The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Sky Ray

Sky Ray Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Avengers Age of Ultron - 8/10

Pretty enjoyable sequel but I feel there are certain key elements to the story that detracts it from being better or excellent. For one, I like how the story is slightly darker and the comedic elements felt more balanced. I definitely love how Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Ultron, and Vision are introduced to the story and all turned out to be really compelling and exciting characters to watch even through I don't like some of the changes from their original comic origins. I also like how the "sidekicks", Rhodey and Falcon, get to appear in action again with the "main guys", Rhodey the most since I felt he was copped out of War Machine action in Iron Man 3.
    The key elements that weighs down this sequel from being better is the generic-ness of the final battle with Ultron (replace Chitauri forces from The Avengers with Ultron model #1-1,000,000), the Black Widow and Hulk romance (I felt it was unnecessary), Quicksilver's fate (Nooooo!!!), Hawkeye's real life (its a nice touch to the story but I don't care for this change), and the lack of an after credit scene (I feel it was a wasted opportunity to set up Captain America Civil War IMHO)
    Overall its a solidly entertaining new story with new characters that draws you in pretty well but it has a number of flaws that weigh it down from being better then the first Avengers IMO.

I feel 08th MS Team and Gundam SEED's compilation movies were pretty good, granted 08th MS Team only condensed four episodes while SEED movies benefitted from chopping off 80% of the garbage from the TV series.
    I agree with you on Operation Odessa being cut through, that was the high point of the series mid-way through and should've been kept.

Ouch, so the SEED Destiny compilation movies sucked? I did imagine they could've done better since they had four films they could make more time with.

Hah Tomino actually tried to compress 50 episodes into only two compilation movies which is crazy considering most Gundam compilation movies usually go three films. Anyways I finished the second Turn A Gundam compilation film, I'll review that later.

2. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

Hulk - 6/10

I actually liked this hulk better than the Avengers movie Hulk. But the musical score wasn't good and the camera work was really getting on my nerves.

3. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior - 8/10

Watched this movie to hype myself for the new film on Friday. I was a little distracted due to having my phone and laptop out while it was playing, plus I think someone messed up the audio in my copy (music and sound effects were extremely loud while dialogue was at a whisper level. Can't hear shit when the wind is as loud as an engine), but it held up despite the 20-30 years since its release.

4. Priest of Salem

Priest of Salem Well-Known Member

Fury Road 9/10. I only take off 1 point because of the lack of resemblance to the originals.Besides that it is the perfect action movie.

5. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

Pitch perfect 9/10

6. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

Ex Machina (2015) 10/10. This movie really was well done. Very good Sci-Fi.

The Baby (1973) 6/10. At times goofy, and a bit unbelievable. But, I think the story is pretty disturbing and a interesting. I like the ending as well.

Guns for San Sebastian (1968) 8/10. French - Italian Western. If you like Italian westerns, I suggest you check it out. Stars Anthony Quinn and Charles Bronson, two of the greats.

7. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

Mad Max: Fury Road - 10/10 - Wow! What a film!

After James Wan knocked it out of the park with Furious 7, what better than to have George Miller come along with Mad Max: Fury Road and actually top it. And both films helmed by Australian directors.

Indeed it is a good time to be into high octane car films.

Summer season is shaping up nicely this year.

Mad Max: Fury Road is up there with the first two movies.

Only gripe is that Tom Hardy is such a thoroughly overrated actor. It would have been ace to have Mel Gibson back in this, instead of Expendables 3.

But don't let the hype spoil it for you. Just go in and expect to enjoy it.

8. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I just don't get how Tom Hardy is Max when he looks younger than Max did in the third movie.

9. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

The director George Miller said each sequel takes place at an indeterminate time as he sees the character as a mythic hero that helps others. Outside of the first film, there isn't really a timeline of events. Fury Road could happen before Thunderdome for all we know.

10. DarkEnergon22

It takes place afterwards.

The continuity is very loose by George Miller's choice. Not everything is tightly knit like Marvel movies.

Some people still claim Evil Dead II to be a remake, because they won't accept continuity differences. It's a sequel though, that's why it's called Evil Dead II, as in the second movie.

Mad Max: Fury Road is the fourth movie in the series.

11. Snoopy Magnus

Snoopy Magnus THE FLYING MONKEY!

hot pursuit- 2/10, even the ever so sexy sofia and the very under rated and complete bad ass john carroll lynch could not save this one. one of those flicks where all the good parts were on the previews.

speaking of all of the good parts were on the previews, dumb and dumber to, 3/10. damn, i really wanted this one to work. i knew that there was no way, shape or form this would have out done the first, a fine comedy gem of our time (in the context of a movie called dumb and dumber), but still, it did not even come close. despite all of its fun moments and lines, as soon as they would do a close up on jim and jeff, it really made this movie seem like it was too aging comics that desperately needed to make a home run movie, or hell, even a good movie, to allow both of them to be on the radar again. so dissapointed here.

12. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Disney's Holes - 8/10

21 Jump Street - 8/10

22 Jump Street - 10/10

Completely lost it with laughter when the Captain (Ice Cube) found out Schmidt slept with his daughter, and there high five about it before :lol 

13. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You know, if you cut off the first bits of the second movie up until Ash is in the puddle, it could work as one movie because the only thing that changes are his shoes.

14. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I read that, I was like "Wait, what?! James Wan is Chinese!"

Then I checked and saw that while born in Malaysia, he was raised in Australia, so I thought "Nevermind, you win." :lol 

Learn something new everyday. :) 

15. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

Help! I'm a fish (Danish dub) - 8/10
    Help! I'm a fish (English dub) - 8/10

16. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Ghost in the Shell - 6.5/10

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence: 7/10

17. DarkEnergon22

Yeah I know, it's just a recap.

18. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Mad Max Fury Road: 10/10

Sweet Jesus what a movie.

19. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Mad Max- 8/10
    It's a solid revenge film.The stunts are pretty impressive considering how low the budget of this movie was. In a lot of ways, this one really doesn't hold up. However, it still has a lot of great, iconic moments.

Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior- 9.25/10
    This movie is great. It's definitely more of a western, and it works even if you have never seen the first one. There are a ton of memorable side characters that are played quite well, and Mel Gibson does a fine job playing Max even though he doesn't have a lot of lines. The action scenes in this movie hold up really well due to all the practical effects and stunt work. The final chase feels very gritty and dangerous because of it, and the fact that Max is a vulnerable hero and does get injured. I'm curious to see what George Miller does with more resources to top this in Fury Road.

Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome- 6/10
    It's not the worst third movie in a franchise I've ever seen, but it is definitely a disappointment. The actual Thunderdome parts are pretty good, but I just never got invested in the storyline with the kids. I also don't like that the Interceptor doesn't make an appearance in this film even though it was destroyed in the previous movie because none of the other vehicles topped it in terms of coolness. This movie also makes the curious choice to use Bruce Spence again in a similar role to the last movie that isn't the same character. It probably wouldn't have bugged me if he looked more different like the villain in Fury Road (I just found out the other day that he is played by the same actor who was one of the villains from the first movie). It doesn't help that this was rated PG-13 instead of R.

20. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'll be seeing Twisted Metal The Movie tomorrow night, but I just can't see how it is worthy of its 99% on RT. How can they rate something that is supposed to be one long action sequence with no character development higher than something that had a mix of action, plot, and character development like Avengers 2? That just doesn't make sense to me.