The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. DarkSkull

DarkSkull Well-Known Member

Italy has stolen is a serious accusation that should be supported with true evidence, not your personal misadventures, not even circumstantial ones. There was a period (unfortunately very long) years ago in which Poste Italiane, the largest courier in the country, had very serious logistical problems that also caused losses to many Italian sellers who sent abroad through him. This obviously generated a bad reputation in the country. However, this has been resolved for years now and traceable shipments arrive regularly. Unfortunately, some international couriers provide very cheap shipping services for Italy which, however, are traceable only until arrival in the country, precisely because they are too cheap, and if there is a problem, or a buyer who is not too honest, obviously it does the seller charges. Personally, I'm not here to force or persuade any private individual to ship anything to Italy, but it makes me wonder that famous shops like Sirtoys are still based on old prejudices by excluding customers from my country from their business. among other things, today there are many couriers who deliver in Italy in total safety and ensuring reimbursement to the seller in case of non-delivery without going through Poste Italiane...

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ulster Magnus

Ulster Magnus Member

Camera based on S.A. Cheez from Series 1

038.jpg 039.jpg 040.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. CypherZero

CypherZero Well-Known Member

To have it tracked, from Canada to Italy, would have been very costly (like, crazy costly), hence I had it shipped without tracking. The Global Shipping Program wasn't around when this happened, which was ten years ago, or less. But still, I have seen a few ebay postings where the seller has specifically stated that they won't ship to Italy. Now I know why.

Maybe, there have been improvements in how Italy handles packages, I really don't know. But for now, I won't ship to Italy...or Mexico for that matter. (Now that's another story right there! And a costly one too!)

4. DarkSkull

You had a problem with a package, one, sent without tracking, and you still make a fuss and sulk like a child, is that so? If all those who refuse to ship to Italy are like you, this explains many things... Anyway, as I said, I am not interested in convincing individuals that for personal reasons, and I emphasize personal (and not objective, since it happens to everyone in life to have problems with a shipment, but not for this the majority stop sending to a given country , as shown by ShowZ, Amazon, AliExpress, eBay, the FB markets, etc., which do business with Italy from abroad practically every moment ...) no ship in my Country, I would like to hear Sirtoys, instead, from whose decision against the tide as a shop all this speech was born...

5. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

FWIW, I dont ship items out of australia period. Well unless its to family and their respective countries. Also not a store. just a low level, not even part timing ebayer.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DarkSkull

Many people for various reasons do not ship out of their country, but it is different from excluding only a given country for having had problems once or even claiming that it steals packages, as others do...

7. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

if there is a reputation, or one had a bad experience to go with said reputation, id be skeptical. If I go global, Im definately not selling to nigeria, the prince has enough.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DarkSkull

Reputation changes over time. Today you would not ship to Nigeria, because it has a bad reputation, tomorrow maybe you will do it because the common opinion has changed. Years ago Italy had a bad reputation on shipments, today not anymore, but as you can see there are still people who, because they had a problem 10 years ago, do not trust despite this, others who even proclaim that Italy steals parcels. Is it possible that I don't think about the difference?

9. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    Out of curiosity, are there 3rd party shipping companies from China to Italy?

10. DarkSkull

I have never bought directly from a 3p, except one of WST now out of the market that also sold on ebay from which I bought without problems, but Aliexpress and the most well-known Chinese shops of 3p products ship regularly to Italy. However, I seem to remember that at least a couple of yes, because some friends had taken a lot of stuff from them years ago, but you can check for yourself from their sites.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  11. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    I meant shipping companies that provide a shipping service from China to Italy, and has a China warehouse address that you can send packages to.

So if let's say you want to buy from Sir Toys or other retailers in China, you give them the China warehouse address of the shipping company, so it's considered as local shipping. From there, the shipping company will redirect the package to you in Italy, so overseas shipping is handled by them and not the retailers.

In the Taobao thread, some are using Superbuy to ship overseas from China. Not sure if there are other companies.

12. DarkSkull

Yes, they exist, I in particular use YOYbuy, but from what I have seen none of those I know can buy from Sirtoys, because when I enter his web address in their system it gives an error

13. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

• Like Like x 5
  14. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Well-Known Member

I'm quite new to collecting and I'm in the legends space and I was just looking for some advice. I've been trying to build a G1 cartoon faithful collection focusing on covering off S1 characters and building from there. There's a few gaps that I'm not sure are down to my ignorance of they don't exist. I was hoping if people might confirm the following for me:

No 3rd party legend model:
    - Windcharger
    - Gears (MFT is basically CHUG)

Only exist in Iron Factory and slightly stylised/comic influenced:
    - Sunstreaker
    - Mirage

It would be helpful to know if I am missing something. Why has MFT and MS done a Sunstreaker (and Red Alert) but overlooked Sideswipe? I'm also surprised Mirage is completely overlooked? I have the IF but it looks tiny as most of my collection if MFT.

Also is Wheeljack sort of overlooked too? I see there was a Fans Toys Whiskey Jack and IF have a Wheeljack but again not touched by MFT, MS and NA? I've ordered an IF Wheeljack, am I right in saying he's less stylised and more G1 faithful and due to his smaller cartoon size might scale ok?

I know that's a lot of questions. Still trying to get my head around the intricacies of mixing and matching legends/legends+ and several companies. Any insight appreciated.

15. Ulster Magnus

Ulster Magnus Member

Orange Juice and Icy Coke based on Sippy Slurps from Series 1

DSCN0066 (2).JPG DSCN0075 (2).JPG

• Like Like x 3
  16. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    This is how you should have first posted... you'd have guaranteed a like for each post following. :thumb 

17. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

sorry to hear about this. Here’s an experience I had trying to ship a USA fender strat guitar neck to Italy. I sold the neck for close to $2000 but due to however shipments are set up over there, I could only insure it up to $600 and as I was told by the USPS and UPS the insurance would be from the moment the guitar neck left my hand to the moment the plane left US soil. After that, their were no guarantees. Obviously I didn’t go through with the sale because of this. I also had an issue selling the same guitar neck to a gentleman in Australia. I had to go through hoops with that as well. Apparently being it’s made of maple wood, it was going to have to sit at customs for a month to fumigate, and even then, could be sent back to me or disappear. Again USPS and UPS would only insure it up to around $600 and that was only good for US handling times. Once it’s off US soil, they wouldn’t cover insurance. I was told to find a 3rd party business who had a special shipping code or # that could ship to those countries and have added insurance. It was confusing as hell!

• Like Like x 3
  18. DarkSkull

Do you realize that this is a problem inherent in the organization of ups that has nothing to do with Italy? Just a few weeks ago I bought from Amazon.com that sent me the transformers via UPS: you have to know (because maybe you don't know) that UPS Italia also exists, and it is she (and not Poste Italiane or another carrier) that delivered to me the parcel... The shipment never left the hands of the UPS except for a very short passage through customs for checks

19. genfuyung

genfuyung Well-Known Member

This is my favorite Italian shipping info thread.

• Like Like x 11
  20. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

it’s not just Ups it’s the usps as well and I’m not saying packages get stolen there, but just another perspective on why people may not ship to Italy. Each country has rules about what can enter the country and only allows insurance up to a certain amount. So as a seller, it’s hard to take a risk on shipping to any country(not just Italy) that only allows insurance to x amount of dollars. Australia customs wanted to know the species of maple, wanted to fumigate the guitar neck and hold it for more than a month to make sure no foreign insect was coming in on the shipment.

• Like Like x 2