The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Blackhand

Blackhand Well-Known Member

I own Nemesis one and "classic" one. Sole difference is that Aoyi/Black Mamba/whatever their name is today (Tabo?) version is missing tabs on back of the shins that are supposed to lock said backs of the shins in place in robot mode (I don't own SS38 but from reviews it seems these tabs totally fail at serving their purpose so lack of these is not a big deal).
    Tolerances might a bit off (again, it may be SS38 issues, like I said, I don't own one to compare) - top of the vehicle mode on my "classic" version has hard time staying flush (now and then pieces pop out of their places), can't fold front grill completely to make front of the vehicle completely flush and that back grill behind the cab doesn't like to tab into place in vehicle mode. Rear wheels tend to stuck at angle (middle axle floats about 1mm above the surface, but it seems to be an issue in case of SS38 either). Forearm kibble tends to unplug and flop around (once again, it seems to be inherited from SS38). Head base stucks firmly in robot mode, I had to use tool tu transform figure into vehicle mode (as result I've slightly stress marked some parts of head assembly). Chest windows are die cast, at least in case of my figures.
    Because of these problems I've never transformed my Nemesis (keep in mind it's KO so quality can vary between copies, in short YMMV). Speaking of which - he looks as badass as possible, there's something about that shade of black plastic combined with the greys, gunmetal grey on the head, juicy red paint (eyes) and teal touch ups in the just right places that makes him look extra premium while that Netflix Nemesis looks like cheap knock off next to that SS38 KO.
    There seems to be some kind of variant of "classic" one with more shiny red paint, chefatron enjoyed it a lot (you may check out his Nemesis variant review too.)
    >CLICK< >CLICK<

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Thanks for the detailed analysis, definitely info to take into consideration

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Sometimes when a figure is this cheap, I just pull the trigger and see how it turns out. Depends on shipping of course.

I think I might have one of the "shiny" red ones. The red on mine seems pretty glossy.

My overall feeling when handling it is "I can tell this is not an official"... you can feel that it isn't 'quite right'... but it isn't loose, and you can still achieve both modes without a bunch of tolerance issues. My minor grumbles about it are all issues with the design of the original mold.

zmog

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
  4. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Guys got my KO OS BB Ironhide, freaking awesome highly recommend.

Bring on the rest of the OS BB studio Series figures. I want the seekers next with the Blitzwing mold as the base.

• Like Like x 4
  5. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

Has anybody seen listings for the smaller Feral Rex KO on eBay or Ali? I was not a fan of the OS for my MP collection, but I'd consider a version for my CHUG shelf.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SMOG

Did you already get the Ironhide?! I just got the Ratchet last week. They are crazy good.

Ditto on some Blitzwing-Seekers.

Do you mean the undersized version? Is that set vaporware or what? There were toy show photos so long ago, but then... crickets.

zmog

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Happenin Rhinoceros

I mean smaller as in not the OSKO. Mainly looking for a 1:1, but the undersized would have done, too.

8. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Yup got him from DP Robot Store on Ali Express. Super fast

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  9. SMOG

I seem to recall the quality was not great on the 1:1 KO set, but I haven't seen it around in ages. Might be difficult to track down.

Depending on your scale threshold, 1:1 Feral Rex is kind of borderline CHUG. The Predacons are large voyagers, but I think that can work, as they're all very strong characters. However, Razorclaw is still really huge, and always looked a bit monstrous next to my CHUG stuff. Of course, if he spends 90% of the time combined as Predaking, I guess that's kind of a non-issue. :) 

Kind of surprising that the undersized version got as far as product samples in-package, but then just... ghosted.

zmog

• Like Like x 1
  10. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

images (13).jpeg

11. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

12. Angelophile

Angelophile Well-Known Member

Was a Rhinox KO with two different sized Chainguns of Doom something we knew about?

2E203167-27DA-4CDF-838F-64CE5BF8483B.jpeg EA3D4700-C17E-49BB-A64A-C49DCA665973.jpeg

13. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've just picked up the regular sized KO from Sir Toys recently - out of stock right now but you could Wants List it with Paul and he may be able to grab another set for you!
    MMC Predaking KO V2 - Combiner - SirToys.com
    ;) 

14. The Happenin Rhinoceros

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'll never do business with him again after the last time. I'll have to keep looking.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Came across this on IG from neoinstatoyz in Taiwan:
    Img_2023_01_22_13_59_10.jpeg Img_2023_01_22_13_59_13.jpeg Img_2023_01_22_13_59_19.jpeg
    Turns into a gold Sig Sauer P226. Box shows they may also make a Colt M1911, a Beretta 92, and some revolver as well.

Been around for a month or so. It's an osko of the Kingdom figure. BensKOllectables did a video on it in December. I know it came up in the General Upgrade Kits Thread because someone is selling a kit on XianYu that makes him more show accurate and a decent stand-in for MP Rhinox.

What happened last time?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  16. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    never did i know until now.jpg

I want a battlemaster that transforms like this. love the blaster hand! omg, i love this so much!!

• Like Like x 2
  17. The Happenin Rhinoceros

Sent you a PM so as not to derail the KO conversation ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  18. Optimussentinel

Optimussentinel Well-Known Member

I have been wanting Feral Rex for a long time, certainly is tempting.

• Like Like x 2
  19. SMOG

Hey weird! I just assumed that one was OS. If I recall correctly, the older 1:1 copy was a slightly simplified design, but in more accurate colours.

I'm looking at the photos of this set on Action Figure Checklist, and this looks like it might actually be slightly UNDERSIZED (at least based on this picture):

[​IMG]

I think the MMC originals would be a fair bit bigger than Earthrise Grapple, and Razorclaw would be much larger.

zmog

20. CypherZero

CypherZero Well-Known Member

I might have to acquire these, if you know anyone who is selling them. I wonder if they shoot plastic pellets? These 3 could be considered as Megatron's special forces.

• Like Like x 1