The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I can not believe you sat through even one of those things, let alone all three.

The Killers - Another fantastic Film Noir that had a lot of characterization going for it even though the secondary main character was dead. It was interesting and the twists and turns it took were unexpected at times, even though they have been copied several times since then. I give this thing either an 8 or a 9/10, not sure yet, but it was excellent from start to finish. I also look forward to checking out the 64 remake since Criterion was gracious enough to put both versions of the movie on the same disc.

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i can understand making 3. what i can't understand is making 3, with in 2 years.

3. BadGuyWins

BadGuyWins B-Movie Villain

1990: The Bronx Warriors
    6/10

Low budget action from Italian low-budget action extraordinaire director Enzo G. Castellari (who is apparently one of Quentin Tarantino's favourite directors), this movie focuses on a gangster called 'Trash' who lives in the rundown Bronx which, in the far-flung year of 1990, has been declared 'No Man's Land' and abandoned by police. Thus, the gangs have run wild and the movie essentially rips off The Warriors as Trash and his gang have to fight their way through the Bronx against all manner of bizarro gangs, until finally Fred Williamson arrives. The movie is a little slow in places, but picks up towards the end and the last ten minutes is essentially a massacre as flamethrower-armed cops go about killing everybody (including Fred Williamson, unfortunately).

Escape from the Bronx
    7/10

Whereas the first film was somewhat restrained with the action, the sequel ups the ante and so just about every few minutes someone is getting shot or blown up. Set ten years after the first movie, an evil corporation has decided to demolish the Bronx to make way for luxury high rises, and to do that they start sending in death squads armed with machine guns and flamethrowers to clean out the current inhabitants (under the guise of 'relocating them'). Oddly enough, the corporation is trying to keep this slaughter covered up, despite the fact that the death squads drive around in vans with the words 'Annihilation Squad' printed on the sides. Trash is back and the actor playing him does a slightly better job this time around. The movie, overall, is thoroughly entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YT8CLMGxK4

4. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    To Live and Die in LA - I'm honestly not sure what I think of this movie. It had a lot of style to it, but it was lacking substance. The acting was great though and the music rocked. However, the plot and character development were kind of subpar and the ending was a let down. The scenery was fantastic and it does a good job to not show the glamour of LA and instead focuses on the depraved areas within the city, but there was just something missing. I'm going to give it a 7/10 because it had some great things going for it, I'm just glad I didn't spend any money on it to see it.

5. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ant-Man, 8/10. Probably the best MCU movie in awhile, more than makes up for Age of Ultron.

6. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

The Hidden Fortress
    What better way to start a Star Wars marathon than the movie that inspired the franchise? Watching it I could see which parts that inspired which and it had a similar vibe to it but as a Japanese Period movie. Mifune is still the best actor of his era and Akira Kurosawa's directing is marvelous as ever. Seriously, if you are a diehard Star Wars fan and you haven't seen this movie yet then you are doing a disservice to yourself and you should watch it as without it then we wouldn't have Star Wars that we know and love to this day.

8/10

7. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    Ant-Man - 9/10

Loved this movie more than I thought I would!

8. Snoopy Magnus

Snoopy Magnus THE FLYING MONKEY!

trainwreck: 6/10. i was indifferent about this on the way home and the more i thought about it, the more i did not like it. i love amy and i love her comedy but it seemed like in here, she swung for the fences multi times throughout the movie and only seemed to connect a few times. when she was on, it was so on and it worked so well. when it broke, some scenes dragged on for to long and some plot points and about 10-15 min could have easily been taken out. now the good points, when it was funny, the comedy was spot on! i think this is the best cena (minus the money shot) and lebron acting in a movie i have ever seen out of these two! fantastic! and bill... oh bill, you neve cease to amaze and surprise me. i love me some bill hader.

9. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Terminator Genisys:
    I put it above Terminator 3, but below Terminator 2 and 1.

The time stuff are just baffling! You thought the Zelda timeline was complex? Don't even try to figure out the timeline of the Terminator because it'll blow your head off by just trying to connect things together.

Onto the plot, again, I liked what were they doing trying to do something new with the franchise that actually works and not a repeat job like T3 (almost like a self-parody at some points), but two things stops me from putting it high up: 1- The spoilerific trailer, and 2- the moment when Kyle goes back in time and sees
    Skynet assimilating John
    . If it weren't for those two things then we could've gotten a shocking twist of events.

Action scenes are great and loved the helicopter dogfight albeit being short, but also I felt the climaxes of T-800 and T-1000 were very rushed and from the start of the movie which cheapens the promotions of having them both like they were main baddies and including them felt like nothing more than fanservice.

The casting is a mix bag to be honest, While I did like the acting and don't question it, I felt they could at least make the characters look like their older versions. Why an Asian T-1000 when you could make one look closer to Robert Patrick? Same with Kyle Reese. Couldn't you give Jai Courtney Michael Biehn's hair style? Just to make things more connected to the original events.

Also didn't like how little Matt Smith's screen time...

But overall, this movie was an excellent installment. Not as good as the first two movies the same way as Jurassic World was to Jurassic Park, but like that series this movie makes you forget T3 and Salvation.

8/10

10. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    End of Days - 8/10

Surprisingly solid Schwarzenegger flick.

11. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Justice League: Gods and Monsters. 8.5/10
    A great look at how one's past doesn't define them, and how doing the right thing isn't always so clear when your moral compass is skewed. The internal struggles feel very real from Superman's anger to Batman's depression, and Wonder Woman's bullheadedness. It's a movie about how you don't have to be squeaky clean to still understand what it means to be a hero.

12. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The Killers Remake - Man, this was just terrible. The story was utterly boring beyond redemption and the characters were quite subpar. Everything that made the original movie excellent was wiped away here as if it was a plague upon mankind. The story focuses on the two killers, who, while they had fun moments, were pretty boring characters. In fact, outside of Marvin and Reagan, none of the actors even seemed to be trying, especially the girl, whose romance scenes felt forced and it appeared as if she was uncomfortable with her role. Not to mention her character was flat and was the type who needed to be saved rather than hold her own like Kitty did in the original. Overall, it was a pointless remake that did not need to exist and I'm glad Criterion put it on the same disc as the original because it would have been a waste of money to pay to see it. I give this inferior insult a 4/10 stars.

13. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

Ant Man (8/10)

Pretty fun movie..
    marvel just give us 2 ant mans and the wasp in one movie... while DC still cant get ray palmer right

14. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

Sharknado week viewings and ratings

Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! - 10/10

Sharknado 2: The Second One - 10/10 - Best of The Trilogy, Ian Ziering skysurfing a shark

Zombie Shark - 1/10 - (But Funny)

Mega Shark Vs Mecha Shark - 1/10

3 Headed Shark Attack - 1/10

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya - 10/10

This is a friggin masterpiece of a movie.

16. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Muppets Most Wanted 8/10

17. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Big Hero 6 - really fun movie -- loved the designs for San Fransokyo. 7/10.

18. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. I really can't give it or any TF film a rating, it's has its charm and it has its flaws but I still like it after all these years. Skids & Mudflap have even grown on me to a point. I'd guess I'd give it a 7/10.

19. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

Mega Shark Vs Kolossus - 1/10

20. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trainwreck- 6/10

Admittedly these kind of comedies aren't really my thing but being an NBA fan Lebron sold me on the movie. As it turns out he's easily the best thing in the movie. All of his scenes are really damn funny. The rest of the movie is decent and has some interesting bits but as I said, these type of comedies aren't really my thing. Also, it's about 20 minutes too long.