The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

The Running Man 8/10
    Whoda thunk Arnold would ever be in a movie (loosely) based on a Stephen King novel (albeit one written under his pseudonym, Richard Bachman)? Arnie quips more one-liners here than he did in Batman and Robin, but they're clever. The TV show host was awesome.

2. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Oh, I don't, I only have Netflix streaming services. $15 was just way too much for a service we barely used.

3. Ultra saber

Ultra saber WRECK AND RULE

News Credits:
    Spy - 10/10 - Hilarious, not laughed that much in a while, Rose Byrne is excellent

Jurassic World 8/10 - Kinda boring in parts, but turned out to be a wild ride, excellent performances by particularly Bryce Dallas Howard

4. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Inadvertently had a "Korean-themed" movie weekend:

The Interview - 5/10

Without all the controversy, this would've been yet another forgettable, phoned-in comedy from the gang headed straight to the bargain bin.
    Watched Superbad last week and that still holds up, this however will not. Laughs were extremely few and far between so it doesn't work as a pure comedy, nor is it thought-provoking enough to truly make a statement, so it's stuck in no man's lands and fails at both.

Old Boy (2003) - 9/10

Holy f*ckin' sh!t what did I just watch?!?! I had to mull over this one for a while before giving a proper score.
    For anyone who hasn't seen it/knows nothing about it going in (like myself): any simple, non-spoiler synopsis doesn't begin to prepare you for what's ahead.
    While the crux of the story is completely effed up, and I currently don't have the urge to sit through it again, there's no denying this is a superbly crafted film and accomplishes what it sets out to do. From the themes, to the tone, to the way scenes are shot and choreographed, to not following standard film conventions (and more importantly succeeding at it), top-to-bottom this is truly a masterpiece.

*Could've completed the trifecta with The Host (2006), which I do own, but we'd seen it already.

5. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Ant-Man - 7/10

Another solid addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Paul Rudd did a great job of bringing comedy to the role, although Michael Pena's small role definitely had the most LOL moments. I enjoyed Michael Douglas' Hank Pym and thought his role in the movie was very appropriate. They did a great job of world-building and it was evident that a lot of concepts explored here will be used in future MCU films.

6. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Winnie the Pooh (2011)- 7/10

Short and sweet.

7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

lol i noticed.

i do both, in order to get full access to everything they have. since they barely have anything on the instant anymore. and netflix has a lot of really old, out of print dvd's too. which comes in handy a lot. and is what i mostly watch with their dvds.

8. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Shadow of a Doubt - This movie was even better the second time around and is just so damn good. Hitchcock does a phenomenal job of keeping you at the edge of your seat as to whether or not Charlie is going to kill his niece, Other Charlie (who names a girl Charlie in the real world???). There is so much build up to everything going on that the movie moves by a such a fast pace and I can definitely see what it was Hitchcock's favorite. I think I gave the movie a 7/10 the first time I saw it, but I am now upgrading that to an 8.

We used to have Netflix's disc rental service, but we found ourselves getting a movie and it would just sit there for weeks not being watched. And then they kept upping the price to the point that it got too expensive to want to continue doing that. Not to mention things get really pricey when you also pay for other streaming services and Cable TV.

Hell, if it weren't for the Marvel TV shows, we really wouldnt even have Netflix anymore since they rarely ever have a movie we want to watch. In fact, most of the time we do watch a movie on there, it is more of a "We don't know what we are in the mood to watch tonight, let's just randomly go through what Netflix has. Oh hey, I haven't seen this before/ever, let's watch it."

Since May, I have wanted to watch Jaws 2-4, The Blob remake, Terminators 3 and 4, the Mad Max Trilogy, and none of them were even available on there. Hell, I'm quite surprised the original The Fly is on there (which we plan to watch in the next week or two with the remake that my g/f bought on BD).

9. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Antman-9/10 Really funny and a fun movie, Marvel or not and it stands on its own without relying on the rest of the MCU- but makes references all the same.

10. ParaChomp

ParaChomp I am what I am

Ant-Man - 8/10

Such a good twist on the superhero formula. It was hilarious yet that was its problem too as serious moments came off as forced and the villain was weak. Highly recommended even for a casual movie goer.

11. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Beavis and Butthead do America.
    - I actually saw this film back in mid June. An interesting film to say the least. I didn't care for the part with the
    Road bikers who turn out to be B&B's Fathers
    Tom Anderson though... :lol 
    I enjoyed hearing Robert Stack in the film, so that was an added bonus. Overall, a 6.5/10. Without the spoiler above, I would have probably enjoyed the film a lot more.

Inside Out (2015)
    - I saw this film in mid to late June. This film is beyond a doubt the best film of 2015. If Pixar had to go through 4 years of decent to bad films to get to this, it was worth it. This is truly an emotional masterpiece. The main characters (The emotions, Riley, Her family) all contribute to the plot well. This film is tied with Up and Toy Story 3 as my favorite Pixar films of all time. 9.5/10. Good job Pixar :) 

12. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The Blob remake - We decided to just spend the $4 to watch it off Amazon (I hate spending money for streaming rentals since you don't get any bonus features and only have it for 24 hours) and it was... very 80s. For a remake, it wasn't bad. I liked that they did their own thing with it, but man, did they really need to up the body count four times and make it four times as gruesome? Come to think of it, it felt more like a slasher movie than a monster movie like the original was. Unfortunately, unlike the original, the characters were here just to die, which kind of sucked because the character development was quite lackluster. The effects were pretty good though but the twist about the blob's origins lowered the movie into the realms of being generic. Nevertheless, it was an entertaining movie, albeit pointless. However, there are far worse remakes out there. I give it a 7/10 stars.

13. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

lol well actually they are all on there, on the dvd section. where most of their movies are. i do not recall the prices going up? they haven't gone up for me, at least. but then again, if you are having a movie there, that is sitting there for weeks, then yes, totally not worth it.

but i get 2 to 3 movies every week.

14. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Birdman - 9/10

15. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Ant-Man
    Didn't think I'd like it because atrocious marketing. I did like it. It's a good movie. Made me laugh a lot. Villain is straight up Lex Luthor + CLU 2 so that's cool. He laughs evilly at a little goat.

howdidlexluthorputontheyellowjacketsuit/10

16. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    you should then look into the movie "The Stuff" if you haven't already seen it.

17. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

^ooh, yeah, that one was pretty good.

Deep Rising 7/10
    If this one's story had been ever-so-slightly better, I might have given this an eight. Its main issue was developing the characters. The story goes by so quickly and the body count grows so quickly, there's almost no character development (unless they happened to be played by Famke Janssen)

18. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

It Follows 10/10

Someone hold me like now.

19. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Kiss Me Deadly - What a fantastic movie this was. It had a lot of great characterization even if the main character as an Ahole. There was a lot of creativity going on with it, the cinematography was superb, the locations Mike visited were beautiful to see, it was all an incredible movie. Not to mention it is THE movie that started the box with the shiny mystery to it that has been done in several movies since, which was an unexpected pleasure. The only negatives I can really give the movie is that the pacing does come off a little slow at times. Other than that, another solid Noir film that gets an 8/10.

20. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tangled - 9/10

My second favorite of this Disney revival era. Wreck-It-Ralph is #1.