The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Avengers: Age of Ultron
    A worthy sequel to the first Avengers movie. Loved all the characterizations and foreshadowing moments and the action scenes are better than before. Ultron was... not how imagined him. I thought he is going to be this cold and calculating Megatron kind of villain but he ended up the one saying the most funniest lines and reactions in the entire movie! That took down the seriousness level a bit down for me.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were awesome as well in their portrayal and it did
    disappoint me that Quicksilver died instead of becoming an official avenger like his sister. Oh, and the new line-up? Excellent.

8.5/10

2. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Escape from New York - Amazing movie and Shout's new BD is phenomenal. It looks absolutely fantastic and I can never watch the movie on anything lesser again. I give it a 9/10.

3. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Not Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory) - 9/10. Still think this is a fantastic film in every way.

4. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I really don't think this one deserves the hate it gets. Sure, it isn't as good as the original, but it isn't meant to be. It is meant to be a closer adaptation of the book and does it justice. Not to mention Elfman's score is phenomenal. The only problem with it is that it features all of the Burton tropes and because it isn't as good a the original, it is kind of pointless, but harmless. The original still exists for those that want to watch a bastardized, but lovable version of the story.

5. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya - 10/10

6. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Book of Life
    7/10

Amazing art and animation direction to the culture of Mexico. The voice cast was good and it allows to learn what is so special about the Day of Remembrance. My biggest problem would have to be its potrayal of some its characters.

7. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

Avengers: Age of Ultron - 9/10
    All and all, absolutely fantastic.
    The only things that keep it from being a 10/10 are spoilers.

8. FoC Grimlock

FoC Grimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maggie - 5.5/10 - This movie has been talked about for quite a while in the Indie film circuit. Arnold Schwarzenegger plays a father who has just picked up his daughter who was bitten by a zombie. It focuses entirely on the daughter and father as she goes through a slow change into a zombie. The zombies are treated as people we know and it adds some weight to the situation but the film is slow as Christmas and just a couple of more tense situations could have picked it up. It's The Crazies on a hella small scale and no action.

9. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The Spy Who Loved Me - A little too silly at times but this is one of Moore's best movies with some truly great set pieces. I love nearly everything that is done in Cairo, especially the folklore bit. I give it a 7/10.

Mad Max - I have no idea what the big deal of this movie is about. Sure, it is a harmless movie and it had some really great moments to it. It wasn't bad or anything, but I just don't see why people praise it. It didn't even feel remotely post apocalyptic. The characters seemed to mumble more than speak and it didn't really seem to go anywhere. I'm glad I finally saw it, but I just don't see how it goes from this to what has been shown in the trailers of the new one. Granted, there are two more movies, so maybe some big nuclear bomb goes off in one of those, but for what this was, it was average. I give it a 6/10. Like I said, nothing spectacular, but nothing terrible either.

10. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Avengers: Age of Ultron - 8/10

This was a pretty good Robit sequel all things considered. One of these days, Robits are gonna take over the earth in the likeness of a 8 foot tall James Spader.

Plus the action was just nuts.

11. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Maggie: 6.5/10. It was... different?

12. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Avengers: Age of Ultron- 8.5/10

Movie was so nice, I had to see it twice. This time in IMAX 3D and once again I had a blast watching this movie. The original Avengers was better when it came to story and narrative but this movie tops it when it comes to the characters.

13. BadGuyWins

BadGuyWins B-Movie Villain

It's not 'post-apocalyptic'. It's set during a time when society is in decay, as evidenced by the lawless highways and the fact that the police headquarters is located in one of the most rundown buildings imaginable. It's not the end of the world, it's at least close to it. Whatever war renders the world a wasteland by the time of the sequel is either in progress during the events of the first movie, or is close to beginning.

The movie is usually praised for its action (especially given what was achieved on a low budget) and the soundtrack score also gets a fair amount of praise as well.

I think the new one is likely going to be a reboot, so whatever you see in the original three might have only slight connections to what's in the new one (the wasteland in the new one, judging from the trailers, is considerably more barren than what's in the original three films).

14. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

The sequel, Road Warrior, is the one everyone goes nuts over and basically defined post-apocalyptic.

15. Sky Ray

Sky Ray Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Captain America The Winter Soldier - 9/10

I thoroughly enjoyed The First Avenger and The Winter Soldier does not disappoint and is even an excellent sequel!
    It was really interesting to see Steve integrate to the modern times and struggle with the many changes that have occurred compared to how he view things. The most heartbreaking moment was watching Steve finally reunite with Peggy Carter again, that was really sad to see. I also really loved the dynamic relationship he had with Black Widow, it was a rather unique pairing and their interactions were the most enjoyable to watch. The next major hightlight were the action scenes, they were intense and brutal as the choreography for all the battles were pretty gripping to watch. This film is awesome all the way through!

16. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's more of a dystopian, "Beginning of the end" style situation, rather than post apocalyptic. Seeing civilization on its last legs before it all goes to hell.

I think for the budget that George Miller had (350-400K), he did a very good job in portraying that. Along with the dangerous stunts, especially for a low budget production, I can see where the praise comes from.

Of course, The Road Warrior, like others have said, is where the fun really starts. Now THAT is a post-apocalyptic film.

17. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't disagree with that.

18. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

It was so low budget that they paid half the cast in beer.

The Road Warrior is the great one as it becomes more of western. It's one of my favorite movies even though some parts don't hold up that well. The final chase is still great though.

19. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Disney's Tarzan- 10/10
    This, I feel, is Disney at the top of their game. Great animation, great pacing, voice work, all of it. The only thing I wasn't a big fan of was Terk's voice, but even that's a minor complaint as Terk wasn't in the movie that much.

20. Sky Ray

Sky Ray Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Turn A Gundam I Earth Light - 6/10

The major problem with Turn A Gundam I Earth Light is that it jams 27 episodes into a feature length film making the story a bit of a mess. The first half is really rough, as a lot of clips are thrown in and shown disjointedly and some key storylines are cut off. The major one being the story between Dianna and Will Game as that story explains why Dianna wanted the Moonrace to return back to Earth. The second half is slightly more smoother as its not jumping all over the place with some stories combined and also there are some new extended scenes that are pretty cool, like lengthy battles such as the Militia defending the Will Game's takeoff which was really gripping to watch.
    Overall I felt this compilation movie was too rushed as it tries to compress everything, but I really enjoyed the Turn A Gundam series personally and see this compilation as more of a companion piece to the TV series.