The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    The Gift - 9/10
    Such an intense thriller. Jumpscares got the best of me. At the end I didn't know who to root for.

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation - 8/10
    Solid action flick. Very surprised that the plane sequence was
    only in the opening five minutes

2. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    and that... is a perfect movie review... all 3 of you are fluidly working together to sway a man like me to ignore the new FF4 movie...

Kain is absolutely right here - 4-5 minutes of a back story in the marvel Crayola-style intro would have solved everything - I, without trying to sound racist without seeing the move first, how are they making sue and joynny sister/brother without the adoption scenario? (seriously, haven't even seen intros/spoilers trying to build up to accepting this as a true marvel installment, and failing miserably)... I'm lost - silver surfer had to be better than this in everyone's eyes, right?

recent movie going back to my Scottish roots... Rob Roy, holy F^ck...

Liam out of 10 (if you know Liam, you understand the score)... if I had known this movie was this in-depth, I'd have not watched braveheart 5 times in a row back in the day... what great character development -- you really grow to hate someone in a movie, brilliant. :thumb 

3. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I agree. The Fantastic Four's origin isn't really essential to their characters and serves mainly as a way to explain their powers. They should have just skipped the origin, and I usually love origin stories.

4. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

Fantastic Four (2005) - 6.5/10

Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer (2007) - 7/10

Giant Cloud Galactus aside, these two Fantastic Four movies are starting to look a lot better in comparison to the recent film.

5. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Divergent Series: Insurgent - 6.5/10

Didn't like Divergent too much, but I thought the sequel was entertaining, mainly because it moved faster, and the VR stuff in the third act was fun.

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    That's just stupid and lazy... unless it's the intro to FF2.

7. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

In some way I think that's what they were hoping as they've been showing these two relentlessly on Showcase and Teletoon.

For my score for those two, the 1st 7.5 and the second 7

8. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

Dbz: Resurrection f 9001!!!!!!/10 :D 

9. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation - 8/10

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

the thing is, you do not need to explain their powers. not at this point, hell, it's in a movie universe FILLED with mutants. that's something they could of done. These 4 people are mutants. done. heck don't even need to go that far. Reed is a mad scientist bent on building things that might destroy the universe. his friends are there to help.

dr. doom wants to take over the world.

how is this hard? lol

i disagree. the origin story is totally unnecessary 3 movies into a movie franchise. even if you are rebooting. heck, Batman didn't need an origin story in 89. the Dark Knight can be watched completely on it's own, without the other two films.

superheroes do not need origin story movies. not at this point. just put them in a suit, say they have super powers. and done. i mean that's what they're doing with both batman and wonder woman, isn't it?

11. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    No it isn't. You don't need to spend an hour showing us how they got their powers when you can do it in 5 minutes. Do you really need to know how they got their powers? FF is supposed to be how the family works with their powers and how they are heroes because of them.

Let me guess though, you want another retelling of how Spider-Man got his powers in the Marvel Universe movies, don't you?

12. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Fantastic Four 6/10

13. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

retelling the same story over and over again, is laziness.

14. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Fantastic 4: I dunno, 4 at the most I guess.

15. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Kingsman - I was kind of worried about rewatching this since I wasn't sure if it was going to be as good as the first time, but it was. The church scene is still hands down the most fun and gorgeous scene of the movie and is probably the greatest cinematic experience to come out this year. The choreography and cinematography is exotically breath taking. It still doesn't feature the greatest character development ever, yet, it has a lot of heart and is just a well made movie over all. I think I'm going to up my score from a 7 to an 8.

16. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Fantastic 4/10

17. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened?- 8/10
    I thought it was a solid documentary. I'm a total sucker for behind the scenes kind of documentaries, and this is especially interesting because this movie was never released, and all we've had to judge by for almost twenty years was a few photos, some concept art, and stories from people such as Kevin Smith. I thought it was really neat to see a bunch of things that I had never seen before when it comes to this movie, and it made me reevaluate what I would have thought of this movie. I thought the final Superman costume actually looked pretty good, and that photo we've been scrutinizing for years was just a bad photo. Some of the concept art was really neat to look. However, I'm still not convinced that this would have been a good movie. I don't like Tim Burton's work, and he had some really weird ideas for Brainiac. While I thought Nicholas Cage's Superman looked fine, his Clark Kent look just seemed more bizarre than outright nerdy. If this ended up being an original movie with all those interesting creature designs, then it might have been good. I did like the idea of Superman having a Kryptonian teddy bear of sorts that served as a sort of Jor El figure. It almost reminded me of Big Hero 6. The best reason to watch this is for Jon Peters. I hope there is a biopic made about him because he is just one weirdly fascinating guy, and it gives you insight into what film studios were like in the 90's and still possibly now. I don't know how this hairdresser turned movie producer became so fascinated with giant spiders and polar bears, but it's crazy to think that people like this were in charge of comic book films back in the day when he didn't know who Kal-El was and claimed to understand Superman.

18. HanSolo1982

HanSolo1982 Banned

Fantastic Four (2015): 4/10 Fox keeps messing up with FF, just give up already and stick only to X-Men and Deadpool Fox, just give the rights back to Marvel.

Jury Duty: 10/10 Pauly Shore's finest comedy and one of my all time favorites since i saw it 3 times in theaters when i was in middle school. An entertaining and fun satire on the OJ trial where it has a loser who needs a job as he attends to be a juror as he gets a fancy room of his own and wants to keep the trial going so he can get free room and board but later on he changes to understand about justice. Co-stars the ever hot Tia Carrera who was one of my boyhood fantasies and Stanley Tucci, i even felt bad for Shore's character when his secret of why he and the other jurors went on and on was found out even by the one he loved, i recommend this if you want a fun enjoyable comedy.

19. Ultra saber

Ultra saber WRECK AND RULE

News Credits:
    Minority Report 8.5/10 - watched it in preparation for the upcoming Fox tv series, one of Tom Cruise's best

20. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol 9/10

High School Musical 8/10