The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

I want all of these.

Paul, get on this shit.

• Like Like x 3
  2. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My friend Grimmy (ChaosLock) found these today in Auchan stores (Hungary, Budapest) - seems to be Series 2 of the EmCo Pocket Morphers! They still turn into various futuristic war machines but no longer combine into a robot - now they can combine into 2-piece or 5-piece larger vehicles, or into "Master Bl43ster" which is a giant tank. :) 
    20191018_170208.jpg
    20191018_170214.jpg
    20191018_170220.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    It's really cute how the combined mode names reflect sum of the numbers used. Like Bl45ter's "45" is the sum of the numbers the figures turn into.

• Like Like x 4
  4. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn’t even notice that during a quick glance at the pic. Just initially thought of the vehicle voltron’s sea/land/air teams’ combined modes. Now I’m wondering what other options could be made via connection points and creative name making. What an additional way to engage kids, both big and small!!! It’s almost like a boggle with numbers.
    I’m even thinking of alternate ways to play, like the numbers being a part of the word, and not just (or necessarily) the sum. Their 6riffon could be 6r1ffon5 (griffons) since it’s using the ‘1’ and ‘5.’
    “gO, 90 yellow combo”
    (and no, that’s not a racist statement to encourage Chinese creativity, the ‘9’ and ‘0’ are the only yellow bots).:gen069: 
    So, be ‘7end3r’ [10-der] in your responses. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What are your impressions of the Galavatron repaint ? Is his Quality as good as they usually are ?

The Green Tank is : Treds (2004) - Destron - www.tfu.info (and the Go Bot he's based on)
    Treads - Guardian - www.tfu.info

The Cyclonus is similar to the repaint that was on one episode of the 3rd season of the cartoon where he is more or less shown in Rodimus colours - also similar to Shattered Glass Cyclonus

The Blue Powerglide is similar to Dogfight and Viper. Then we have Sunstorm/ Novastorm and Pipes.
    As for the Galvatron he's a bit of an odd man out - some have suggested he could be Galvatron 2. (I myself thought perhaps this might be what Galvatron might look like if he was created from a G2 Megatron instead of a G1 Megatron).
    I suppose he could also be a G2 Shattered Glass Galvatron too.

I wish they'd not cancelled the IDW/Generation Clear Starscream though - I was looking forward to that.
    Although they are a bit bigger sometimes that what fits with some things - I have the Machine Boy / MFT Nemesis Prime sitting next to MFT Chromedome on my shelf and he looks perfectly fine with him (Same applies to the Optimus and Megatron), The likes of Huffer, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee, Treads, Powerglide, Warpath and Pipes work pretty well with a Hasbro Deluxe too.

Hopefully they have another giftset in them sometime.

6. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Galvatron is tight, but his knees are a little too tight. Although he can bend them fine, swivelling them causes them to pop out. You've got to hold the joint in place while swivelling.

Also, I got the set just to get Viper and Tredds (as Sirtoys wasn't selling them individually anymore).

ZomboDroid 19102019071442.jpg

Treds - Transformers Wiki

Cheers. I own the original OSKO Powerglide, so I know about him. The KO 3P Legends figures were new to me. As no instructions came with them (Sirtoys threw the boxes away..hurrumph), I had to YouTube the original/ko versions too fond out about Cyclonus' chest going down and Galvatron's lower legs folding back (instead of the knees, which was my first thought).

Btw, Cyclonus' cockpit lacks the peg inside it, used to peg into the hole in the back of his head in alt mode. As that peg wasn't designed well, and was prone to come off, it's been omitted in this version. This means we can turn the head around so only the back of it appears in alt mode.

Screenshot_20191019-073309.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  7. Max Tower

News Credits:
    I was wondering about the Chinese exclusive Red AOE Galvatron redeco's quality.
    I already have that Machine Boy set myself.

Incidentally those Overscale (Voyager+ size) Legends have some variations - some have metal, some plastic, and there is also a newer release with the minicon-Targetmasters included with them. I do wish they'd made an Ironhide though and not just Ratchet.

8. JomasterII

JomasterII The Space Consultant from Jolo

News Credits:
    I really wish we could hunt those releases down again, because they seem to have just disappeared from the internet.

9. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I don't think we were discussing the voyager sets? Anyway, the "JD Red Knight" is great, as it's an official Hasbro TF. I was surprised that Paul was able to still get them after all this time. The figures don't come with Galvatron's gun though. In the video for this figure, he had a robot dog partner (the mascot for JD, apparently), but they didn't include that either. I'm going to give the figure a run arms micron or ko weapon in the future.

Oh, that reminds me; the (right) elbow is a bit loose, and couldn't support holding a Titan Masters Swoop weapon mode...

10. Max Tower

News Credits:
    No, not at all I mentioned it as you posted your order summary which has the larger Optimus on it. That was why I brought the topic up.

I don't suppose the dog is anything at all like the Leadfoot Human Alliance Dog ?

11. SirToys

SirToys OS Multicolor KO

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ID fun time.

IMG_20191019_085047.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  12. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    Looks like Cybertron Unicron. With those colors and the head off to the side, I’m a bit scared to ask what the robot mode of that looks like. lol

• Like Like x 5
  13. JomasterII

JomasterII The Space Consultant from Jolo

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Yep, definitely a modified version of Cybertron Unicron.

• Like Like x 5
  14. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    There are a number of these videos, but in this one, you can see the dog. It's a consumer-robot style version of the JD company's mascot (similar to the types of robot toys you see in the shops) :

-

• Like Like x 1
  15. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here are some more pics, Játékshop has all of them listed and they even have names!
    And indeed, love that the numbers in the text refer to the sum of them! Heck even their names have the number in them!
    Pocket Morphers játékok vásárlás a Játékshopban
    0=Phant0m (missile truck)
    pocket-morphers-s2-0-phantom.jpg
    1=K1ckback (cannon)
    pocket-morphers-s2-1-k1ckback.jpg
    2=Bu2zard (tank)
    pocket-morphers-s2-2-bu2zard.jpg
    3=Br3aker (machine gun tank)
    pocket-morphers-s2-3-br3aker.jpg
    4=Cr4cker (fighter jet)
    pocket-morphers-cr4cker-vadaszgep.jpg
    5=5torm (anti-aircraft gun)
    pocket-morphers-5-5torm-legvedelmi-agyu.jpg
    6=6uardian (troop carrier)
    pocket-morphers-6-6uardian-duplarotoros-helikopter.jpg
    7=7riton (bomber jet)
    pocket-morphers-7-7riton-bombazo-repulo.jpg
    8=CR8ter (aircraft carrier)
    pocket-morphers-8-cr8ter-anyahajo.jpg
    9=9auntlet (armored car)
    pocket-morphers-9-9auntlet-harckocsi.jpg

I also found them on ebay:
    EMCO POCKET MORPHERS SERIES 2 COMBINE ALL NUMBERS TO CREATE MASTER BLASTER 0-9 | eBay

And here are some of the combinations. Love that the total does add up with the number-names!
    Also seems the CGI art shows 0 and 3 mixed up in color. It is 0 and 9 that are yellow, and 2 and 3 that are blue.
    Pocket Morphers S2-16.jpg Pocket Morphers S2-17.jpg Pocket Morphers S2-18.jpg Pocket Morphers S2-19.jpg Pocket Morphers S2-20.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  16. Max Tower

News Credits:
    If that is a 1-1 KO that Unicron might make the original toy look spiffy with those Gold spines place on it.
    I wonder if they are an intercompatible size ?

As for the JD doggie - perhaps they make some sort of branded Keychain or something that could at least stand in for the Doggie.

He looks easy enough for someone to make if they are artistically inclined.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ultra Reverb

Ultra Reverb Well-Known Astro-Creep

News Credits:
    If you're near (or know someone near) the San Diego Zoo, I saw them there this summer.

• Like Like x 1
  18. weevil

weevil CHUG Fan!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Ferrari Unicron, neat. Robot mode have much changed?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Enfin

Enfin Destron

Power Trailer alt mode looks good. Power Trailer bot mode looks like Magneto about to attach a grill to a truck working in a factory :D 

I really dig that panda bot. I would appreciate more info about it.

That red truck looks really good. I would like to know more about that as well.