The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I'm wwll aquainted with that problem :) 
    Thanks for the pictures. But that is waaay to large for me :) 

• Like Like x 1
  2. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    My wife said the same thing... wait, what?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ravage Cosplaying as a Batmobile - I think I can approve that Message. Good mix and max potential if those items do get released.
    I think this idea may actually be stronger than the Headmasters though.

It's a shame Wei Jiang never finished their Stunticons (as yet) as they are thus very open for a G2 repaint on it too.
    But then I guess if someone did request a G2 Breakdown from them - and it sold they might see the merit in completing the collection (especially as they can get so much else out of doing so - such as Mirage, Optimus & there is not much effort required to make Dead End as it is - it's more or less just a new head & minor changes on OSKO Streetwise. I can understand if they do not want to overscale everything - they may not see the original line in the cross-branded way we do.. Not to mention BMB are doing the same thing with a slightly smaller size too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    That's true, but he doesn't always reply to history comments at his site and we can only use PayPal. Sites like ShowZ and TFDirect have email correspondence and can accept credit cards via a vendor (TF Direct) or via PayPal without joining (Show Z). I've had to cancel a recent order with Sirtoys, due to his PayPal (account?) only accepting PayPal (with no option to just "pay by card" at the PayPal page, like other sites have).

Also, I don't like having to keep on asking for "boxed" toys. I understand the reasons for thinking the boxes, but I think they should always be boxed (in storage at the site) and then removed only if the customer didn't tick a box. The other sites send most stuff in boxes (without the need to ask). Shipping is also "free" at the other sites (although the prices are a little more expensive).

It's a shame, because of the payment, packaging and communication problems, I've slowly gone to buying all of my KO stuff from Show Z and Tf Direct.

I hope Paul can add some improvements to fix these problems, though. I'd love to start using the site more.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  5. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime Autobot and N7 for life

I've found that if the shipping is free but at a higher cost than everywhere else, it's not really free shipping since the cost of shipping is being folded into/hidden into the asking price.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I always do the math when I'm looking at ShowZ and TFdirect... sometimes the free shipping really is a bargain, other times, I still end up paying more than I would if I went with Sirtoys. This is because I pretty much always use the "on hold" feature at Sirtoys now. I often check out sales at those other sites, and sometimes they carry stock that Paul doesn't... but Sirtoys is usually the best and most economical option for me.

I can understand why people might be frustrated by Paul's default no-box policy. For me, it just means I save more on shipping, and I have less junk to recycle on this end. I've been trying to move away from hanging on to packaging, though sometimes it can be part of the charm for some KO items.

Likewise, Paypal-only can be an issue for those who prefer not to use PP. However, I've never had a problem "paying by card" through the PP interface at Sirtoys. Also, I've always gotten replies to my emails, so I can't comment on your correspondence woes.

That said, there are other stores, and I've gotten good service from the two you mentioned in the past. It's just a preference thing. I'm sure if spokesmen for TFdirect and ShowZ wanted to participate more in the KO discussion here on this forum it would be cool. More news and hook-ups are more news and hook-ups, right? :) 

zmog

• Like Like x 2
  7. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    I could never get the "on hold" feature to work for me. Either I bought it and the items were sent automatically, or I'd put them on hold and then couldn't pay for them (and eventually they would get removed from my "on hold" list).

I still think Sirtoys needs to use a "Plan B" vendor, like these:

- Best Credit Card Processors of 2019 | ConsumerAffairs

As for emails, I don't understand. Paul has stated that he doesn't "do" emails and has asked us to use the "history" (or equivalent) sections of the site instead.

8. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Free shipping doesn't excist. It never did. Nice people do.

• Like Like x 4
  9. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That’s kind of how free shipping works

• Like Like x 4
  10. stprime

stprime Nuclear Hurricane

Just reordered SK2 Upgrade kit. My last was canceled and refunded.

11. Shepard Prime

Depends. Some vendors act like they're not charging you for the shipping costs when they definitely are. Some don't when they say free shipping.

12. djtfmd

djtfmd Well-Known Member

i'm pretty sure when something is sold with "free shipping", it's universally understood that the actual price of the shipping is rolled into the price of the item.

on ebay, i actually strongly prefer sellers w/ "free shipping" because it makes it easier to comparison shop, and also because coupons/ebay bucks/etc. only apply to the item amounts (not the shipping)... =)

• Like Like x 2
  13. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nothing is free in life, if a seller is listing free shipping then they are getting something out of it, especially if its someone like an ebay seller. with shops like chosen prime, who offer free shipping on orders over $150, they are basically buying customer loyalty with that policy, but I assure you that they are not eating the cost on the shipping. Don't know how they do it but I do know its not truly free

• Like Like x 3
  14. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Probably by volume shipping. Wouldn't surprise me if Fedex or whoever (just throwing names out there) has a deal with them that lowers those costs enough that they could offer that option due to how much guaranteed business they bring to them. The fact that TCP offers free shipping while larger places like BBTS dropped it always left me with questions though.

• Like Like x 2
  15. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Honestly, source points, free shipping, order stacking, POL ... its all the same hype.

Anything to get your goat... what you gave to weigh in, is the customer service and the turn-around time.

When those equal out, then you can judge who is ripping you off.

P&D ladies and gentelmen.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Simple they ship for reduced price so it doesn't need to be much but in every item there is shipping.
    So if you have 1 item you save a few bucks but if that order lets say is 10 items it could be your paying twice for the shipping. And every one that doesn't reach the free shipping is contributing for the ones that do. Which means they always earn on the shipping. They only need to sell enough

Prefer the other way. Customs applies on the price and not the shipping.

• Like Like x 3
  17. SirToys

SirToys OS Multicolor KO

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I saw these at a toy fair a while ago, finally got them.

IMG20190823092302_Pint-sized_Diecast_Bots.jpg

Also, on a side note, this exists lol

IMG20190822100301_Trump_Vs_Kim_Boxing_Game.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  18. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz DIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-CLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  19. Shepard Prime

I want that pink Chevy bot! And the green Porsc--yeah, just all three. Cool lil' dudebots.

Re: the other.

Given their reletionship, it'd be more accurate that the game would be them ****ing...

• Like Like x 4
  20. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

You're right about e-mails. I had a longer history of emailing with Paul back and forth on some things, so he usually responded when I occasionally reached out to him, but since he integrated some of the note features on the website, he always reminds me that I should use the site tools instead.

It's weird that you're having trouble with the On Hold feature. It's pretty simple and always works fine for me. Are you using a heavily customized browser maybe?

You have to make sure the 'Order On Hold' box is checked before you click the Checkout button. Remember that the "I have read the Shipping Page" box also needs to be checked before it lets you proceed to the checkout page (so both little boxes are checked).

Just remember to do that every time, and your pile of loot will grow (appearing in your history as purchased orders, but without shipping charges). There's even a shipping meter that tells you when you're getting close to a maxed-out package. Whenever you buy something next -without- placing it on hold, you are charged shipping too, and the whole on-hold lot gets shipped.

If I couldn't use this feature, I probably wouldn't buy from Sirtoys as much. Since the items I'm interested in only appear slowly, I just add to it over a few months, and the shipping rarely goes higher than $40. My last order was a bit bigger... about 20 voyager-sized figures + some odds and ends.

I don't know the logistics of processing direct credit card payments, but I can see how those options would encourage more people... though Paypal serves for the time being for me. It's sort of the 'lingua franca' of online payments in this fandom.

Wow, that's some serious political satire in the form of a kid's toy! I suspect the toy was designed in the run-up to the actual summit, hence the combative tone.

zmog

• Like Like x 2