The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. SirToys

SirToys OS Multicolor KO

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I've had the Armed Champion and the Bugatti bot. The Able Star figure seems familiar but might be a new design.

DSC00991_Armed_Champion_Martial_Mecha_Saga.jpg

Actually the one you found isn't a Bugatti :)  I'd like to get both now like a twin fighting team.

DSC04926_Drift_AoE_White.jpg

Also an Armed Champion remold. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  2. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    i would actually buy this

3. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

FYI there is a pre-order page up for MP44 KO on Showz:
    [Pre-Order] 4th Party Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Version 3.0

It's sold out currently but apparently they will increase stock and preorders as time goes by.

I'm still unsure whether I want this or TE-01 v4 but I put a pre-order down for both so I guess I'll see in half a year, haha.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Does anyone here have both ss38 and the mp10-v Trailer? I want to know if there's an adapter or a need for one.

5. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    Preordered

6. weevil

weevil Let's dance!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
  7. weevil

weevil Let's dance!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That Box looks like Siege box.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm holding out for more information and more options. Hopefully, MP-44 KO's will be as popular as MP-36 was for KO companies and we'll get a range of options - Mat, glossy, metallic, with/without a trailer, with/without sound, with/without random accessory "x".

No way it will sell out, they'll be pumping these out for a long time.

And I worry that the first to rush one to market will cut corners, especially given the state of manufacturing in China. Of course, Takara already cheaped out on most of the materials and finishes (not that you'd know it from the price) so the bar is set pretty low.

• Like Like x 3
  9. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Indeed. It's mentioned in the video.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Grindar

Grindar Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I mean, sometimes it's better than Aliexpress always taking the seller's side...have gotten items that weren't even close or missing major things and gotten a 2 or 3% refund.

11. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd Consider an MP-44 KO once they make one in a colour scheme that doesn't involve any white plastic.

12. kjata

kjata Well-Known Member

The MP-10V trailer uses a pair of parallel tabs, whereas SS-38's trailer hitch is a 5mm peghole. The trailer tabs can rest right on top of the hitch and the heights work out perfectly, which means you can at least display it as-is. If you want it sturdier than that, the tabs are more than 5mm apart, so it shouldn't be too hard to work up an adapter or just permanently attach a 5mm peg to the trailer.

• Like Like x 1
  13. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I don't use either, only trusted, "mainstream" shops, like Sirtoys, etc.

14. Melody303

Melody303 Music chick

I ordered quite a bunch of KO's over a month ago from different sellers on ebay & aliexpress. A bunch of Pocket Toys and MFT's and such, and also some huge ones, like the YX cell shaded Optimus Prime, the Wei Jiang LW Grimlock, and two huge combiners (Jinbao Nero Rex & Jinbao Warbotron).

Most of the Legends scaled bots have arrived and I'm really happy with them.
    A couple of days ago the YX MPP10 arrived, and I have to admit I'm feeling a bit of buyer's remorse. I'm kinda regretting ordering the larger bots.
    I went and took a look at the other big bots I'm waiting on from aliexpress. Nero Rex still hasn't shipped (over a month has passed since I placed the order), so I cancelled the order on those grounds. The Jinbao Warbotron shows up as having shipped, but its tracking number doesn't seem to exist, and purchase protection is a couple of days from running out, so I requested a refund on it too.

I'm hesitant about Wei JIang's Grimlock, but didn't cancel the order (it hasn't shipped yet either, btw), mostly because a bunch of my legends figures could probably ride him in dino mode, which would be fun too.

There's not much point to this post. I'm just venting.

• Like Like x 1
  15. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Which OS cell shade optimus?

There are 2 IIRC... MPP10, and MMP10.

Mpp10 has diecast, rubber tires, and the exact same transformation as mp10.

Mmp10 is all plastic, including plastic tires, and the transformation is simplified... especially the legs.

Don't feel bad about venting in here... welcome to KO's. ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  16. Melody303

Melody303 Music chick

It's MMP10 according to the instruction sheet that came with. I got it from here, for $73.64 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000118882038.html
    He looks great. A little darker than expected, but that's not a problem for me. My two issues are that I was hoping for more articulation at that price (since most of my legends have greater articulation at far lower price points), and that it turns out that scale is just too large for my liking.

As for the ones I requested refunds on. I spent a bit less than $130 for Jinbao's Nero Rex (driven by FOMO, a good price, and the fact they are my favorite colors), and around $77 for Jinbao's Warbotron (just a great looking gestalt, a good price, and a lot of good word of mouth here on the forums), but with their huge sizes, I wouldn't be surprised to feel some more buyer's remorse if/when they arrive, hence the cancellation.

Among the ones that arrived and I was delighted with is Pocket Toys' KO of IF War Giant, with the fantastically colored helicopter bot, the space shuttle bot (whose main color isn't my kinda thing even, but he looks like a crossbreed between an adorable teddy bear and a murderbot you wouldn't mess with), and the jeep bot who's a super adorable chonky boy that I can't help but smile each time I see.

Man, I need more IF's, or preferably, cheap KO's thereof. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Melody303

Melody303 Music chick

Say hello to my little friends. :p 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  18. comicmikez

comicmikez Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if this is a KO G1 Prowl, and if so, more info about it? The yellow marks on the head and the blue & red sirens greatly differ from the authentic and make me assume it's a bootleg.

s-l1600-1.jpg s-l1600.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Gundam & Micron Densetsu Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Got myself a KO SS-38 from Aoyi Mech a few days ago, just to see what's it like and if there's any welcoming changes from the original SS-38 for curiosity's sake.

Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg

(Aoyi Mech SS-38 KO on the left, Original SS-38 at the right)

Even knowing what I'm getting, the KO is still a bit of an mixed bag. The inclusion of some die-cast parts does adds some heft to the figure, I like the fact that the head panel was actually secured with a metal pin on the KO, and the shade of red used on the KO does looks more premium and eye-catching than the original; The price for the KO was also more cheaper than the original, which makes the KO a potential option for those who can't find the authentic SS-38 for a reasonable price.

On the other hand, the Aoyi Mech KO isn't without its faults; Due to the bizarre omission of some of the tabs at the panels that will form the lower legs, the lower legs manages to holds itself together even worse than the original despite the use of a less flexible material; Some of the joints are also looser than my authentic SS-38 and there are some paint chipping on the die-cast metal parts even just straight out of packaging.

I can see why someone sees the KO as a potential option for owning the SS-38 mold and for what I pay for for the KO (I pay MYR 38 for the KO, around USD 9) I pretty much get what I expected, but if you have the chance to get the real deal you'll be better off getting the real SS-38.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Melody303

Melody303 Music chick

I'm waiting on an order of the black version of that AOYI Mech Prime myself, which'll be my third Prime (after the YX Cell shaded MMP10 and the legend scaled KBB Commander). It was around $13.