chuck Norris/10
    The Avengers (2012) - Chuck Norris/10
    Iron Man 3 (2013) - 8/10
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) -7/10
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) - Chuck Norris/10
    Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) - Chuck Norris/10
    Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) - 9/10
    Ant-Man (2015) - 9/10
    Captain America: Civil War (2016) - Chuck Norris/10

17. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scarface - 4/10:

This is considered a classic? I'm not trying to be mean or trollish, I'm being genuine here. I found it to be a very unimpressive flick. Across the board.

The mansion was the only thing that really stood out to me, everything else was just subpar.

Al Pacino is a great actor, no doubt, but his performance of Tony was annoying at best, really kind of offensive at worst. (That accent, the mannerisms, all of it just...annoying.) Michelle Pfeiffer was absolutely wasted here (no pun intended) and they could've used her for so much more. I was sad to see she wasn't able to reach her full potential. Robert Loggia gave the most phoned in and terrible Cuban accent I've heard and I thought Pacino's was terrible...

On one hand, it kind of embraced the violence and excess of the life and the times. Which I didn't care for. Then, other times, it showed the destruction and waste left behind once you cross that line. It was tonally odd in spots and sent a mixed message. It should've shown more suffering and the downsides to such a life. Instead, it just kind of Hollywooded the whole thing as is usually the case. A very mixed message, indeed.

Good freakin' grief... This is one long ass movie and the pacing is quite terrible in so many places. I actually fell asleep at the midway point and had to come back and watch it later just to finish it. So boring.

It went weird, too. The whole thing with Gina at the end...I know why it went down like that, but it's so gross and such an odd/weird choice and I think it was unnecessary to have in the film.

The overall pace of the film is incredibly and horribly slow, it's overlong and bloated, but some of the story elements are rushed and not fleshed out as well as they needed to be. It felt like the filmmakers were on coke, much like Tony was. It was so messed up and just a mess.

Some great quotes, I can't deny that, but a lot of younger people wanted (some still do) to emulate Tony Montana and I cannot see why after watching this. It didn't work out in the end, much like it won't for most who go down such a path. (And this is one of the reasons I'm incredibly disappointed with the message the film gives. "Be a louse, you'll make mad money and go out in a blaze of glory. You'll lose some really great shit along the way, but still...")

An absolute waste of talent and time. I hated this movie, I really did. I only gave it a 4 because of the visuals and the star studded cast. (That they were there, not their performances.)

*sighs* I want those 3 hours back. I'm sorry, 2 hours and 50 minutes. I WANT THOSE BACK. Ugh.

Fortunately, it wasn't all bad in terms of entertainment this weekend...

Keanu - 7.5/10:

Wow! This...was hilarious. I'm normally not down for this kind of humor, but somehow... Key and Peele pulled it off.

The film couldn't have been handled by anyone else and been a hit, it needed their specific brand of humor, yes even racial, for it to work.

Overall, it's smart and subversive and does have a message, but make no mistake that this is a STUPID movie, and that's why it works. It's a hilarious and crazy smart stupid movie. Plenty of movies go for stupidity and spoofery and they're just completely deficient in every way, shape and form.

Key and Peele knew they were dealing with stupidity here and they made it work. They made it have a message. They made you take a second look at things and not to judge a book by it's cover.

That said, it doesn't always work. Sometimes the jokes and setups went a bit too stupid for their own good and the humor felt forced. However, they ended up making it work in the end. Think of it as a plane suddenly nose diving at various points throughout a flight and some badass comes along and pulls the nose back up at the last second. That's what K & P did for the duration of the movie.

I couldn't believe it worked. This seems to be a critical darling, all things considered and I usually don't agree with the critics on a lot of films. They tend to love odd and quirky films like this one and the film doesn't pan out to be what was promised. This one did. It was everything they promised and more.

There are PLENTY of lough out loud, gut busting moments that'll make you laugh like an idiot. You shouldn't be laughing, you know it, but you can't help it. It's a testament to their skill and charms, when they can make a joke land and stick, man do they ever.

Spoiler alert: Yes,
    Keanu Reeves
    does make a cameo appearance, but not at all in the manner you would expect. That was handled so well, it was so funny.

My only criticisms are as follows:
    1. It goes on a bit too long. A flat 90 minutes, probably less, would've sufficed. I know it's only 10 minutes more at 100 minutes, but those 10 minutes really do add quite a bit to the length of the film and felt like padding rather than substance. There are sequences and jokes that run just a bit too long and feel like "Okay...point's been made, are we done yet?" (Then K & P come along and fix it and you're like "...alright, you magnificent bastards. I'll let it pass.")

2. It was kind of all over the map in some scenes. You have one guy trying to keep his marriage together and not be such a wimp, while the other is trying to keep his relationship with a pet together. (This is also where the humor comes from, because it's so absurd, but still...) A few too many side stories as well.

Still, the film works as a buddy comedy, a geek and stoner comedy and it's surprisingly sweet and heartfelt at times. (I was most surprised by that, than anything else.) The action sequences were even rather impressive, even if they felt a tad extreme in some parts.

The best way I can put it is this: Beverly Hills Cop was really an action flick with a liberal dose of comedy put in place to make it excel and that it did. It wouldn't have worked if it hadn't had the comedy that it did. It was a healthy balance, it became a classic.

Keanu is definitely a comedy first and foremost, with some action mixed in. The action's a bit over the top and forced and isn't quite as balanced. That said, I believe it could become a classic like BHC.

Eddie Murphy more or less set the tone and broke the mold, while K & P put the mold back together and are pretty much setting their own tone. We need more of what they have to offer. If they do another Keanu style film, I'll have my butt in the seat on opening day.

They've won me over, they've impressed me greatly. Go see it, it's a fun romp from beginning to end, just expect some solid stupidity. lol

18. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

Keanu 8/10 :D 

19. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Inside Out: 10/10

20. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Green Lantern Emerald Knights: 7/10

Quite a nice look into the lore of the Green Lanterns. Hal's pretty cool, Sinestro is savvy, Arisia is a sweetie, Laira's hardcore and we got a nice look at Abin Sur.

Also, it's pretty entertaining how the plot is swiftly and awesomely resolved the second Mogo steps in.