The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Captain America the Winter soldier. - 8/10

2. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Akira - 9/10

3. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Kingpin - 9/10

4. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    Jurassic World (2nd viewing) - 9/10

Is it a popular thing for the general public to love a movie when it first come out but after a few months people start to hate it as everyone's doing it? Does the negative minority become more vocal as time passes? Between JW and AOU people seem to have become increasingly negative on the movie's mistakes since theatrical release.

I mean the movie is very obviously flawed but my opinion hasn't changed since I first saw it.

5. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

The Thing (2011)
    Even though they call it a prequel, it feels more like a reboot or another remake. And boy did it fail. The characters are stupid, unnecessary jump scares, and like a traditional slasher movie they made the female character is the last survivor. Yeah... this is the Thing in Slasher movie style but without the sex and drugs. It wasn't even scary or had the same paranoia level, and I feel bad for those who made the effects only to be replaced with cg effects.

4/10

6. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Sorry, can't let this slip by without commenting. As someone who lives in (near) Vancouver, you are totally off base. Yes, we do get rain, but the rain is the reason that our part of the world is so beautiful in the spring/summer/fall and sunny days in the winter. There's a reason why the Province is known as "Beautiful British Columbia" and that it costs more to live here than anywhere else in North America (OK, that one has other political reasons, but lets not get into that). I've traveled all over North American and have not been anywhere as beautiful as British Columbia on a warm summer day. [/rant]

Have to agree with everything in this review. The Thing ('82) is easily one of my top 3 Horror movies of all time. Also loved that they used Jim Henson's studios to create some of the awesome practical effects.

Hot Tub Time Machine 2 - 4/10

So the first one was so stupid it was funny, this one is so stupid it's kind of funny. I love Craig Robinson and his comedic deliveries are perfect. As for the rest of the movie, it was immature, offensive and over the top, but I guess that's what we signed up for.

7. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

The adrenaline just wears off. I don't like AOU as much as I did when I first watched it, it's in the worst half of Marvel movies for me now. Still think JW is a great monster movie though.

8. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

The Martian - Holy ****, what a damn good movie this was!! Everything was just great in it from the pacing, the balance between comedy and drama, the acting was top notch, and the sound was outstanding. Matt Damon was hands down phenomenal here. In fact, all of the actors did an excellent job. I won't go as far to say it is the best movie of the year so far, but it is definitely a contender for it. Everything in it seemed so plausible and realistic, which completely took me by surprise. This is what Interstellar should have been last year and what Prometheus could have been. Easily the best movie Ridley Scott has done since American Gangster. Overall, I give it a 9/10 stars.

9. SHINOBI03

The Fly (1958)
    It was weird movie and the fly wasn't as monstrous as I thought it would (plus the fly mask wasn't super impressive), and I thought it ended too quickly without it doing anything. But I guess it also made some unusual smart moves for a monster movie of its time like Andre making the smart move of locking himself up and Helene keeping his secret instead of telling others about it. The final infamous "Help Me" scene was really uncomfortable to watch as we see the fly is desperate for help and they decide to kill him without any second thoughts.

8/10

10. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jurassic World 7.5/10

I enjoyed more than the first time.

11. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Jurassic World 8/10
    Jurassic World is far from perfect, but it does work as a better direct sequel to Jurassic Park than The Lost World did. Several human characters were forgettable, the plan to weaponize the dinosaurs is almost as stupid as it was when it was a major plot idea a decade ago, and the Ty Simkins character (Grey) was pointlessly smart (in JP1, both Lex and Tim were intelligent in their own ways; Lex was good with computers and Tim had an encyclopedic knowledge of dinosaurs. Grey is conveniently smart).
    I absolutely enjoyed Owen and his raptors, Mr Masrani is one of the few corporate Jurassic characters I didn't want to see die, the park looks beautiful, the soundtrack was great, and I really enjoyed Claire.
    The main thing that caused me to take off points was the "weaponized dinosaurs" plot idea, I thought it was a stupid idea then, and I still don't like it.
    I do have to put a point on for the astounding video quality on the Blu-Ray. Seriously, it looked soooooooooo much better on my HDTV than it did on the big screen.

12. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

The Martian, probably like a 9/10. Movie was really great. Funnier than I expected. It had a very good cast and Matt Damon did an amazing job.

13. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    House of 1000 Corpses: 5/10

It's enjoyable for sure, but lacks anything truly scary. Spaulding is one of the most underrated horror movie characters though.

14. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Mad Max 10/10.

I hate bikers, biker gangs and bikes. The death of Jessie and Sprog was sickening. When the Interceptor rolls out of the garage you just know it's revenge time.

Such a great movie.

15. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Back to the Future Part II - 10/10

16. SHINOBI03

Return of the Fly

Meh movie. It wrongs what the first has done right, and for some reason it's B&W instead of in colors. Also the mask is worse than the previous one.

5/10

17. Starscream 91

News Credits:
    South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut - 10/10

This movie was genious, the second musical I can enjoy and feels like a longer episode of the TV. Just pure entertainment.

18. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

In the Mouth of Madness - This is definitely Carpenter's last good movie. It isn't as good as his top hits, but it is still a really well done movie and I love all of the homages to Lovecraft. I give it a 7/10.

19. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Steve Jobs: 8/10

I enjoyed this movie way more than someone should get enjoyment from it. I think a lot of people are just gonna find it boring as fuck, because it's all just great acting and Sorkin dialogue. And frankly that was enough to make it a great film. I didn't think it looked remarkable, I can't think of the score at all, but Fassbender was fucking magnetic as Jobs. He was on screen the entire film, and I was enamored with him every time he was.

Is it better than Social Network, which I feel is the most applicable comparison? No. Fassbender was better than anyone in the that film, but Fincher made that film beautiful and Reznor's score was fantastic. Both are great films, will gladly watch it again, but I really don't think this one is for everyone.

20. Starscream 91

News Credits:
    Childs Play - 9/10
    Seed of Chucky - 4/10