The last half hour was utterly pointless. (Spoilers obviously)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by CodeXCDM, Jun 28, 2014.

1. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really... The Dinobots... the whole series of frantic fights when trying to get out out of the city... Optional. Filler.

There were THREE Autobots that could fly the Seed out. Drift just randomly sports a helicopter mode that was used a few times early on, but not at all towards the end when it could have been really useful. Strafe, when recruited, could've swooped up the Seed and flown off anywhere Prime told him to take it.

Then lastly there's Prime. He apparently gained flight... from picking up the Sword/Shield? At that point then, he could've ignored the Dinobots... jetted into the fight, grabbed the Seed, and taken it to space... ie, the *exact* thing he does at the very end of the movie...

2. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

They had to something to lure us into the theater. The bastards.

3. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

Maybe I'm dense, but what was the whole "hold the line on the bridge!" all about? I didn't get it....

4. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    You sooo aren't alone on this.

5. TheYearIs2005

TheYearIs2005 Well-Known Member

We stand with you on that. Let's hold our own line on this why they holded a line for no reason.

I'm sorry but with that weight of the Dinobots wouldn't the bridge collapse.

6. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I noticed that on the second viewing and wondered "What were they holding the line for?"

Only two things came to mind. They were preventing dumb citizens from heading towards that little facility (and possibly causing even more collateral damage), or that they were holding back any leftover bad Transformers at bay until Prime killed Lockdown and acquired the Seed.

Seemed then some of the bad Transformers got through the line, but at that point, Optimus got the Seed, and was able to finish them off.

It's only my best guess, but it would have been nice to see them fight off any threats to make that bit get more clarification. In its current form, they just seemed to stand there as more interesting things were happening not too far away :lol .

7. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They had to liberate an entire city overrun by Decipticons. The Dinobots gave them the opportunity with help to take them on.

8. Galvatron Rage

Speaking of the Seed.

Why would Lockdown even give it to the humans? The deal was: Optimus Prime in exchange for the Seed.

But Lockdown himself captured Optimus! He then had zero obligation to give the humans the Seed. Again - I don't get it, lol.

9. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I really wouldn't be surprised if the whole dinosaur angle was originally meant as a sequel hook: KSI looks for more "transformium" without melting down anyone, and finds the motherload at... the K-T Boundary! And then also uncover... mechanical dinosaurs! DUN DUN DUN!! *rollcredits*

The Dinobots really do feel shoehorned in, so much so they feel like they were there just to really grab people's attention.

10. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I guess they helped by using Galvatron to weaken Prime, though Galvatron was Galvatron, he wasn't in human control at that time.

11. Ring3r

Ring3r 5.0

It made sense to me. Galvatron's forces on the ground were tearing up the city, and keeping the Autobots generally pinned down.

You also had Lockdown's forces controlling the skies, they had a ton of those ships in the air and we saw exactly what happened to the Autobots when they tried to get airborne...bumblebee couldn't outfly them and more just kept coming in the ships.

They had to get that bomb out of the city...if they tried to take the air they'd just have been shot down. The Dinobots were able to force an exit and then hold the bridge so no more of Galvatron's troops could follow, while the Autobots still had to stick to the ground because Lockdown had a giant freaking spaceship PLUS his own personal shuttle.

12. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well in a non-cynical look at things, they were eventually going to bring in the Dinobots in the trilogy, and I am guessing they will play another role in the next movies. It may also get the audience ready for a bigger dinosaur like Trypticon (which is likely if the movies are going to stand toe to toe with Godzilla and Pacific Rim).

13. Ring3r

Ring3r 5.0

Lockdown obviously knew the humans were basically going to destroy themselves with that technology and probably took a sick sense of pleasure in giving them the means.

You have to remember what those seeds were invented for....the creators (Quints, almost for sure) made them to convert organic material into the special metal used to make Transformers. Lockdown was paying for easier access and help capturing Prime using a weapon who's sole purpose was to destroy the very creatures he was giving it to. He was even chuckling about it when he handed it over.

14. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Keep in mind... Bay *hated* the idea of the Dinobots back in 2009.

You can thank High Moon (sadly now defunct) for saving them from Extinction. Hasbro didn't even care for them nigh two years ago... but the game's success convinced them to keep them around... and then shoved into TF4 even. (Their minor role really shows this, methinks.)

No, they weren't. See the second link. Hasbro didn't even find a place for them in the Aligned Continuity whatsoever until HMS found one... and again, Bay hated it.

15. Galvatron Rage

Ahhh, good point. Excellent point, in fact.

Give them the rope to hang themselves!

16. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

I wouldn't have mind 2minutes of a group of vehicons absolutely getting stopped in their Trax as the Dinobots smash them in their robot forms, tha's all they needed to do.

17. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    I still can't believe that Prime can fly, he could have flew down when he got sucked into the Knightship's vortex

18. matrix:silent

matrix:silent Active Member

My thoughts exactly. I had expectations going in but.... Really?

19. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    Most likely because Lockdown planned to come back with the The Creators and get to mining... having the humans do it FOR him just makes life easier for him.

20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Yeah, get the seed out of the city and into the hills... only to have Optimus hold it next to the city before he takes off like Iron Man.