The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

And Lego itself, even?

I think that Megabloks and Kre-O are definitely knock-offs of Lego... except, legally they aren't. Some people would argue that makes them NOT knock-offs, while I just prefer to acknowledge that they are non-illicit rip-off properties. :lol 

And to be clear, as I'm posting here in the KO thread... I have no problem with that. :wink: 

zmog

2. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

Took 1 months for mine... ordered from sir toys... usually takes 1 week and a half to get stuff from Sirtoys... but y'know... stupid shipping companies overflowing because of a pandemic... lol :D 

And yeah technically it is KOs of Lego... :D  even if the model itself is somewhat new, the bricks are KOs :p 

• Like Like x 1
  3. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    This looks awesome. Where is the post with ordering information? What’s it called?

4. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Remember, legally they ARE knockoffs. A knock-off is a legal copy of an existing product.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  6. SMOG

Without meaning to open a whole can of worms, I don't think the term "knock-off" is so rigidly defined. Some are legal, some are not, and some just depend on where you're peddling them and what market you're referring to. :) 

zmog

7. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

This is actually really tempting. I had no idea Lepin was making Transformers sets. When I lived in China I saw Lepin sets in my mall but never bit as my kids weren't into Legos/KOs at the time. Now that I'm back stateside I wish I purchased some in advance :p 

8. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    I hope someone upscales some prime designs into masterpiece scale. I prefer Prime Clijjumper to G1 Cliff

9. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

Here it is y'all! This is 2020's contender of one of the best Prime we've gotten this year
    Got it from Of course; Sirtoys.com right here: Brick BB Movie Optimus Prime 661 - Brick - SirToys.com
    Enjoy!

• Like Like x 8
  10. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    And I respectfully disagree.

11. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :rolleyes: 
    Everyone, quickly post some pics about KO Transformers before they start again! :p 

20200426_091103.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  12. SMOG

You're allowed. People on the internet are under no obligation to be right about things, so expectations are low. :wink: 

zmog

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Nice Divebomb

• Like Like x 5
  14. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

Man, you went to a lot of work for this review! I loved it! Always enjoy your reviews and I'm glad you brought this to my attention. Bought it along with Aoyi Megatron!

• Like Like x 1
  15. SMOG

I see what you did there. :wink: 

zmog

• Like Like x 3
  16. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :) 
    LOL! That's my Combiner Wars Swoop but you knew that, Combiner Wars Divebomb is in the cabinet! :p :D 

20200602_180237.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  17. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Nope... now you have to take out that preduticus and show us more. :thumb 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Wraith Prime

Wraith Prime Ultra-Class

News Credits:
    Finally got my latest shipment of Primes. Quick thoughts:

- AOYI Siege OP - About what I expected, really. They kinda dropped the ball on the head sculpt and I'm not sure why they didn't include a rifle. I really like how much of a difference the few small engineering upgrades help the overall look of the figure. Still a great figure for what it is and for the price.

- Daban IDW OP - The plastic feels a bit cheap/thin, but everything seems to work and peg together when transformed properly except for the shoulder pads and arm pads. The ratchet joints are tight but the foot joints are pretty loose. Should be able to fix those up. Again, great figure for the price, and the LED gimmick is a nice touch. Definitely recommended if you missed the 3P version like I did.

- AOYI SS38 OP - This figure is GLORIOUS. The proportions are so much better than the original/WJ version. The details and paint apps are fantastic. I feel like I'm looking at the non-transformable version that costs many times more than this one! It comes with two heads, though I prefer the 'original' style better - The second head's faceplate uses a different silver that just doesn't match exactly. The joints are all tight except the back-and-forth shoulder ones, but that isn't a huge problem. The hands are both fully articulated, which is nice. LED gimmicks in the head, rifle, and ax are awesome. It even has a removable matrix in the chest! I think the only aesthetic changes I'd make would be more translucent/transparent windows. I'm also not sure how I feel about the 'scuffing' paint apps on the forearms. they look awesome, but that's the only place they appear, so they don't really fit with the rest of the 'clean' figure. Structurally, I'm slightly worried about how sturdy the leg strut is that holds the wheels and the feet. It is pretty thin and the foot transformation threatens to test the tolerance of them, but they seem robust enough so far - just be careful. Overall an absolutely amazing figure!
    Unfortunately, my copy has a manufacturing defect that prevents me from transforming it to truck mode, as it came with two Right shoulder joints instead of a Right and a Left. I'm checking with Paul on this though.

To sum up, all of them are great. Hopefully my nitpicks didn't sound negative, I really like all three of these and would recommend them to anyone interested.

P.S. Also got a 'brickheadz' style brick OP along with the rest of the wave, so I might as well review it too.
    - 'Cute Doll' 'brickheadz' OP - It's adorable! Build was short but fun. That's pretty much it.

19. SMOG

A CW vehicle-style Predaking?? I definitely need to see more of this!! :lol 

I feel slightly obnoxious mentioning it, but just in case it's not known to everyone, it's Marvel UK canon that Swoop's pre-earth Cybertronian name was "Divebomb"... until the Predacon defeated him and took his name. Just a bit of interesting lore. :wink: 

zmog

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any mentions of ER Prime getting a ko as a cab only?