The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The plot to The Last Witch Hunter is pretty much I Frankenstein. HOLY ****!!!

2. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Steve Jobs- 9/10

The movie delivers on what it's advertised to be. Sorkin's script gives the movie constant energy and heart at times and yeah, Fassbender is fantastic as Jobs. He along with Winslet, Rogen and Daniels gave my favorite collection of performances this year. All of the "argument" scenes were fantastic. My fav was the one between Jobs and Woz.

Probably my second favorite film of the year after The Martian. Been a good year for Jeff Daniels.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

pretty much, except Vin Diesel has more gadgets then batman. or bond. but it doesn't matter, because he is still going to just use the shotgun anyways.

4. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    I plan on owning it so far...

pretty much this... they just lost it on the 4th release.
    no way around it - its a classic... and will always be a 10... fuck me, now that I seen someone post about it, I have to yet watch it again for the umpteenth time (over 100 easy)... love it.

you just made a preorder owner out of me...

hey hey, whether it be Halo, Doom, wolfenstein or any other gameing experience, they have proved shotguns are king... you sir, have solidified my owners experience.

Plus Vin + Shotgun is a no brainer. :D 

last movie we watched as a family was "iceman" with Donnie yen? WTF?!? I didn't know it was going to be a 2 or 3 part series when I purchased it, I just know Donnie Yen is the next JVD with comedy thrown in - this did not disappoint. the piss and shit (fart) scenes actually made my significant other LOL. while the story goes here and there, and back and forth via Highlander styled flashbacks, it still carries the 90 minute flick and feels like it was 2 hours worth. jeez... do I really have to wait for the next installment for a Donnie yen film to continue an enjoyable over the top action flick?

while the high-strung wire kung-fu aspects are over the top, it's appealing for the storyline alone.

easily a 7/10 as a standalone flick, but with the aspect of a continuing story of 2 or 3 movies, I'd give it a 8/10 just to see what's next.

5. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

The Fly (1986)
    (Warning: Do not eat and watch this movie at the same time. You'll lose your food if you do so)

Yeah... this movie is pretty much gross on the body horror with loads of disgusting moments that will make you lose your appetite if you think what you're seeing is real. Jeff Goldblum was incredible as Brundlefly and you can see his talent as both the nerdy scientist and the insane human fly. One issue I had with the movie that it took so long to see Brundle looking like a fly and he was in a silly looking costume that barely looks scary, but when he transforms to the Chimera from Resident Evil that's when he becomes scary.

It was a scary yet also a sad movie. But I think the ending of the original Fly movie was more disturbing.

8/10

6. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Paranormal Activity Ghost Dimension - 2/10

It's shit.

7. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The Shining - Such a great movie full of atmosphere, mood, with an excellent score and incredible cinematography. I love the shots that just follow the characters from in front or behind. Unfortunately, it isn't perfect as Wendy is about as bright as coal and Jack Nicholson's breakdown into insanity doesn't come off as natural as he feels insane right from the get go. Despite these flaws, it is a 9/10 movie as it is one of the best horror movies ever made.

8. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The Shining - Such a great movie full of atmosphere, mood, with an excellent score and incredible cinematography. I love the shots that just follow the characters from in front or behind. Unfortunately, it isn't perfect as Wendy is about as bright as coal and Jack Nicholson's breakdown into insanity doesn't come off as natural as he feels insane right from the get go. Despite these flaws, it is a 9/10 movie as it is one of the best horror movies ever made.

Skyfall - Such a beautiful movie. Easily one of the best Bond films in the entire franchise and it was nice to see them focus on plot and characters after the disappointment that was Quantum. The fight scene in Shanghai is just gorgeous to watch and the background when Skyfall has been blown up is so damn pretty. A 9/10.

9. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Monster's University- 7.5/10

Not sure why I hadn't seen this before. It's the one Pixar movie I hadn't seen. I guess I didn't find the idea of a prequel to the original to be that appealing, but after watching it on abc family I gotta say it's a pretty fun movie. It's how you do an animated prequel unlike that piece of sh#t Minions movie.

10. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    Just got Jurassic World on Blu-ray! Decided to do a marathon.

Jurassic Park - 9.5/10

The Lost World: Jurassic Park - 8/10

Jurassic Park 3 - 6/10

Jurassic World - 8.5/10

11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Directed and co-written by David Cronenberg. That's your problem right there. lol Dude's got a very odd eye for detail. All of it gross, but engrossing.

The only film of his I could actually watch was History Of Violence, which was excellent. Anything else? *gags*

The Martian 8.5/10:

If you could show power, drive and wow factor of the human spirit, it would be this film. Just watching Mark Watney's struggle to survive is awe inspiring, but seeing him thrive is stand up and cheer excellence.

I've not felt that happy and fulfilled after leaving a film in quite some time. It was excellent and stirring. Emotional and comedic. It was heartbreaking and lonely. It was so immersive and engrossing, you felt like you were there with him, you really did.

You don't know what you're capable of until you're lost and alone on an entire planet all to yourself. That's a kind of loneliness I hope no one ever has to experience. It's awful.

My only criticisms are that Donald Glover and Kristen Wiig didn't get to shine nearly as bright as they could've. Seeing them take dramatic turns in a film like this only made me want more, but they got just a small amount of screen time and both of them were still humorous to a degree.

That, and the run time. It's 2 hours, 22 minutes and it feels like 3. The pacing's off just a little bit long 'round the midsection. It builds up so much during the beginning of the film and you're so used to it being a nailbiter...and then it just out of nowhere slows down. And stays down for a bit. The build up towards the climax and the climax itself are even more nailbiting than beginning of the film. It's an odd rollercoaster of sorts, really.

You have the high peak at the beginning, followed by the fear inducing sudden drop, then it feels like it levels out and stays there for most of the ride, then finishes with one heck of a straight shot down, while you're holding on for dear life kind of rollercoaster ride.

Aside from those two complaints, the film is excellent, will inspire you and give you hope and is well worth your time.

A possible 3rd negative is that it's one of those films that once you've seen it, there's really no need to see it again. Part of the experience of this film is taking the story with all of it's twists and turns and ups and downs going into the unknown. The payoff in the end is worth the ride. Once you know all of what's going to happen, all of the thrills are gone, really.

To me, it's a one and done, but it's an excellent 2.5 hours to watch.

12. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

The Fly 2
    It was a nice follow up to the previous movie, and I liked the transformation is not another accident but a mutation in Martin's genes. But man those guys are big jerks. Not only they've pretended to love him but they also kept monitoring him but they also wanted to use his mutation for their profits in the name of science.

The final form was incredible looking and much better than the previous movie. Also the gore was a delight to watch. My favorite part was the guy who got his face melted by Martinfly's digestive juice.

BTW, did you know Gary Chalk was in it? Yes he was. He was the a$$hole security guard Scorby who kept harassing Martin and Beth, and apparently he enjoyed playing that role.

8/10

13. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    Jurassic Park 9/10

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones 3/10

14. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

The Last Witch Hunter 4/10 Terrible movie.

15. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    He loved working on that film, he especially liked the gore make up they gave him. He won't stop talking about it when you meet him XD

I've recently bought and watched "What we do in the shadows". Just get and watch it, it's really that good. 9/10

16. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Mad Max 2 The Road Warrior. - 8.9/10

Great sequel.

17. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    We went to the TCM Dracula double feature event today.

It was odd watching the Lugosi movie without the Glass score after so many years. The movie is enjoyable and Renfield is absolutely amazing in this movie, however, I'm not a fan of them combining some of his role with what should have been Jonathan's. Also, they completely forgot about Lucy being a vampire. The ending is now really the greatest either, but the moments between Van Helsing and Dracula are fantastic, especially the bit when Helsing notices Dracula has no reflection in the cigarette case. Overall, no where near my favorite of the Universal Classics, it is still a good movie. I give it a 7/10.

This was my first time seeing the Spanish version and I thought it was better in some areas but inferior in others. I just can't help myself but find Dracula down right hilarious in this version. He looks so goofy when he tries to do the stare and his grin is so damn funny. He was definitely no Lugosi. One area I did like was the further development for Eva (not sure why they didn't keep it as Mina) and they did remember to kill Lucy, albeit off screen. Thanks to the night time filming there was a lot more atmosphere at times, but that alone can not make it better. The reflection scene was lackluster and Dracula had a long delayed reaction to it, but I did like how he shattered the box. In the end, I'm going to also give this one a 7/10 because while it may not be better than the US version, it is at least on par.

18. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Goosebumps - 10/10

19. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whiplash - 10/10

Holy crap what did I just watch (and I mean that in the absolute best way possible)?! This isn't just a film, it's an experience. An intense, gut-wrenching one at that, featuring great scene after great scene. I've always maintained that JK Simmons is one of those actors who's great in EVERYTHING he's in: Schillinger in Oz, Juno's dad, Law & Order, the yellow M&M, the one and only true live-action J. Jonah Jameson...but here he completely blows the doors off all of those as the meanest SOB you will ever see. Truly a well-deserved Oscar win for best supporting actor.

And in terms of Best Picture, I believe Whiplash trumps all I've seen (so far). IMO much better than Birdman, American Sniper, and The Theory of Everything. The Imitation Game comes close, and I have yet to see Selma, The Grand Budapest Hotel, and Boyhood, but this will be very hard to top.

20. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    So starts the week of horror movies.

Event Horizon – 8/10

I first watched this movie back in 1997 in the theater, and actually didn’t care for it all that much. Only on second and third viewings years later did I develop a love of this movie. In my mind, the universe it exists in is the same universe where H.P. Lovecraft’s works exist, with the unfathomable madness of the unknown reaches of space. I also like me some Sam Neil.