The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sir Toys Customer Service

:) 
    After a bit of a to do with some crazy postal system, Paul @ Sir Toys has stepped up and is sending out my last order to me and I CANT WAIT!!:D 

I have 2 Inferno Primes, Universe Hardhead and the correct sword part from the Star Cats Rescue set coming! Whoop!

Sir Toys you rock!

2. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Not so sure about that, actually all the previous test shots I've seen come up for ratbat have both clear and opaque parts, as that it is usually the case in order to show the how well the parts sit or highlight different plastic types and sprues, most of the entirely clear figures I've seen are either lunchtime specials, or KOs, again it's not without precedent to find a testshot/prototype, but they don't show up at often, and it is suspicious in this case because the seller has so many of them

And as far as distinguishing the ko from the real thing, those differences are very hard to spot without HD and close up shots, complicated further by the figure being translucent, so if you have one from that seller close up shots of the face, wing detail, and thrusters would help assuage some of the skepticism surrounding this listing

3. Vagabond Elf

Vagabond Elf Well-Known Member

It seems not at all unlikely to me that there is now a KO of the Testshot, but the seller is using pics of the real testshot for his ebay auction...

4. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    So was this one a KO also?

Prototype Transformers Masterpiece Ratbat | eBay

Incase the image doesnt work from the auction

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
  6. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    It's completely possible a clear KO could be made, but at this point there is zero evidence, physical or otherwise. Merely citing the quantity found so far as proof, as others have, is flimsy at best since it would be oddly too few compared with the typical mass release of KOs, such as the normal KO ratbat which became available everywhere (ioffer, ebay, taobao, misc webstores, etc) almost instantly. None of the usual KO sellers have posted for any for sale, unlike the usual prototype sellers who first made these available.

7. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    you sir, do not pay attention to the context of previous posts before posting - we are strictly referring to the numerous (more than 10 available from the same seller) clear prototype ratbats for sale at the same time.

that being said - your ratbats are amazing! :thumb 

8. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    All 3 versions of the ratbat prototype were available at the same time back in august. Is it just because the seller has 10+ that you question it or is it because ratbat was recently ko'd?

9. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Thanks for the pics, unless the new yotg soundwave comes with a clear ratbat, I still think it is more likely that these are lunchtime specials, both quantity and mould consistency between it and the original, have me leaning towards that as the source, a single seller having that many identical testshots/prototypes is to my knowledge, unprecedented, and of course the fact it is a single color (or lack thereof) as evidenced by the previous prototype/testshots for ratbat , and a lunchtime special would explain both the quantity, and apparent source

This is just my take on the situation, as the details are consistent with the original, and as such if I am correct, the price isn't too terrible, it's outside of my budget, but it not really my thing either, like I said earlier I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm just trying to be as impartial as possible, and give an honest and unbiased opinion, for those interested to listen

10. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    1 seller has 10+ available, where as multiple sellers (one talking in this thread claiming to know the difference between ko's and testshots as well) on ebay selling at the exact same time...

seriously, yours are prototypes, no question... testshots, maybe, maybe not... but clearly prototypes... they look frigggin' awesome, btw!

but clear MP ratbats coming out via ebay at the same time yotg clear soundwave with his clear minions are shown to be completed and soon will be available, is just ludicrous to believe they are ALL a clear testshot prototype.

they most likely are factory reject, or worse, stolen by an employee from the line while the clear yotg ratbats were being assembled, and then sold as "prototypes" online as a prototype of the pre-existing basic MP ratbat, or claiming to be testshots of the up and coming clear version soon to be released.

lena on ebay gets factory rejects and loose figures available before they are released for us fans all over the world, but NEVER do they claim they are prototypes or testshots.

my :2c: , but it's an analytical and logical approach - not straight denial.

11. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    c/o Meister Wing on FB. KO of TFCToys Hercules

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  12. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Yotg soundwave has not been confirmed to contain ratbat, the info at this time only has 5 cassettes with him not including ratbat, so again I'm leaning towards lunchtime special at this point, but it could change if it turns out yotg soundwave does end up with ratbat, I do agree they should just list it as a clear mp ratbat though

13. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    so perhaps paul will be getting these in soon? they look reeeeeeeeeealy simplified and hollow, but hey, better than spending 400+ for something to paint orange!

14. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Wonder if these are upscaled in any way...I'd love a larger Heavy Labor!

15. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Don't know... Try to check it if you have the AoE Voyager OP.

16. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    You and me both.
    But sadly…

[​IMG]

17. C310 Ginrai

C310 Ginrai Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aww man, is that only found on streets of China right now?

18. Maximus Alpha

Maximus Alpha Biggest Strongarm Fangirl

What's with the Sandstorm head? :inquisiti 

19. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  20. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits: