The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah, that price is insane.

I might be able to help you with a RaiRyu, but my others have either been sold or customized. I still have to verify if RaiRyu is fully intact / complete (I think so). No box of course, but I should have the GekiRyuJin head attachment and chest piece.

Of course, it probably won't be worth it with shipping from Canada to Germany. :( 

zmog

• Like Like x 2
  2. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

I unfortunately sleep on it too long, thinking I could pick it up whenever, now it's basically sold out everywhere I order from.

3. bacems

bacems Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    I don't know how cheap it is in the US, but over here that is not the case. The official is wayy over my budget, which is why i am hoping for a KO.

4. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Just wondering if MP44 has been KOed yet?

5. snip312

snip312 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any hopes of KOs of the seacons, both god Neptune and Poseidon?

6. Masterpiece Collector

Masterpiece Collector Member

Recently purchased a few MP’s from amazon and eBay. Anyone know somewhere to find specific differences to verify if they are legit or ko.

MP-22 ultra Magnus (amazon, crossing finger is not a ko)
    MP-11 coronation star scream (almost certain has to be a ko)
    MP-11 thunder cracker (almost certain this one will be a ko)

7. oneyouknowleast

oneyouknowleast Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope so. The retail price after conversion amd shipping to Canada is getting into 3rd combiner territory but for CW Limbs, hard to find the value in it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. snip312

snip312 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah,$200 for CW bots is pricey

9. SMOG

I think the commonly accepted term is "highway robbery".

Hasbro be gouging like a MF on those Seacons. :/

zmog

• Like Like x 4
  10. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

Hasbro?

11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not sure how many times it needs to be said on these forums, but... THE SEACONS ARE IMPORTS, AS SUCH HASBRO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR BASELINE PRICING AND ISN'T EVEN CHARGING A MARKUP THROUGH PULSE TO IMPORT THEM

• Like Like x 1
  12. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    To be fair, if something is being offered for sale on HasbroPulse, I automatically assume its hasbro affiliated?

And I know I am out of the loop on seacons, but I only ever seen them offered on Pulse myself (tried other sites, no luck)... so yeah, even I thought they were straight hasbro?

Besides, I'm still jaded I could never lock in an order for a full set before they were sold out... again, late to the game.:confused: 

13. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even on pulse they’re branded as Transformers Takara Tomy Generations Selects right on their product pages. Hasbro generations selects are branded as Transformers Generations Selects
    45D7B095-A1B6-4A68-930A-3FAB634B0B02.png 9CB98EBA-9D95-4A49-B31C-A7D33AA9C0DE.png 7E7F20B9-7842-42A0-93A2-A06C35FC96DB.png

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  14. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    Smaller production runs means higher pricing. Its why Takara-Tomy stuff is always more expensive, even on main line items after the brands unification. And these made-to-order exclusives have even smaller production runs.

If Hasbro was doing such small production runs on their stuff, they’d be similarly priced.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SMOG

Meh. Tomato, tomaahto. Close enough. :rolleyes2 

Takara is the original gouging master. Hasbro is just the student, eagerly learning how to exploit a collector market with exhorbitant pricing.

zmog

• Like Like x 2
  16. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And again, the seacons are not hasbro price gouging, stop pretending like it is

17. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does it even matter who it’s under of not. Bottom line it is outrageously priced for some countries to be even be considered by a casual collector or even some of the more dedicated one I’ve seen. Why bog up the thread with bitch squibbling about minuscule details Jesus.

Now back on the point of the thread. I’m holding out that BMB or JJB does a set of the “Transformers Generations Select Seacons” like they have some of the other combiners. I preordered God Neptune but if some pics or really really strong rumor hits about them getting done I’m canceling ASAP hopefully before it’s too late.

• Like Like x 3
  18. SMOG

I said it's pretty much the same thing... Hasbro or Takara doesn't really matter, be it Seacons or main line Hasbro stuff or overpriced box sets. Again, Hasbro is already price-gouging, following the same path as Takara - of targeting the collector market with increasingly manufactured exclusivity and predatory pricing. What are you not getting about this in your mad rush to overcorrect pedantic and largely irrelevant details?

Do you think Hasbro needs a white knight? Here, in the KO thread? Nobody cares. There are other windmills for you to joust... elsewhere.

This guy gets it. Thank you.

zmog

• Like Like x 2
  19. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awfully quick to try and silence me by calling me a white knight (seriously, come up with new material, that crap is over played). “Predatory pricing”? Guess you don’t buy anything at retail then because transformers generations is actually one of the best values for the money among comparable action figure lines.

Excuse me for apparently being one of the few on these boards that actually cares about facts, pedantic or not

20. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    On one hand you're right, revoltech and sh figuarts agree. On the other, they ain't either. Figures that sell on the same price have ab crunches, better arm articulafion, and double knees and toe bend, and not hollow. Transformers can't justify that price. Sh figuarts are available at that price. Of course I think he's talking about pirannacon, not mainline. That, I agree with. Except combiner wars molds.

But more importantly, this is a ko space. If you're right at that point, this is a ko thread. We're here to wish for a cheaper item for better bang. So arguing the point here is moot. This is a thread for ko lovers. So so while whiteknighting is a cliche description, it isn't correct. Don't walk into the lions den with that kind of defense, because this is a thread for kos. But what do I know, I'm just a surfer for threads. Its fun to read discussions like these.