The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

The Babadook
    Heard tons of praise, it's just a typical possession movie. Good build up, but lame payoff.
    The Babadook is just a dude in make up, sounds like a Jurassic Park dinosaur, and becomes a pet dog at the end.

2. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Furious Seven - 10/10
    Completely forgot Tony Jaa was in this film. "Too slow!"

Avengers: Age of Ultron - 9.9/10 only due to seeing this immediately after F7 and in 3D.

3. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I preferred DoS to this one, purely because of Smaug himself. He was magnifcently realised. I'd actually completely forgotten about all the horrible filler fluff from DoS until I watched this one and was like, oh yeah, and that happened as well. Ranking them I'd say An Unexpected journey was the best and they got worse as they went on, and none of them are as good as even Return of the King which imo was the weakest of the originals.

4. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Yeah, I agree that An Unexpected Journey was the best of the 3 -- sad that the others couldn't hold up.

I think that Smaug should have died at the end of DoS, instead of dragging that into the next movie, but I guess I get why they went that way.

5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I thought Smaug was the best because well, it had an awesome dragon with an awesome voice.

Nevertheless, there was no reason for there to be three movies, especially when the last 10 minutes to the second movie for forced into the third one.

6. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

Dbz: broly second coming 4/10 basically just an hour long fight scene, and not even a fun one to watch, i will never understand the following broly has

7. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't get it at all, I thought it was a ridiculous move to be honest, because anyone who's read the book knows that he's going to burn Laketown down and then get killed, and it's going to happen right at the start because there's so much to fit in afterwards, and anyone who hasn't read the book will be disappointed that the awesome dragon gets murdered straight away and the rest of the film is one big fight. Which is exactly what happened with my wife, she was well annoyed that he died so soon. The should have ended DoS with the death of Smaug and then been able to focus on the aftermath straight away and had a better build up into the march on the mountain.

I keep having flashbacks of the conversation between Thorin and Bard through the hole in the wall. I think it might be one of the most ridiculous things ever committed to film.

8. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I might get some hate for this but Starwars Prequels > Hobbit trilogy.

9. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's a big deal because it ruins the flow of the narrative. It isn't the fact that he does, it is how it flows together. It just feels tacked on and takes away from the focus of the movie.

10. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

I actually like more Star Wars Prequels (2) than I do Hobbit Films (1).

However, The Hobbit film I like (Desolation of Smaug) I rate higher (8/10) than the prequels I like (Attack of The Clones 6.5/10, Revenge of The Sith 7/10)

11. BadGuyWins

BadGuyWins B-Movie Villain

Oh, I don't know. Interestingly, I hadn't seen any of the Star Wars prequels for several years until 2012 (as before that, I'd last watched Episode 3 when it was on at the cinema in 2005). So by that time, I'd become well aware of all the criticisms leveled against the movies and I'd even watched the "Plinkett reviews". Yet, I sat down and watched all 6 movies on the Blu-Ray set in 2012 and despite all the gaping flaws in the trilogy, I enjoyed them nonetheless.

However, I probably would not rate them higher than the Hobbit trilogy. The acting and dialogue in the Star Wars prequels is often laughably bad, whereas the acting all throughout the Hobbit trilogy is very good (with only Martin Freeman giving a fairly average performance). The direction is better as well, even with the over-saturation of CGI present in both trilogies. The only gaping flaw with the Hobbit is the bloat, padding a light-hearted children's book into three 2.5 hour (or longer) movies.

If I were to score the films:
    The Phantom Menace 6/10
    Attack of the Clones 6.5/10
    Revenge of the Sith 7/10

An Unexpected Journey 7/10
    The Desolation of Smaug 7.5/10
    The Battle of the Five Armies 7/10

12. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Dragon Ball Z: Cooler's Revenge - 10/10 All in the name of Awesome. Cooler's such a great Movie Villain before Beerus.

Dragon Ball Z: Return of Cooler - 6/10 In the words of KaiserNeko of TFS, "**** This Movie."

13. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Montage of Heck - 5/10

Nice little documentary about Kurt Cobain from HBO, but should have had way more interviews with way more people (no Dave Grohl, wtf), spent way less time on random recorded ramblings and home video footage of nothing, put some - ANY - focus on his death (there was zero), and really pumped the breaks on what felt too much like some university art student trying to be 'deep' and 'meta' with the editing. Very letdown by it.

14. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Avengers: Age of Ultron : 10/10

It's a was very epic,and like
    the new line-up of War Machine,Falcon,Scarlet Witch & Vision along with Cap and Black Widow.

15. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cinderella III: A Twist in Time- 8.5/10

Been in a Disney mood lately which led to watching this again. For a direct-to-dvd feature, this is a damn good movie. Much better than the original, largely due to the vastly better character development for all the characters.

16. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Watched all three Mad Max movies today. Seen the first two before, but never Beyond Thunderdome, so that was interesting.

Mad Max - 7.5/10
    Mad Max 2 (The Road Warrior) - 10/10
    Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome - 5.5/10

17. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Avengers: Age of Ultron (2nd viewing): 10/10

My kids were with me, it was especially moving to see my 4-year-old son finally see his heroes on the big screen. He was amazed from beginning to end. My daughter (she's 6) liked Scarlett Witch the best.

18. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

Godzilla (2014) - 5/10

19. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

The Book of Life, 7/10.
    It was a genuinely fun movie, though I'm not sure what else to say about it.

I also watched a little bit of home, but I honestly don't know what to think since I didn't watch the whole thing.

20. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Witness - 10/10

Much better. I needed something to get rid of Return of Cooler. Welp, time to get reggie for a certain Robit Movie tomorrow.