The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Jurassic World- 9/10
    I had just as much fun with it the third time.

Terminator Genisys- 7/10
    This one is a tough one to review. I enjoyed watching the movie, but it really wasn't that good. The first fifteen minutes are actually great, and I still wonder why we can't just have a simple future war movie like that. They should at least give us an animated series like Clone Wars for that. They can even just release it online like Justice League: Gods and Monsters and those Halo shows. The biggest problem with this movie was the story. You have to be careful when you do a reboot through time travel. It worked for X-Men because they kept the rules simple, and they played by them. This movie's story was very convoluted, and adds in so much time travel nonsense. At one point the movie practically says the laws of time don't apply to the main characters. The CGI was quite noticeable in a few places like in the fight scene between Kyle Reese and the T-800. However, the effects were fine in most places, and I liked the design of the new John Connor Terminator. Speaking of which, the trailer does give away the whole movie, and that was frustrating. The directing was fine, and they almost perfectly matched up some of the scenes from the original. The action scenes weren't memorable, but they were good. I wasn't bothered by the PG-13 rating aside from how distracting the lack of nudity was when there were shadows over the right body parts for no apparent reason. I thought the cast did a good job with what they're given. JK Simmons was fun and a bit underused. Schwarzenegger was born for this role. Emilia Clarke does a good job despite being distractingly short than Linda Hamilton. I thought Jason Clarke was the best adult John Connor so far even though he had to be the villain too. I don't think Jai Courtney deserves the hate he's been getting for this performance. He's no Michael Biehn, but I thought it was his best non-Spartacus performance. He even had the best line in the movie when he was asked what the magnetic gauntlet does, and he says that he uses it to find his keys. There were some other good comedic moments too. It's definitely better than Terminator 3 (which is the lowest this franchise could possibly get). I liked Salvation, so I would say it's about on par with that.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Ant-Man 8/10

The movie's a lot better then I've expected and it really does a nice job doing the characters especially for Hank since I was a little worried about how he'll be like in the movie but thankfully he's awesome

3. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Ex Machina 7/10
    The bulk of the film is brilliant, but I'm not quite sure about that ending.
    It's like Ava and Kyoko kill the Steve Jobs stand-in and it hits a wall story-wise.

4. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    First off, spoilers.

Second, that is pretty much the ending of the film, there wasn't a lot left story-wise anyway.

5. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yoda's species.

For some reason Lucas decided that would never be revealed.

6. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Ant Man - 10/10
    It's the best MARVEL I have seen in a long time,and I also seen the Batman v Superman and Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens Trailers before the movie begins.

7. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

Ant-Man - 10/10 - Rudd power.

8. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Ant-Man - 10/10

All the doubters out there can suck it. This movie kicks ass.

9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ant-Man 10/10:

Yes, I said it.

This was fantastic, simply put. Without a doubt, one of the BEST Marvel movies yet, perhaps number 2. (I find GOTG to be 1, it was just a wonderful film.) Ant-Man could possibly edge it out.

As for the critics saying this is better than the Avengers? They're absolutely right. This is better than both of them combined. No joke.

That's the thing about the MCU...the individual flicks are far more fun than the "let's put 'em all in one big explosion movie" experience you get out of the Avengers. That's not to say the Avengers aren't good, they're great, but movies like Ant-Man? Greater.

This was handled so well and gave me a good, solid reason to respect Paul Rudd. I knew he was funny, but he usually plays a douchebag, but this time? You can't help but fall in love with Scott Lang.

He might be a bit of a doofus in some ways, too cocky in others, too much of a pushover in a lot of ways, but when it comes down to it...he's a GOOD man. He loves his daughter, he cares that his ex-wife is happy, he wants to be on the straight and narrow and now that he's become Ant-Man, you see he wants to do good and is willing to do so.

He goes from down on his luck loser that you feel for, to unprepared hero in training (which is endearing), to Ant-Man...the bad ass he always had hidden inside of him, just waiting to come out. And when he does, Scott delivers.

I loved the balance, too. They knew it was silly and ridiculous and they poked fun at it, but they also respected it and gave it it's just due. That was one hell of a tightrope walk and they nailed it.

If you don't go see this, you're missing out on an incredible Marvel movie experience and one of the best origin stories I've ever seen. (No, I'm serious.)

And you absolutely MUST stay for the mid-credits and after credits scenes. Neither one can be missed, especially the latter of the two. It sets the stage for something awesome that's coming our way.

Do. Not. Miss. This. Movie.

10. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Ant-Man - Chuck Norris/10

11. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Revisiting the original Star Wars trilogy...

Star Wars - 9.9*
    Empire Strikes Back - ∞
    Return of the Jedi - 9.9*

*Because these were the blu-ray Special Editions (ugh!). ESB is just so damn amazing though it's untouchable status for me, regardless of the tweaks.
    Small rant regarding the SEs that I'm positive is nothing new: adding those updates is not only stupid (because of how dated those 1997 effects look now), and changed the characters (Greedo shoots first, Vader's "Nooooooes") but also a distraction. If I'm watching a film from 1977, I want the feel to remain consistent and stay in 1977. And changing the Anakin spirit to Hayden in that final shot was the ultimate kick to the nuts (Wouldn't Luke be like "Who dafuq is this guy?!!")
    And just because I never throw anything away:
    [​IMG]
    Guess I was simply happy at the time to get SWs in theatres again.

BONUS: Can you believe up until now, my wife's never seen any of the Star Wars films? Mrs. Janitor's ratings:
    Star Wars - 8
    Empire Strikes Back - 8.5
    Return of the Jedi - 8.5

She felt they were "very good" but not "great" status smh. But with The Force Awakens arriving in December, she's now officially hyped and finally on the bandwagon!

12. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    Another Marvel Movie, another dollar.

Ant-Man- 9.5 / 10

Yes, loved it. I'll be posting a thought dump on the Ant-Man thread.
    Next, this wasn't a movie I watched, but my younger bro did because of desparation. Before I begin, I want to explain smth.

The release of Pixar Movies in SG has been strangely in limbo recently; the 2 Planes movies didn't come out in theatres here. It was looking that their latest film, Inside Out was going to be skipped as well, given how June passed by without any word of a release date. Not to mention, Minions got released a full month here before the rest of the world, adding to my suspicion.

However, before the screening of Ant-Man in my viewing of it, there was a neat section of the Emotions from Inside Out going over the rules, the dos and don'ts of any cinema. Quite cute and creative. It ended by finally telling me the release date for Inside Out here...

August 27.

Yep. Uh huh. Sureeee.

Yep, pretty unhappy abt that. My Bro in particular was pissed that the rest of the world had gotten it 2 months earlier.

After Ant-Man (which I will reiterate, 9.5/10 people) , my bro had my mum download (
    Hint: pirate
    ) Inside Out from some site online (He's not exactly patient). So while I decided to wait until August, he watched a crappy low rate version of Inside Out online. The entire movie. And wanted me to tell you his rating.
    So...

Inside Out(poor ass quality illegally pirated ver.) - 9/10

Says a lot how even with such terribad resolution he could still enjoy it. Now the long wait until August 27 begins for me...

I'll have to endure many spoiler alerts too.

And I'm apparently the only one in my family who's even a bit concerned by possibly not-good-for-the-movie-industry downloading of movies still in theatres elsewhere online.

13. Ultra saber

Ultra saber WRECK AND RULE

News Credits:
    Ant-Man, 9.5/10, nearly perfect, what it lacked in the spectacle of Age of Ultron, it makes up for in likeable characters and story

14. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Ant-Man - 7.5/10

Way, way, way better than I thought it would be, but for as enjoyable as it was, it's still not something I think needs to be stretched out into a trilogy like Iron Man, Cap or Thor. It's sets up the main character exactly as much as it needs to, and everything beyond that surrounding Hank Pym, Wasp, etc. can easily be handled an expanded upon throughout other MCU movies. Specifically, I really hope to see more of Michael Douglas in other installments.

15. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So many 10/10 for Ant Man. So, it's one of the best movies of all time huh? I guess I'll have to see it now

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Ant-Man - 9/10

Dear Marvel.

YOU THE ANT!

- Me.

17. strangeguy32000

Maggie 4/10
    This movie could not hold my attention. The only reason I gave it any points was Schwarzenegger's acting and the production values. This movie was so boring, I went to the store after batteries with it playing, and did not feel like I missed all that much. In terms of unrecommendable Arnie movies, I'd say this one beats End of Days by a country mile.

18. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

so you just reviewed a movie, that you missed most of? it's only 95 minutes.

19. strangeguy32000

My opinion; when a movie is so boring that I can be apathetic about leaving and missing a sizeable portion of it, that it fails to get and hold my attention, it doesn't deserve a proper review.

20. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 8/10