The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:

The only issue is the chest pin for Prowl doesn't have much of a surface area around it for a clamp like that to work. I'm sure this is easier to use for pins on arms and legs, where there's more of a flat surface to clamp down on.

Damn, that photo makes my OCD go:

[​IMG]

Agreed, but fixing is time-consuming, so if you don't enjoy it or treat it as part of the hobby, then it's not for you. Right now I still have the patience for it, but I dunno how I will feel in the future, as it does take time away from me doing other things.

One of the reasons why I never touch Constructor. Can't imagine those paying the current price now.

2. Robyn The Dragon

Robyn The Dragon Excited for Legacy Sandstorm/SS86 Springer

News Credits:
    I really appreciate all of the information and input. :) 
    I definitely try to watch/read reviews when I can and its always hard when it's time to make a choice on a few of these guys because sometimes you'll have 3 different KO choices and all of them have some sort of hangup or thing I may not like, and not 1 will have "the best of all worlds" or what feels like a definitive version to me. But at the same time, I'm always afraid that if I don't buy it soon, it will be hard to find in the future. Normally I can point at something and say "I want that one, that's the one!" With KO's not so much. Haha

Now I have to worry about scale, chosing a product, and trying to make a collection that I will keep and not get bored with. So maybe taking it slow is the best option...
    Anyway, sorry for rambling on, I really appreciate the* information and can't wait to see where the hole in the ground takes me. ;D

*Edited* spelling errors

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. RussianSentaiFan

RussianSentaiFan Well-Known Member

Went to find another KO Gunpla, found an Action Master and the BFE (best f*ckinf english).
    20200815130006.jpg
    May be blurred, but it is a movie OP.
    20200815125956.jpg 20200815125954.jpg
    HUMAN WISDO
    ANCIENT REMAINS
    REAPPEARANCE
    MAGICALLY

4. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Totally understandable. Its part of the equation though.

Neither do I....But If I have to buy it again (for the same price as then) and fix it again....somehow id do it. Its that damn good in all modes.
    Except Hooks face....why the heck they fucked up Hooks face?

The only advice I can give you here is: Dont set long term goals Etc: I need to gather all the season1 Autobots.
    Thats a recipe for anxiety and financial over-commitment. I would collect what characters I like first in your place and once thats done and you are certain you enjoy that scale, you can commit to something more grand.

My 2:2c: 

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RussianSentaiFan

They f*cked up Hook's face? Calm down, my friend, some people can f*ck up even package callouts.

6. pilot00

:lol :lol 

It so happens that he is my fav of the Constructicon bunch and I cant stand that idiotic sculpt. More so with the idiotic smirk.

7. RussianSentaiFan

You know, some things can be even weirder: I got attacked by an SJW karen who said that hands-free cycling offends people with no hands. So you are kinda lucky with your Hook.

8. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    I'm sure @The Happenin Rhinoceros can sculpt you a new one.

9. pilot00

:lol 

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Is there a 'fanaticism'??

Yeah, If forgot about Tiger Tracks. I had that one and sold it. Mine was probably the best of my 3 versions of the Lambo mold. Never had the Prowl (though I have the Diaclone Bluestreak version, which uses the Prowl mold, not Bluestreak). I bought the official back when you could still get them for about $50 CAD.

It depends. Small fixes are usually nothing. Tighten a screw, add a bit of nail polish to a joint, shave down a tab with a hobby knife... that's the kind of stuff I call "small fixes"... that take 30 seconds when you're first handling the figure after getting it.

Any fix that's more involved than that is practically customizing. :) 

I would adjust this advice to "only set long term goals." I myself decided that I'd like a set of the 1984-85 Autobot cars in MP (or similar) format, and at the same time I've basically sworn off Takara originals. It's been a sloooooow train. It's nice when I get to fill one of those positions on the shelf, and I know I'll probably get there eventually, but I do wonder sometimes how old I'll be when that finally happens! :lol 

You have amputee SJW Karens in Russia?

Pics or it didn't happen. Or maybe even with pics. :tongue: 

zmog

11. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  12. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    Sirtoys is having a Flash sale right now.

• Like Like x 2
  13. RussianSentaiFan

Sorry for no pics. But there was just a middle-aged lady with normal hands who raged for no reason.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I was actuallly joking that your pictures would be so blurry, we'd never know if she was real or not! :lol 

That woman is clearly a crazy person.

zmog

• Like Like x 1
  15. RussianSentaiFan

I happen to live in the glorious City-Of-Everything-Happens, Balashikha. It is near Moscow, so Social Jerkness Warrior movements from Moscow are also in Balashikha. But the overall Russianness of our city enables commonly Russian/Caucasian things to happen. The SJW encounter was at the park, what is the common gathering place for my cyclist friend's numerous gals, CKMH (Cheap Kebab Muslim Highlanders), SJWs and turbo-revving young punks (like a guy who collided with my knee on a gyroscooter).

16. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Don't you have a picture of her having no head?

17. RussianSentaiFan

Suddenly no. I am not a guy who dares to take photos/videos of people I meet in the park.

18. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros Well-Known Member

Or don't set long term goals at all and just buy characters you have a connection with. Unlike many TF collectors, I'm not a completionsist. My movie shelf, for example, only has Ultra Magnus, Arcee, Kup, Hot Rod, Wreck Gar and Springer on the autobot side because i find Blurr and Wheelie intolerably annoying. If i don't have a connection with the character (for me its usually toys I loved as a kid or always wanted and never had) then I'm not really bothering. I feel when people set a hard goal for their collection, they turn a fun hobby into a stressful chore.

Thats the joy of collecting, though: your collection is yours alone and can be whatever you need it to be. Do what makes you happy and don't let any of us tell you its wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    That's true. I hadn't thought about that. Such a thing would be bad manners.

20. Robyn The Dragon

Robyn The Dragon Excited for Legacy Sandstorm/SS86 Springer

News Credits:
    I sort of lucked out in that regard because I'm really picky about which transformers I like and which ones are worthy enough to be on my shelf. I've been able to sort of stave off any "completionist thoughts" by getting the new Siege/Earthrise figures because to me, they are just as good and plentiful as any $60-$200 KOs/MPs and the Transformer toys options are...limitless. I think my biggest problem right now is deciding what to focus on. The up and coming WfC figures, movie-verse figures, or some of these KOs that look simply amazing. That's my thing right now because of how varied and vastly different they are. I want to a least try and have *some* functionality to it. :p 

Do we happen to have a "size" chart around as well that can help with some of these lines? I try and find some, but I get varying results and I'm not sure how accurate they are and what I can use to at least try and keep some of these in line with their media counterparts. Sorry for all of the questions, its all so new to me and there is SO much ground to cover. Is the TF wiki the most accurate we have to the officials so that I can compare them to the KOs.

Anyway, I've been trying to go back ad read posts on this thread and search for certain things if the search bar cooperates. There is a lot I awesome info I see posted on here for KOs?

Anyway, I'll take the advice of you two and take it slow. I don't mind paying for a figure that I REALLY want if it happens to fall through on the initial chance. :) 

• Like Like x 1