The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Devastator Zero

Devastator Zero Smirker!

Decent price, might be a bit lower than the one I can find on eBay after shipping. I'd still hope for it to be cheaper, though.

I've only see a few go for close to 200, most are a bit over once you figure in shipping. Still, I'd want the KO to be 150 (shipped) tops. I'm fairly sure I'll just never end up with a MT Giant :D 

2. OmegaSupreme235

OmegaSupreme235 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Is uncle bully the only place to get the simple combiner hands and feet? I don't mind ordering from him but 16.00 to ship two sets is kinda rediculous if you ask me. Plus he won't combine shipping.

3. robh

robh Decepticon

I just sold one for 200 including shipping ;) 

4. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    Hey, 40 bucks is 40 bucks.

But more to the point, the KO brought the "real" Giant price down.

Plus, it's 160 for new vs. 200 for used.

5. Optimus.Magnus

Optimus.Magnus Swingin' the chain

I suppose one could argue that about any online purchase, but the site does go to the trouble of breaking down shipping for each respective item, both on the item's listing page and in the checkout.

Anyway, that does pretty much remove any incentive to buy multiple things at once. Thanks for the info.

6. cobrala76

cobrala76 Well-Known Member

I just bought a set of black ones off ebay for $25 with free shipping. Seller also had purple, white, and grey.

7. donfatty

donfatty Member

Is the gear/gun post the same width as the original?

8. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    I ordered both sets yesterday. They look like great fun. I dig that they are toys and not trying to be pretentious shelf bait.
    The gestalt modes look shit and don't come with hands etc, but the bot and beast modes look really cool.

Also ordered the CW aerialbot ko's for spare limbs for my 5 CW gestalts to mix and match, and picked up robo savior lavi leader class, which looks awesome. Can't beat a good lion-bot.

It takes like 4-6 weeks for my sirtoys orders to get to OZ, so someone will likely post reviews etc. (Fight the beast toys).

But if nobody has by the time over them I'll post some pics hee and maybe a YouTube video review, I have a reasonable video camera, but nothing fancy, and just my crappy IKEA PC desk to shoot them on.

9. batfan007

News Credits:
    Uncle bully? Is that Uncle Billy's mean step cousin?

10. batfan007

News Credits:
    Yep, I'm interested, I love weird toys and odd cheap 3rd party stuff.
    Thanks for posting.

11. batfan007

News Credits:
    Both moulds of ko Hercules are great fun. I have the yellow devastator looking one, and the orange version of the other mould with the different head. The orange one is my favourite as actual construction / road works vehicles tend to be orange or yellow rather than green. The 2nd mould with the different head is a better build quality, it stands better, less flimsy than the 1st mould with the devy head.
    I also have CW devastator and I like having all three of these bots.
    It's a fun toy and for like $50 or so you can't beat it.

12. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see Sirtoys has all the Qilepin KO Predaking figs now. Really hoping to hear about the quality of these guys. I've heard them referred to as "cheap" several times, but I'm hoping they meant in price, not quality :D 

Mostly want to know if there are any articulation simplification or weak/flimsy plastic issues.

13. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, you're right. I just have issues with the "I can't afford it so I hope it gets knocked off" ideology that I've seen crop up here and other places.

And to be fair, I really like KOs. I've got several myself. Movie Arcee didn't come in blue, so I'm happy to have her, for example.

14. batfan007

News Credits:
    I'm waiting for a gestalt review to see if I get this set or the jinbao OS set.
    If they did an alternate color scheme for these smaller ones, ID probably get both. Hope they don't have the same issue with screws and joints the jinbao set did.

15. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Anybody have the first version of the green tfc ko Hercules they want to move on? Feeling the desire to own the goofy version after having the Perseus version now.

16. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

too bad mp-10v doesn't come with jetfire instead of that bumblebee jetpack. i would have gotten it.

i can't afford mp-11t,sw,nr cause of greedy ass takara's ridiculous pricing. so i'm waiting for the ko's. so what? noone wants to hear your holier than thou garbage.

17. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Arguably, not being able to afford something is a great reason to go for a KO version instead.

Especially since, strictly speaking, you're not taking money out of the pockets of the original company if you never would have been able to buy their product anyway.

(though of course you ARE putting money INTO the pockets of people ripping off their designs)

I think we are getting a bit presumptuous lately... it seems like when ANY 3P product is announced, there's suddenly a chorus of "ZOMG I'm so getting the KO! Make the KO already! It better be as good as the original!" ... which does seem a bit brazen.

But in the case of 3P, there is a certain irony... that the wild west, anything-goes style of China's "free market" enables them to get away with making profits on pretty blatant IP infringement, and now that same anything-goes scenario means that other companies are making profits from their designs. It is sort of hard to take a stance of righteous indignation.

zmog

18. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Completely agree 100%. I just don't understand why, if you can't afford Warbotron at $100 a figure, you hope for a KO at $50 a figure. Why not just save your money? Budget?

Neverminding the fact that Warbotron was crap and WuKong actually improved their product. That's not what I'm getting at.

19. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    While I agree, some KOs of 3P products are actually licensed. I believe the Weijiang Toyworld Throttlebots are licensed, and the Wukong possibly could be.

Of course when you have something like the Oversized M01, which in itself is more 3P than KO, sometimes you have to go for it regardless.

However, if I was given a choice between a real Doubledealer and a KO I'd go real. It's why I've avoided the recent OS Legends, the KO Aerialbot limbs and other pure KO stuff.

20. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Because it's generally more appealing to spend less money on something? That IS saving your money.