The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Does anyone know where some of the recent crop of bw kos can be ordered from, like these

US $11.49 27%OFF | Tomy Beast Machines Transformers Beast Wars Optimal Megatron Tigatron Metal Variant Chimpanzee Second Generation Cheetan Model
    11.49US $ 27% OFF|Tomy Beast Machines Transformers Beast Wars Optimal Megatron Tigatron Metal Variant Chimpanzee Second Generation Cheetan Model|Transformer/Robot| - AliExpress

Every seller that I find on aliexpress that has them says they can't ship to my address

2. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Yeah I've run into that too lately. Seems like all the really good stuff is blocked for us

3. mechman22

mechman22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Oh man. I got this exact set from walgreens like 5 years ago. It is however this one in your picture which is superion.

4. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Man, I wish one of these KO companies would make a version of Blast Bunch Primal and Night Slash Cheetor in more toon accurate colors.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Yea, it's a bit frustrating because there's several in that listing that I'd like to buy

6. Skylanderformer

Skylanderformer (yells)

buying a jinbao warbotron from sirtoys. anyone have a guess as to how long it will take to ship? site guidelines were really vaque.

7. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Up to a month - don't start counting down until you receive a tracking number.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Skylanderformer

Skylanderformer (yells)

thanks! I'll probably pick it up in March. still disappointing as far as it is a whole month and AFTER you get the tracking number... sigh.

9. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Are you able to ship something right away if someone purchased something from you?

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I'm located in Canada, and I order from Sirtoys a few times a year.

I always use the EMS shipping with larger boxes (usually around 10 items. The delivery time can vary greatly, especially with the additional delays we sometimes get now due to pandemic-related issues.

The fastest I have ever received anything from Sirtoys was 2 weeks (which really surprised me). Most of the time you're looking at 3-4 weeks (like the package I just got last week).

The longest I have waited is 2.5 months (in late 2021) but that was exceptional. It was 2 weeks for the tracking and then there was clearly some kind of shipping issue because my order went from being on its way to Canada, and then going back to China, and then on its way to Canada again. Never seen that before.

Your real issue right now is that you ordered just before the Chinese New Year, when basically everything shuts down in China for 2 straight weeks. If you're lucky, it will have shipped out before the delays kick in... but keep that in mind.

I have the Jinbao set... it's quite excellent. Not my favourite combiner design, but the team is huge, and the build quality is very sturdy. :thumb 

z

• Like Like x 4
  11. CypherZero

CypherZero Well-Known Member

Same, I'm in Canada too, just on the West coast. I decided to take a chance to see when the package will be shipped out. I grabbed a couple of the CW OS tanks and jets, in order to complete my OS red Hot Spot into a combiner. I'm curious to see how tall he will be. But, not as tall as my Prime sniper bot! :D 

12. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    15in / 38cm. Same as OSKO Volcanicus and Abominus, GT/Warbotron combiners, Daban/NBK/Jinjiang KO Devys, YesModel OSKO MT Defensor.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Skylanderformer

Skylanderformer (yells)

Didn't order yet because I'm cheap! I'll probably get it in March or the summer. Depends on how I get paid.

Fair enough. I worded that pretty poorly.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
  14. CypherZero

CypherZero Well-Known Member

That's a favourable size for a combiner, and good to know that it'll scale well with the other combiners (not that I have any).

The YesModel Defensor, I was considering getting him, but apparently I had the impression that he was rather short in comparision to the WeiJiang Combaticons.

15. SMOG

Praise cheapness! :lol 

You can probably skip the Chinese New Year delays by waiting a few weeks. Plus, Sirtoys often adds new stock when they come back from CNY, so it might be worth waiting to see what turns up.

z

• Like Like x 2
  16. Skylanderformer

Skylanderformer (yells)

Maybe I'll see if they have an Optus Nox or another good cheap OS combiner.

17. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  18. SMOG

Yeah, this is the old Happywell X-Bot KO Valkyrie mold, but molded in more accurate colours.
    happy-well-galaxy-defender-robot_1_9c563f5210a01e5014ee8dbb953abdf5.jpg

It was scaled 1:1 with the original 1980s Valkyrie/Jetfire, but with slight changes to the surface detailing. The original Happwell version was made with cheaper materials, but retained the diecast metal parts, ratchets, clear canopy, and landing gear. Nothing was simplified to my knowledge

I believe I heard this new white version has no diecast parts. Not sure if it's worth $33. But it does look nice in those colours.

*edit*
    Found a youtube review. It looks rather nice for what it is. Looks like only the diecast was removed from the previous version, and I don't mind the rubbery headguns too much

z

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wonder how good it would look with Jetfire reprolabels.

20. SMOG

Pretty good I imagine, so long as the new surface details don't interfere with the labels.

I also wonder if it can wear the classic Armored Valkyrie upgrade parts (ie Jetfire's red armour and booster pack).

Though most people don't have those anyway...

z