The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. RatPT01

RatPT01 New Member

Just curious if anyone knows where I might be able to purchase this version of starscream. Sirtoys has it as sold out.

2. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

SirToys is the only place that has had it in stock in the last two years and even then it was like two copies. You're not gonna find one easy and it won't be cheap.

You can have mine for $1000.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    Anybody know where to get this from? Is it available and the name to search for?

4. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax FINAL ATTACKRIDE - MU-MU-MU-MUTED!

News Credits:
    Beautiful. I need to do something with mine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SirToys

SirToys OS Multicolor KO

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Found a yellow one.

IMG20190810103745_Digger_Truck_Bot_Yellow.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

It isn't out yet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

That sucks, mine is solid as a rock

• Like Like x 1
  8. dharmacon

dharmacon More Than Meets The Isle

News Credits:
    Been out of the TF game for a few years and am sort of getting back into it. One of the things I used to collect were various KOs, and in the years since I've been gone it seems like they've gotten a lot more sophisticated. That has me wondering...

1. What are the quality of the KO Masterpiece figures?
    2. What are the quality of the KO G1 "reissues"?
    3. I'm very intrigued by the various recolored KOs of G1 Optimus Prime. What is the quality here, and are these Chinese sellers reputable? (And yes, I can check their eBay feedback, but your feedback carries more weight.)
    4. Are there stores here in the U.S. that deal in KOs? I remember being able to score a bunch at Big Lots years back, but I've been to 2 BL stores recently and it seems they've seriously scaled back their toy inventory.

9. IceBearPrime

IceBearPrime Well-Known Member

1. What are the quality of the KO Masterpiece figures?

Ranges, IMO for display pieces they are great. For transforming more often, I feel thats where the deviation/quality starts to suffer and can break

2. What are the quality of the KO G1 "reissues"?

They dont smell like the original ;)  ... I'd say about the same as above. They look great in the box. The boxes look great, but are a bit thinner

3. I'm very intrigued by the various recolored KOs of G1 Optimus Prime. What is the quality here, and are these Chinese sellers reputable? (And yes, I can check their eBay feedback, but your feedback carries more weight.)

Same as 2 & 3

4. Are there stores here in the U.S. that deal in KOs? I remember being able to score a bunch at Big Lots years back, but I've been to 2 BL stores recently and it seems they've seriously scaled back their toy inventory.

There are a couple ebay dealers, Ive found a couple of the japanese sites that clearly label KO are amazing in customer service and packing, and outside of a 2-3 week delivery diff. are the same price

10. dharmacon

News Credits:
    Any Japanese sites in particular that you'd recommend?

11. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

It varies. Talking about the ones I have, the Weijiang MPP10 is very good and solid. The Takasa MP12 mold is garbage that cannot properly transform in bot mode while the MP18 mold is ok. The Robot Hero Soundwave is ok with some loose joints and the gun doesn't peg securely to the hand. The oversized Grimlock is good, again some looseness in the hips and on my copy the wires for the Light up gimmick in the right hand were severed after multiple transformations. The Kubianbao seeker mold is said to be more solid than the official but in my copy the fingers on the left hand broke and it developed cracks on the arms which lead to a broken shoulder when I installed the KFC hands (they were a tight fit so I had to apply pressure). The Star Saber KO is said to have tighter joints than the original.
    My personal experience is that while some KO improves some engineering of the originals, the plastic isn't always as durable and the screw are more probe to striping.

12. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

5. most impt...my wallet tells me to get the KO

• Like Like x 2
  13. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

2. I have a KO "Reissue" Sunstreaker. His chest window is clear, not smokey, but is otherwise a SOLID G1 figure. One of his feet has a little give to it, but that's not unheard of happening to any toys. For video reviews of those, I really like Bert The Stormtrooper's videos. Here's a link to Sunstreaker, you can find the other KOs very easily if you know how to YouTube. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  14. rasky

rasky Well-Known Member

Hi, I was wondering, did anyone receive this figure with the toes intact? If so, would you mind taking a photo for me so I can use as reference?

My toes were loose in the box when I received it, and I can't figure out for the life of me what order it's supposed to be in.

For some reason, they don't seem to properly mirror each other? I don't know if I got a wrong part of if they are all wrong like that?

Thank you! ironhide.jpg

15. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Wait this isn't the Bionicle forums

Will they ever be doing another run?

16. PlatypusRhyme

PlatypusRhyme Well-Known Member

If part of your interest is the mold itself, the DreamFactory KO OS of Starscream is still available on TF-Direct»

17. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Wait this isn't the Bionicle forums

It's too small ;-;

• Like Like x 1
  18. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Many ko’s are better than the originals, with added rubber tires, such as mp Tracks, all the way to full mold upgrades to correct issues, such os ko mp10 (mpp10).
    On the other hand some are on par with the originals and allow you save some dough in exchange for minor differences, such as the sunstreaker ko mentioned above.
    But they range in quality and makers, as well as in issues (there are 2-3 ultra magus kos). I would recommend checking the threads for the one you’re considering to know more about it :thumb 

19. dharmacon

News Credits:
    This is all great stuff! Thanks for all the info so far, everybody. Renidragon, thanks a lot for the video link. I just finished watching it and am amazed at the quality. I might just have to grab a couple of these.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I've gotten the G1 KOs of a lot of figures. The only real challenge is finding the good sellers on eBay, but the figures themselves are great. Maybe a slight loose joint here or there, but that's about it. A good rule of thumb looking for good sellers is for them to have feedback no less than 99% positive, and at least 200 feedback comments.