The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Tranceblade

Tranceblade Gone Fishin'

Begging for coupons lmao

2. Bluecowbowling

Bluecowbowling Well-Known Member

I wasnt begging for anything I was just curious if there was anything I was missing... When I joined ShowZ they gave me a First time buyers coupon which I used right off the bat on my first purchase and this had since crossed my mind when I signed up at Sirtoys. Was just hoping to save a few bucks seeing how I am blowing $300+ on K/O toys that dont cost anywhere near that to produce let alone ship... Besides ShowZ has free shipping on orders over a certain amount so I dont see why there competitors cant do the same... Just my 2 cents - sorry if I am just coming a crossed as a cheap skate at heart!!

3. LE0KING

LE0KING M.T.O.

How big is the handle, is it your standard 5mm?

4. SirToys

SirToys OS Multicolor KO

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, it's mostly the YouTube reviewers that use them, they get coupons when people click their links. :) 

You reminded me to browse through my customer list and update profile discounts. (if they've spent over 1K I set it to 5% off).

• Like Like x 3
  5. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    I should be at 50% off by that math, :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  6. RoDu

RoDu Well-Known Member

I picked up a ko of G1 Brawn. Pretty nice, never had one as a lad, and I got some reprolabels as it didn't come with stickers, or his hook hands. It has Backland's fists instead. And I'm fine with that, he will just be a stand in till Brawn gets a reissue, if ever

7. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't tell you how many times I have called them and said "Just hold it. I'll come pick it up."

North Houston holds nothing. It's a sorting center ghost town.

8. Bluecowbowling

So you spent $10k huh....?? Lets see some pictures of your $10k worth of Transformers..!!

9. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    I could actually believe it from that guy! He has some awesome stuff!

10. Bluecowbowling

Oh I dont doubt it, I just wanna see what figures he wasted that kinda of money on.. Sure wish I was rich and could waste $10k on toys :( 
    Unfortunately I have to save up for several months at a time just to get a few figures...

11. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

Rich?

Jesus Christ. I spend roughly a grand a month on my hobbies and I'm very firmly middle class.

• Like Like x 3
  12. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    Here's just my most recent purchase from @SirToys , and it arrived only a few days ago.
    Screenshot_20200401-222108_Chrome.jpg
    Thanks for the faith, brotha. :thumb 

And with that, it seems revealing anything at this point would only stifle your already demeaning accusations (wasted money and the like)... but I can at least confirm an amount for you.

Screenshot_20200401-222029_Chrome.jpg

I didn't always make good money, but even back in the days on minimum wage... I didn't despise others for having what I didn't.

Sorry you have to save for so long... things will get better.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Bluecowbowling

Prove it...

14. Bluecowbowling

I never ever said I despised anyone, I was just trying to say $10k must net you an amazing amount of figures and I wanted to see some pics.Not that I didnt beleive or even despised anyone. Also not that wasting money is a bad thing when used on a hobby, but lets be real here they are just "toys".Amazingly cool toys but toys none the less..
    By the way I am middle aged here with a wife and kids and we barely scrape by with both my wife and I having a 16 hour a day job, 7 days a week... Just baffles me how the heck you guys do it, where do you find all this extra money??

15. Soma

Soma Well-Known Member

Don't worry man, I find it hard to excuse my own 2k a year or so habit... we've all got different capabilities and standards and you don't need to worry about what other people are spending, as long as you're having fun yourself! They're being dicks by not just showing you what you asked about (haul and collections pics are fun guys, I really don't think he was casting shade).

16. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    To be real with you, I didn't always have the income.

Go back 10 years, and I didnt have job, homeless, and sleeping in a closed down warehouse at night to stave off the cold... I had my hybrids to fend for, and they needed food - I literally recycled trash to buy them dog food that might last 2 weeks if rationed.

Luckily I got a job and borrowed enough money to have gas for the first 2 weeks of that job before a paycheck could repay that debt.

Fast forward to today, I am married, 3 children of my own, a job that went from part time to full time, and thankfully... my hybrids are still with me today - my reason to succeed.

Now I make 30 an hour, and can work as much as I want... but for the first few years, I couldn't say no - lowest guy on the totem pole couldn't go home early.

Here's 2 pics of my reasons I HAD to succeed back then, when I could have just given up. (Taken just now)

We all deserve to succeed, I just hope you all find what makes it possible in life to get you there.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  17. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    Up here... ^

Might wanna reel this comment in and recheck his actual desires... look up.

18. CoolerKing

CoolerKing Me fanstoys!

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    That's from S Korea
    로커스트(locust), F-15 이글(eagle)

19. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure you have the G1 versions of those, but I'm actually curious as to your plans with these multicoloured ones, especially since you got extra limb bots for Superion & Bruticus. ;) 

Am planning to get these G1 versions in my next haul. May also get an extra Blast Off to repaint as Quickslinger, not sure yet.

I always thought the CW combiners looked ugly, and I couldn't justify getting them at Hasbro prices myself, but CBB makes it cheap enough to not think twice. :) 

Although you don't mean it, the way you said it implied that he made a poor decision with his finances.

Just be mindful of how you say things. Not everyone understands your intentions when you use negative connotations.

• Like Like x 1
  20. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well to address your request to see other pics taken, I’d recommend using tfw’s search feature on a user, select the check box to keep the search to this thread, and then scroll through the results and select the ones that the attachment syntax and/or language leading up to it that might imply a pic of a lot.
    (If you’re on a computer, right click & open in new tab or new window allows your search results to remain as you continue to peruse). There’s even a tfw thread dedicated to a game where people post a pic of a figure and whomever can post a pic from their collection of the same figure, can then challenge the thread with a pic of a different figure from their collection. Going through that thread, you’ll see a lot of oddball figures, often times collaged

As for obtaining extra money for hobbies like this, another relief on funds could be when/if one gets to the point of owning a home, thereby eliminating monthly rent or monthly mortgage payments (there are still utilities and taxes, so not free and clear entirely). A few years ago I got a house (my first, and currently only). It was in a neighborhood close to my job, and since it was under foreclosure and ‘needed’ a lot of work (according to many other people) it was much less expensive than other houses in the area; but hey, I’m fine with KOs that are of lower quality than originals, so why not a home? ;) 
    I mention that because it might be a goal you might want to consider pursuing for your future. Having a vision or target for it, increases focus towards it as a goal and thereby increases the chances of achieving it. For me personally, I didn’t get to that point overnight (I was in my late 30s when I got the house), and on a single hand (with fingers left over) I can count the number of people that knew the living conditions I underwent before then.

Pics of your hybrids are cool and all, but I’d prefer to see pics of those colorful hybrid KO ravage alternators that you beat me out for, and Paul can’t seem to find more of. :lol 
    I was hesitant to go to my sirtoys history and see my bottom line, but eventually did:confused: {*ooof*}. And despite the reaction the responsible side of my brain has about it, I will say that Paul @SirToys has been good to me.

Lastly, as consolation, you’re about 6months away from it being 7years since your first sirtoys purchase, which would be ~$1600 a year ($133 a month). Not so bad for this outlet of entertainment, especially if people do a self assessment on other forms of entertainment they put money into, be it movies (theaters and/or dvds, Blu-ray’s, cassettes which were more prevalent pre-streaming), sports (professional games, events, clothes, etc.) and a wide variety of other things.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2