The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    No, those are smaller and too simple

2. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Model Wizard God of War??

4. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NE-01 is really good, in my opinion. Just be aware that WJ makes really, really firm locking tabs - the first time you transform him will take enough force you'll feel it's going to break, though thankfully mine didn't. Definitely an impressive figure, though, and easily the cleanest MP Megs around.

If I had to nitpick any negatives it's strictly down to the alt mode. The short "stock" is just plain odd (his feet gotta go somewhere, I guess). The "Laserbeak" silencer is also a little weird, but as a gimmick it's very cool.

• Like Like x 1
  5. optimall

optimall Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't usually respond to comments like yours, but this one I will, what's wrong with them?
    They have beautiful stiff joints, vibrant colours, plastic feels great, good paint apps, and they are a third of the price.
    What the hell do you want?

• Like Like x 2
  6. optimall

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Out off all these I would be lucky to have a single official figure that could hold up legends shockwave in gun mode the joints are so sloppy.

I love the fact the skittles are nice and firm, also great to finally have options other than the norm.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    What in the blue hell torso is this?

Screenshot_20191121-003621_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. weevil

weevil R.I.P Zubat's family 1996 - 2019

News Credits:
    Twitter:
  9. optimall

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ebay custom. Not a great one but it did the job.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
  11. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

I knew what I was getting for the price. I just saw several posts praising their quality, one or two claiming they were better than the legit toys.

Which is so much bullshit.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

So what I'd like to know then, is this... is the Defensor set notably lower quality? Is that one jigging the stats? My CBB boxset Defensor was definitely looser. Everything felt lighter, the joints were somewhat weaker, and the molded detail just felt a tiny bit softer. Not terrible for the price and the paint job... but definitely a lower grade.

I can't comment on the other CBB sets, so I'd be curious whether that's consistent across all of them. Maybe these skittle-sets are maybe a bit better, even?

zmog

13. RyanCharlie

I don't own the previous CBB sets but these feel very light. Maybe flimsy isn't the correct word but the plastic quality is noticeably of a lower quality than Hasbro. Many of the joints are very loose and things don't peg in all that well. There's a few mold changes (the chestplate on Bruticus is missing some tabs) but what are you gonna do.

14. SMOG

Okay, yeah... that sounds pretty similar to the CBB Protectobots I had. Thanks.

zmog

15. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

I think in another thread (about the downsized, G2-colors Devastator KO) I saw an all-red Defensor. Anyone know anything about that?

16. RyanCharlie

Yeah, that's among the KOs I was talking about. It's just the CBB set in goofy colors.

CBB CW Defensor Red - Combiner - SirToys.com

17. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

Oh man, I love it and I want it! CBB is pretty good quality, right? Annnnnd not upsized either, is it? Just normal size? I think I need to buy this, it can be my Guard City.

18. optimall

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I am going argue with you RyanCharlie. Clearly you have made up your mind and will constantly be a prick about your opinion on it. You could just state that you dont agree, but you have to throw insults in with it.

SMOG, yes the red defensor is a KO for sure and is below par. I couldn't get most parts to close well and the joints were loose. They still look great, but that is it.
    Unlike what RC did for me I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he got some bad skittles or I got some good ones, but mine tab in perfectly. The skittles dont feel flimsy at all, all the joints are tight as hell, maybe a little too tight, but for me thats terrific.

I am not telling anyone to buy these, I was just sharing my excitement over finally having some new CW blood.

• Like Like x 5
  19. RyanCharlie

"I am going argue with you"

Okay cool, I'm not sure I'd be able to decipher your sentences with grammar like that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SMOG

Yes, the CBB CW sets are all normal size, and should be compatible with official CW stuff. On overall quality, the consensus seems to be that they are a bit worse than official grade, but are still close enough to be acceptable considering the reasonable price.

My experience with the CBB Defensor set is that I could tell it was a KO, and decided not to use it to replace my officials (even though I did like the Takara deco). Also, it's good to be VERY careful with the unfolding ladder/chest armour for Defensor. The tiny hinge pegs broke very easily on one of mine (though admittedly, I was attempting to pop the armour off the hinge, so I was subjecting it to more-than-normal strain). It does indicate the plastic is more brittle though. Based on what I've heard a few places, the Defensor set might be a bit worse than the others.

Also, inconsistency is a common issue with KO Transformers, so one person may get a bad batch, while someone else get a set that holds up just fine.

zmog

• Like Like x 2