The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks. I'm not using Chrome, I'm using Samsung browser. Also, this wasn't a problem until I recently updated my Samsung browser.

Like I said, this site is old and janky.

They might also not be that aware, due to language issues, age, etc.

When I was 12, I went to my first Games Workshop shop and basically annoyed all of the staff and older fans there, as I lived in the country and couldn't access such a place (or group of like-minded fans) often. I definitely overstayed my welcome there.

As for ignoring or blocking people, there are many reasons to do so, and they aren't always the obvious "They're an @rsehole" reason. These could include:

- Posts are incoherent/incohesive (younger posters, non-native English users, those with special needs and/or a low level of education, etc).

- Non-relevant posts.

- Bots.

- Perfectly reasonable posts, that usually I don't agree with.

- Someone who posts "too much".

More often than not, it's so I don't have to wade through comments that I'm not interested in, find offensive, or consistently don't agree with.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DrJest

DrJest Crewdition Washout

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    Yeah, this. If you do it fairly often, though, you can sort so the newest are first. Then you have a lot less to go through after the first time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know if this should be in KO thread, because it doesn't seem like a KO.... if it's in G1 or G2 Devastator colour, I will be interested.

H1b4abaa1c6b147b6a334d1fb1c26fbbav.jpg H2a82a965d4db41018635e84997891d00y.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

We've looked at this one recently. Sirtoys has it, even. Since it's a loose copy of an existing 3P Devastator design (Hulkie) that has already been knocked-off several times, I'd say it counts as a KO. :thumb 

zmog

• Like Like x 2
  5. RussianSentaiFan

RussianSentaiFan Well-Known Member

The forearms, hands and chestplate seem copied from Hulkie. Is this horrid thing a second type of Hulkie KO?
    Its proportions, in all modes suck!

Edit: didn't see SMOG's post. Thought I was the first to id it. Actually, this is among the worse Hulkie KOs: cartoon eyes everywhere, weird remolding of the arm-bots (for Funcrasher, his arms are made to be up in altmode, while his head, too large to be hidden, sticks out. For Scafunger, we have a bulbous excavator arm) Mixmaster has white wind vane/feet...

I will have nightmares about these eyes...

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  6. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Same, transformation also works.

Pic request: Can somebody shoot me a pic of the underside of a CWs combiner foot(the attachment)? Preferably Bruticus. I want to check out something.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blackhand

Blackhand Well-Known Member

It's really shame what's going on with shipping. (knocking on wood) I'm fortunately free of these issues, to be honest I'm surprised, because I've never received package from China (usually AliE) in less than 3 weeks but recently (once again, knocking on wood) I keep getting packages within 2 week or less...

After few transformations:
    Optimus Prime (Battle Engine Commander :D ) is trash. Aside from issues I mentioned before, tolerances are horrible - I gave him lots of stress marks during first transformation, mostly on chest windows part. It doesn't lock correctly in vehicle mode - I ended up with warped panels while plastic pegs which connect windshields to chest panel all have stress marks (along with pins which act as the base for chest panel hinges). Chest panels are mostly made out of clear plastic, that means the hinge is made out of clear plastic and so are pegs which are supposed to lock chest panels in vehicle mode. Panels on shins (these which are supposed to reveal 5mm port for ax in shield mode) are impossible to flip (I'm reluctant using a knife). Shoulders don't really clear the roof/backpack part so there are some stress marks on that roof part either (shoulders have to be forced to go under the roof). Oh, yeah, bumper part is red with some spots of silver paint xD.
    Hound (Off-Road Warrior) is okay, no issues beyond I've mentioned. Transformation is smooth, no parts have to be forced (I don't remember if rear part of the vehicle was tabbing int crotch on Hasbro version).
    Sideswipe (Speed Warrior) is main event. (oh, yeah, shin panels on the front seem to be made out of die cast) Nice chest remolding. They got rid of weapon port on the rooftop and holes on back of the shins. Feet are strangely attached to the back of the shins via ball joint, but still retain nice range of movement. Side panels which tab into upper arms in vehicle mode have additional locking point, you'll see :) . Head is on the ball joint, but it's so deep that's there is very little up/down movement.

Oh, yeah, WJ kept weapon ports and pegs 5mm, though it's very broad range of 5mm. I used TR voyager Megatron as test subject - Prime's ax handle is very loose, his gun is ok while Sideswipe's guns are a little bit too tight fit (but still fit).

• Like Like x 2
  8. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    That's an add-on the board admin needs to install into the backend of the board software.

Cool, thanks. I've been thinking of maybe getting her. She looks a bit small next to MP-28, Springer and Ultra Magnus.

9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I have no idea what that means :lol 
    The way you described it I interpreted it as a site feature.

10. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Yup

[TH] Auto Merge Double Posts

11. XternalPrime

XternalPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This has probably been asked before, but is the JinBao Gravity Builder sets a good set if you want a non-Toyworld sized punch in your wallet, yet don't really like the CW or UW versions of Devastator? Because I'm eyeing those JinBao Constructicons on SirToys.

• Like Like x 2
  12. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

They're great but you have to work hard to get them to stay posed

13. XternalPrime

XternalPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    In combined form, individual robots, or both?

14. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Combined. The thing has stability issues and a tendency to untab (at least the one a friend of mine got). But if you have the patience to set it up its golden.For that price these things go for and the looks, those are elementary problems my dear Watson.

• Like Like x 1
  15. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    Suggestions?

16. SMOG

I really like the way she looks on the shelf next to my MP Rodimus, and I think the size works quite well... but next to UP Ultra Magnus she'll seem pretty tiny, because that figure is HUGE. Same for most 3P Springer figures, which also tend to be extra beefy. :) 

I have the set. I love the individual bots, because they are BEASTS. Really big, solid figures.

However, I think I sort of hate the combined form. The ratchets are extremely strong, but there's still way too much space between each "tooth" on the ratchets, so across all the various joints, the combined form tends sag and lean precariously under its tremendous weight (this sucker is HEAVY). Some people have said that the upgrade knees help. Others say that when you get all the parts into the exactly right position he's more stable.

But for me, the designs of these bots just don't carry the weight of the combined mode very well. I find it's too tiresome to combine, and it's not much fun to handle when it's combined because you practically need to wrestle with it to get it into a stable pose. And if this thing takes a fall, I expect there will be damage.

So my feelings are very mixed about it. But as Constructicons, this is a great set. :) 

zmog

Some people actually find the light-hearted designs charming and amusing. I have to admit, I don't have much of a collection of cute "chibi" robots, but there is something sort of appealing about the colourful deco and cartoonish styling. Not every toy robot needs to look realistic or grim-and-gritty. :thumb 

zmog

• Like Like x 2
  17. SMOG

So I figured this bad-boy could use some touch-ups... (the BPF OS Siege Megatron)

upload_2020-7-16_21-2-50.png upload_2020-7-16_21-3-10.png

zmog

• Like Like x 10
  18. SMOG

Here's 2 OSKO figures for the price of one, even. :wink: 

upload_2020-7-16_21-4-57.png

zmog

• Like Like x 7
  19. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

Looks good man!

I got my Aoyi Mech Megatron today. While I disagree with Ben’s review that he’s a downgrade from the BPF version (which I also have), I do think his joint tolerances are looser overall. First impressions I find it’s quality a bit lower than their Optimus Prime. I think I still prefer it over the BPF Megatron but it’s hard to make that call at the moment.

20. SMOG

I'm sorry to hear that. I was really hoping the Aoyi Megatron would match up to the Optimus.

Honestly, the BPF is really the size that suits my collection, which is why I hit it with some paint. I experimented with some colour blocking because I wanted to see how it might affect the visual proportions of the figure. The hips are still a bit loose though...

I'll probably paint the Aoyi version when it arrives. That plain grey plastic is really dead to me.

zmog