The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Welcome to the ko thread. ;) 

Gifs-Of-Deadpool-20.gif

• Like Like x 4
  2. LilPrime

LilPrime アマテラス

News Credits:
    I know this is kinda random, but do any of u guys know of a KO MP-10 that's exactly the same height as the Hasbro/takara one? Or are there just OS and that one voyager scaled one?

3. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Any version in particular?

There's the new cell shaded, and the electroplated at a quick search... i'm sure there's a normal version if you search more.

MP10 2D Comic Special Color Ver OptimuPrime Action figure Toy New instock ko | eBay

New MP10X Electroplated version Optimus Prime Action figure Toy New ko instock | eBay

You can always wantlist it at the ko store, err, I mean sirtoys too... might get lucky. :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  4. LilPrime

LilPrime アマテラス

News Credits:
    That second one looks actually pretty nice. I'm looking for a paint scheme that mirrors the Hasbro version. It's fine if one doesn't exist, cuz i'm actually considering that second one u showed me or a voyager scale

5. z3020878

z3020878 Active Member

i liked it better when the threads did not merge to here. Now it is hard to track the figures in this massive thread

• Like Like x 2
  6. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    Since I’m late to the party how many threads have been merged?

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Wow, I'm surprised these are still around. I got mine probably 15 years ago!

It's not the same quality as the originals from the 80s, to be sure. It feels a bit looser, more hollow, etc... the new molded details look a bit soft, and in mine, the springs for the landing gear have too much tension, so some of the plastic has deformed around them slightly, and one always pops open. A minor issue, but worth mentioning.

The rest of it is remarkably faithful to the original. It seems to have all the same joints and as the original (or close) making it really well-articulated for a 35-year-old design. The landing gear and the hip section is metal. The cockpit has a separate piece of clear plastic. For the prices they were going for years ago, it was a fantastic deal. :thumb 

There were a bunch of KO 1:1 MP-10s on the market several years ago, in original colours and several repaints. You don't see as many now, but occasionally a new one will surface. I never owned one, so I can't confirm the quality. Most of them are long sold-out, but Sirtoys still has several of them showing in the store:
    MP - 29 to 56 - SirToys.com

zmog

• Like Like x 1
  8. Laserpants

Laserpants Well-Known Member

Those are pretty cool. I like the dinosaur especially. Great find :) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. SMOG

Honestly, this is the only KO thread that I really followed, but I definitely appreciated that there were more detailed discussions of specific products available. This thread felt like the 'digest version' where I would see general news and inquiries, and then one could follow discussion on a particular item if there was a need.

I think that the KO market has changed CONSIDERABLY since this thread was originally created. It's no longer just a thread to post pictures of random candy-coloured oddities that people find in Chinatowns. The whole KO product landscape is radically evolved since that time, and is not unlike the 3rd Party scene in terms of the range of items, and the level of anticipation and discussion about each major release.

By dumping all the KO stuff into this thread, it shows that people have completely ignored the ways that the KO pocket of the Transformers scene has changed and grown into something new.

Preaching to the choir here, obvs... but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.
    zmog

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  10. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope those Cool Become Brave (or similar) KO's don't vanish into oblivion - I really want those - as legs and arms for Official bodies that lack them. As well as generic warriors. I also actually rather like the red emergency themed one it looked like an ideal consort for Victorion or a great set to use with POTP Inferno.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    i still primarily want the red onslaught to swap chests with inferno

• Like Like x 2
  12. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Oh yeah! No way in hell I'm gonna let the company fade away before I get a Menasor and g2 Superion.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Oh yeah. With Weij Jiang now seemingly moving away from chug ko CBB is all we got left. I hope they bring us much more fan-wishes like their undersized Devastator.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Omega495

Omega495 Mostly Harmless, aspiring Mistake Not

15. Fenrys

News Credits:
    quick question for those that might know, ive been looking into getting the blue mb ko of warbotron vortex to turn into rotorstorm. does the g1 rotorstorm head fit on the body withouth serious modding?

16. Blackhand

Blackhand Well-Known Member

First of all, I'd like to express my endless thanks @SirToys and @KOnceptArt for the Chief Fire. As you may have guessed, I'm amazed. Figure seems to be better than WJ's Hot Spot. Extremely fast shipping (around 5 days) and that extra figure (does SirToys always add something extra into package?), I really didn't deserve it, after all I only paid for shipping :) . You are awesome, guys.

1. Did anyone get that WJ Computron? It seems to be already released, many sellers have him listed at AliExpress, is it possible for all of them to be preorders :) ?

2. Any news regarding these "Skittles" CW combiners (Bruticus and Superion)?

2a. Any news regarding BMB KO of PotP Abominus?

• Like Like x 3
  17. SMOG

Which red emergency-themed set are you talking about? I thought all the CBB figures just replicated existing Hasbro/Takara combiner sets.

zmog

18. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for some multi colored jets, hopefully eventually POTP Darkwing mold but I'll take the Skydive mold. I want some easy bases to customize into Seekers

• Like Like x 3
  19. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

WJ has their own red fire response combiner, Fire King I think is the name. It has nothing to do with CBB. It sounds from the guy's post that he likes the Fire King combiner and wants to assemble a version of it using CBB's CW figures.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fenrys

News Credits:
    i think hes thinking of the saibotank sets that were shown off around the same time as the downscaled devastator, the red emergency set is behind the yellow cbb devastator
    images.jpg images2.jpg index.jpg

• Like Like x 4