The last movie you saw and what you would rate it out of 10.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Jun 19, 2009.

1. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    GI Joe 2. Channing Tatum has godawful acting skills in this and the CGI is laughably bad. I give this a 4/10

2. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Avengers: Age of Ultron 10/10

Not spoiling anything, but it was amazing! Absolutely loved it! It didn't feel as strong as the first Avengers movie, but it was still great.

3. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Tmnt - 7/10.

4. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Um... Captain American is a super hero, so that makes this a super hero movie. This is Marvel's The Dark Knight.

5. Sky Ray

Sky Ray Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Captain America The First Avenger - 9/10

CA TFA has a uniquely dynamic story; on one side it's a superhero story, on the other its an EPIC WWII film (me being a huge fan of watching WWII movies all the time, this is definitely up there with WWII classics IMHO), and on the far side it's even a musical too, and it does really exceptionally well in combining elements. The action is well choreographed and stylishly cool to watch. The humor is outstanding, there were many LOL moments with many one liners in this film, my favorite being Bucky asking Steve what happen to him, and he replied "I joined the Army." :lol  Honorable mention to Colonel Philips, he was a real riot to watch every time he talked.
    Steve Rogers is probably the most relatable superhero character of all time; being an ordinary person wanting to do more for the greater good and willing to sacrifice himself to protect everyone he loves, he's the most altruistic person there is. The actor Chris Evans deserves shout out praise for transitioning from his previous role as the reckless hot-headed Human Torch from the Fantastic Four films. I could not have at all imagined him playing Captain America nor would I have picked him after his previous Marvel role, but he pulled off and became endearing.
    Peggy Carter is the best heroine ever, as she stands up to prejudice and kicks ass, and her romance with Steve was so heartwarming and bittersweet too. Red Skull was the perfect embodiment of ultra evil as he's so sinisterly methodical in his plans that he will punish his lackeys for blundering. The rest of the characters are equally awesome, from Bucky to Howard Stark, each character has their charm.
    A minor detractment from the film is the German accents, Dr. Erskine and some Nazi officers slip up occasionally.
    Overall its an amazingly fantastic film! In the MCU I would rank it right next to Iron Man (1).

6. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    You just quoted verbatim what I've been saying about Winter Soldier since it came out, right down to "this is Marvel's The Dark Knight". :)  But I'll go so far as to say that (I think) Winter Soldier even eclipses The Dark Knight. Best political action thriller that happens to have a superhero in it that I've ever seen... which is why I cannot wait to see Civil War.

7. Niv3k

Niv3k 'Fe Li Na'

News Credits:
    Avengers: Age of Ultron - :rock /10

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

haha no no i mean, a non-traditional superhero movie.

9. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    Penguins of Madagascar 8/10

I liked it way better than the other Madagascar movies and thought it was really cute even though I had to convince a friend that Benedict Cumberbatch was in the film.

10. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

the green mile 10/10

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Juno - 9/10

I really enjoyed this movie. I loved the fast pace witty lines, regardless of what you think of them. Ellen Page and Michael Cera were perfect here, and the supporting cast is just as great.

12. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    No, this is how you do a super hero movie because it balances the comedy and drama, the action and character development, etc.

13. Ultra saber

Ultra saber WRECK AND RULE

News Credits:
    Avengers: Age of Ultron 9.5/10, VISION !!!!!!!!

14. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Notebook 6.5/10

Watched it for the first time with my girlfriend last night. Not as bad as I thought it was gonna be

15. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Batman Vs Robin 5

16. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

it also doesn't really have a big terrible bad costume villain at the end. and would also double as a political thriller.

it'd fit right in with a Tom Clancy movie. at least in my opinion.

17. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Marvel's The Avengers - 9.5/10

In the context of watching all the phase 1s recently, this movie was even more awesome. It's just so entertaining all the way through and the characters were so well done. For that I gave it an extra .5 from my customary 9/10 for this movie. I'm so ready for Ultron but still 4 movies to go.

My only major complaint was Cap's suit. Seriously, wtf? He looks like he's on the way to a kids birthday party.

18. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
  19. BadGuyWins

BadGuyWins B-Movie Villain

Avengers: Age of Ultron
    7/10

Better than most of the Marvel entries so far, but not without flaws. For one, it felt as if chunks of the movie were missing in places (this ties into my later point). I understand that the rough cut was close to 3 hours in length, so that may be why. Also, Ultron's decision to destroy humanity had virtually no build up to it. I don't think I'm spoiling much by saying that he's switched on and minutes later he's already plotting evil. Nonetheless, James Spader's performance as the AI was a highlight.

Some of the humour is cringe-inducing, something I have come to expect from Joss Whedon. Then again, a lot of people in the theatre were laughing that shit up, so maybe I'm just jaded. Some of the later action sequences reminded me of something Michael Bay would make, just without the flash and glam (not that many people would make such a horrible, horrible claim).

20. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Better than most but you give it a 7? What are your scores for the other movies then?