The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. DubV

DubV Lighten up, Francis.

News Credits:
    Ahhh, had no idea. That’s a really nice touch!

2. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

Wow, looks like I found the mole in my Autobot ranks. Appears Exhaust has been masquerading as Wheeljack.
    20221217_135635-1.jpg

Kind of disappointed, he's never been in direct sunlight, and was always 2-3 bots deep on my shelf. Oh well, I've been considering picking up his "+" version anyway.

• Like Like x 5
  3. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Wow, that's some dramatic discolouration. :( 

I've found that my MP bots really need to be far away from daylight, especially with so many white autobots

zmog

• Like Like x 3
  4. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

I'm just surprised, because I have a KO Ratchet and Red Alert on the same shelf, and they're fine. I thought it might be due to a reading light by the shelf, but Jackie was further from that source too.

All the more reason we need a new Jackie all together LOL

• Like Like x 2
  5. SMOG

Probably something to do with the actual plastic type itself. Kind of annoying to see something yellow so dramatically.

zmog

• Like Like x 2
  6. alenpoison

alenpoison Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    any info about this figure
    Izrezak.PNG

• Like Like x 3
  7. SMOG

Saw it announced a while back, but haven't seen it on any of the online sellers yet.

There are no fewer than 3 distinct OSKO versions of the Siege Hound mold out there... forget which one this is based on. They're all pretty decent.

zmog

• Like Like x 1
  8. DubV

DubV Lighten up, Francis.

News Credits:
    The CBB Constructicons look pretty decent with the purple nonnef blaster set.

It was an absolute labor of love trying to get the peg on Mixmaster’s gun down to whatever size hole his hands have. It ain’t 5mm, more like 2.5 or 3

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  9. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    Just hoping for it to come out already.

10. Radioguy

Radioguy Hair's always frizzy

• Like Like x 1
  11. BtheBlackMage

BtheBlackMage Probably (not) a wizard

News Credits:
    Ladies and gentlemen, I welcome you to:

Shit I found at Dollarama!
    ....*cough*

I'll be reviewing two knockoffs I found at Dollarama (the second one will be another post, because my phone is low on batteries)
    [​IMG]
    This is the "Dinosaur Battle" set, created by "virtually every cheap toy you find at Dollarama" Montoys! As you can clearly see, this is certainly ripping off the Dinobots in which dinosaurs they decided to use.[​IMG]
    See you got the Triceratops, the Stegosaurus, the T-rex, the Pterosaur and the... Cryptoclidus? I-is that a real dinosaur? *looks it up* Okay it is, but it definitely isn't what it intended to be judging by the actual toy.[​IMG]
    As you can see, they combine, because every cheap toy has to combine at some point! Also, the box lies in what colors the dinosaurs are in.[​IMG]
    Lets start with the Triceratops, or "Snag" as I like to call him. Plastic on all of them are just okay, but they feel like they have layers of dust on them or something. Snag has ok articulation, with head rotation, front leg movement and limited back legs movement. They're all on peg joints as well for the rest of the "not Dinobots" in order for combination to work, so they pop easily. The tail is actually the head of the combined mode, which is sorta nice. Colors are fine, though that's more due to bias of green.[​IMG]
    Stegosaurus, or "Snorl" is very limited in articulation, only having upwards head motion and upwards tail motion, though the guns do move on him and the T-rex. Colors on him are very gaudy, you could mistake him from being in G2.[​IMG]
    T-rex, or "Jimlock" has better articulation (even has mouth articulation) but has the worst balance out of all of them. It took me forever to even get him in a standing pose, I would say he's either second worst or the worst out of all of them.
    [​IMG]
    The *Sigh* Cryptoclidus, or "Smudge" is kinda boring, he's just Snag but has a gun for a tail. Nothing interesting to say about him.[​IMG]
    The Pterosaur, or "Snoop" is...bad. He has garbage articulation that makes him not even able to do a perching pose and must be in this flight mode at all times. You can sorta fake it, but it's not convincing and barely stays on.[​IMG][​IMG]
    Group shot.
    [​IMG]
    Size comparisons with Legacy Deadend, as you can see, they are quite tiny.
    [​IMG]
    Combined mode is laughable at best, It looks exceptionially stupid with it's stumpy arms. Articulation shit as well, you can rotate the head, the shoulders can do a 360 and the thighs swivel, that's kind of it.[​IMG]
    Size comparison with Legacy Deadend, still a head shorter than him.

Overall, are they good? No, no they're not.

I'll be back later for the other one I picked up.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    If ONLY!! I too love this mold and agree that it's just too damn small! :( 

I got the Tarn one and have absolutely no complaints about it whatsoever - it even comes with the extra mask and shoulder speakers that came eith the original Flametoys preorder. There's a KO of their Optimus Primal figure due soon too and I'll be picking that up as well. I'd definitely think about Star Saber if they do him.

13. SMOG

Right? I think it might be the smallest Deluxe in the Prime toyline. It makes no sense. Great design otherwise, though.

zmog

• Like Like x 1
  14. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    Has there been a MPM-12 made or planned?

15. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Does anyone know what the quality is like on the TNT-01 oversized KO of Iron Factory Cygnus? Looks pretty good and looks like it'd match up pretty well with core class figures.

16. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's quite solid for a KO and the balljoints aren't floppy unlike the OSKOs of Heat Death and Primal Commander. There's a misassembly error with the elbows present on all sets, you should read the dedicated thread for details, see if you want to fix it at all because it mostly affects the vehicle mode only.
    TNT-01 OSKO Iron Factory Jetfire

• Like Like x 3
  17. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Awesome, thanks for the link and the info

18. Fenrys

News Credits:
  19. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros Well-Known Member

That looks like the BHX or whatever it was. I bought one because of the price and like it quite a bit. I've never had my hands on an actual Hulkie to compare, but the plastic is really good quality and the joints are solid. It's simple, but makes a nice little desk bot to mess around with.
    20221221_102439.jpg
    Forgive the missing arm, Scavenger somehow ended up in a different box when we moved and I haven't gone searching for him yet. Also sorry for the blur...for some reason my phone wanted to focus on the Donald mug and wouldn't take no for an answer, lol

Individual bots are simple but feel good and are pretty posable. Paint is minimal, basically faces, eyes and a few accents.

The only minor quibbles I had are that Scrapper's torso slider is a tad loose, as were Mixmasters hips. Also, that everybody has painted windows but Long Haul, lol. Minor issues and easily fixed for an under $20 combiner set.
    20221221_103328.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Awesome, pics and comments on the set are much appreciated! If I could trouble you further, do you happen to have a core class figure to compare the individual modes to?