The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Feloniicharges

Feloniicharges Well-Known Member

There no rhyme or reason to what gets k/o'd - you'd think that summut like tfc toys Poseidon (still a cool 400quidish even a year or so after it was released ) would be cloned by now but nope, twelve different sizes of assorted devastator's though are apparently exactly what we're after.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Well-Known Member

Good catch! Same price too as the WeiJiang / YueXing Hulkie KOs'.

1590649188668.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    I’m surprised we haven’t seen kos of the cw blastoff and streetwise mold in slingshot and wildrider deco

i say Streetwise because we haven’t gotten 1:1 cw stunticon kos

• Like Like x 2
  5. BreakSilence

BreakSilence Well-Known Member

El Teniente mining facility, Chilean Andes. The Constructicons caught in action scattering the workers and overruning the mine for their own operations.

IMG_20200528_192137_755.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  6. robotmel

robotmel Junkyard Zombie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I've not seen any but there may be some out there? Sorry bud!
    IMO the KO guys don't produce ANY other decos if they don't have the instructions of where to place the different coloured plastics within the mould/sprues. They are just not clued up enough otherwise we would have ALL the different decos we would like using the exact same moulds which they already have access to! :rolleyes: 

I would like these same KO folk to use that little knowledge they have when producing the recent skittle or all red CW KO's and bang out some all black or all white decos - nice and easy!:p 

• Like Like x 3
  7. williammmw

williammmw MuderPrimus

News Credits:
    Gotten this 2 KO today. Gotta say I prefer the Nemesis paint much more better than the default color
    IMG_20200529_011228.jpg IMG_20200529_011533.jpg IMG_20200529_011822.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  8. PaleHorse42

PaleHorse42 Member

And of course now the first order has finally hit stateside! So I guess the second order should hit in a month. Man, it's a crazy world.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Just in case you didn't know, Long Haul's crotch plate is designed to fold into a smaller configuration. You've got it expanded to full Devastator size in that photo.

I mean, I get why Long Haul would want to flaunt a larger crotch, but it makes him look a bit fatter when it's unfolded :lol 

He's a pic of the collapsed configuration:
    [​IMG]

zmog

• Like Like x 3
  10. CMV17

CMV17 Well-Known Member

Agree! So much more potential for random colored awesomeness the KO fellas could be giving us. Figure it would be low risk to produce them and milk those molds as much as possible.
    Also, wondering why they haven't got to the others like CW Prime, Stunticons and the autobot remolds...and much as recently released Seacons cost, figure they'd be all over those asap

11. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Can't lie. Even I have the Combiner Wars version I might would be in for United Warriors Computron.

12. BreakSilence

BreakSilence Well-Known Member

Aaaah, I overlooked that bit! Cheers man, that looks heaps better.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SMOG

:lol  Enjoy!

Just another one of the small, interesting engineering changes made by NBK compared to the original Gravity Builder version.

zmog

• Like Like x 1
  14. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Only if there were ratchets.

15. SMOG

Hmm. Looks like Weijiang has released their OS Siege Optimus... in a weird in-between size. This is him standing between BPF and AOYI.

[​IMG]

Not sure how I feel about this one. He's too big for my CHUG shelf, and too small for MP. The headsculpt looks better than the AOYI version, and at least he has his gun, but he doesn't have the engineering improvements AOYI added to their version. He also seems to have weird paint apps... nothing on his hips, but for some reason, they gave him weathering ONLY on his shoulders?

I can pass on this one since I have the other two. I was curious to see the other announced WJ Siege Voyagers, but I wonder if this odd size is going to make them less appealing? On the other hand, the WJ OSKO Sidesipe and Hound seem to be the same size as the AOYI versions, so it might be inconsistent.

zmog

• Like Like x 1
  16. SMOG

Ratchets are always nice to have, but I don't miss them here. The NBK set doesn't really need them. Most of the joints are pretty tight relative to the weight of the figures, so they mostly hold poses well. Devastator's shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees are all super-tight on both of my sets.

zmog

17. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

Holy moly, I didn't know WJ was getting into this too. So now we have 3 KO companies doing Siege KO OS at different scales? That's so weird, I feel like it would make sense to KO different figures that other companies haven't already released...
    Usually I prefer Weijiang over other KO (or 4P) companies, but in this case it sounds like Aoyi is the only one with noticeable improvements. It's bigger also and same price as WJ. I also prefer the cleaner look as I've never been a fan of the "battle damage" gimmick of Siege and it's been removed from Earthrise entirely...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aoyi and wj sideswipe and hound look to be the same scale but the wj ones look better (sideswipe was remolded you have a canopy in car mode)

19. SMOG

AOYI Siege Optimus is one of my favourite purchases of the last year. It's such a satisfying brute to have in-hand, and I hope their Megatron matches it. This WJ Siege Prime feels sort of like too little, too late.

My memory is fuzzy now... was it Weijiang or Aoyi who teased a "full" line of OSKO Siege voyagers some time ago? Wasn't there some implication that Aoyi and Weijiang were affiliated somehow? I thought WJ was going to do Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave as well... no?

Honestly, it would nice to have more variety, instead of just a bunch of different versions of the same 4 Siege molds. Plus, at this point, I would have thought that they'd be focusing more on OSKO versions of Earthrise Optimus.

Still, I guess we're spoiled for choice, as they say... :) 

zmog

• Like Like x 2
  20. Wraith Prime

Wraith Prime Ultra-Class

News Credits:
    Looking forward to AOYI Siege Optimus myself, after a couple of months, it looks like mine has finally reached customs to get beat to shit before finally sending it on....
    I agree that WJ is 'too little, too late.' The original mold was pretty close to perfect. The KB one was the same but bigger, and it seems like the AOYI version made things even better. At this point, though, I have enough Siege OPs, so bring on the OSKO Earthrise OP with a retooled waist, matching wheels, silver trailer, repair bay updates and a Roller! (that'd be my wishlist)

• Like Like x 1