The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    That is so ugly, and at least 365 days behind its selling point... an arctic/urban camo would have won me over, but this isn't even the rid desert camo.

Battle gaia, or go home.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I'd like the Car Robot deco or even a G2 one - but I don't mind something original from time to time - it keeps things interesting.
    A nice deco might have been the blue low light camo deco (Like Van Damms' Trousers in the Streetfighter Movie) There is "some" justification for those colours - One could say it's "Desert Bruticus" Also some might like the grey gun and chest piece for the normal colour version too.

While it's not ideal or the most interesting possible colour scheme possible - I certainly don't hate it either. I'm certainly interested in seeing the individual robot & Vehicle modes in more detail sometime. I can see some of them looking really pretty damn good especially Swindle and Onslaught.

Sure the grey camo would have looked nicer but like I said I don't mind an original colour scheme from time to time (Like KBB Black Combiner Wars Tank Megatron for example). It wouldn't be that hard to customise it into the Sand coloured giftset deco either if you wanted to do that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ive never heard of there being a ko, but there are 3 versions, combiner wars, legends, and platinum. the best combo in my opinion is the combiner wars version with the crotch of either other version since the chest is two toned blue

4. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OMG I was wondering if there were hoof holes or if you were being cheeky!

Oh for a Battle Gaia!!!!! Yeah Baldigus/Ruination, or ANY "real" re-deco would have been an infinitely better choice.

But OTOH those molds are nice as can be (if this version keeps up the QC etc), and other than maybe Blast Off, I'm sure there's SOMEONE who would map well to each of those bodies in that color scheme. Which is not so say I want to make a combiner-team out of a bunch of random brown guys, but I will take 5 new guys who are head-swaps away from filling minor gaps!

(Which reasoning is 90% of the reason I spend so damn much time in KO world)

5. ankokushin

ankokushin Well-Known Member

[QUOTE = "neurowing, post: 16451713, miembro: 113465"] Tengo tanto el Ginrai de PE como el Core Magnus. Espero que lancen un Ginrai también, la clavija de rotación de la chimenea de mi original se rompió. También sería bueno si KBB incluye la cabeza de luz. [ATTACH = full] 28163555 [/ ATTACH] [ATTACH = full] 28163556 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]this hands in ginrai?

[QUOTE = "ankokushin, post: 16506018, miembro: 86088"] [QUOTE = "neurowing, post: 16451713, miembro: 113465"] Tengo tanto el Ginrai de PE como el Core Magnus. Espero que lancen un Ginrai también, la clavija de rotación de la chimenea de mi original se rompió. También sería bueno si KBB incluye la cabeza de luz. [ATTACH = full] 28163555 [/ ATTACH] [ATTACH = full] 28163556 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]
    estas manos en ginrai? [/ QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2019
  6. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

English, dude, English

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  7. fujikuro

fujikuro Well-Known Member

Hope showz gets this in soon.

8. Max Tower

News Credits:
    Someone mentioned it the other day saying they bought it from a chinese site with middle man service. I don't know anything about it though - as I'd not seen it before then either.

9. Max Tower

News Credits:
    I just like the excuse to buy another set then I can keep one of the sets in individual form some of the time - But I really do think Onslaught and Swindle will look pretty neat in that colour way.

• Like Like x 1
  10. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Upgrade kit? It's only sold with the figure, I think.

Anyway, these are out. Not sure why they're so expensive though:

- Planet X Phantasus FOC Insecticons - 3rd Party - SirToys.com

IMG20190109125320_sirtoys_100.jpg IMG20190109121929_sirtoys_100.jpg

11. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Maybe because they ain't KO

• Like Like x 1
  12. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

When your kid sister isn't really on the team, but she wants to feel like she's helping anyway...

Exactly, lol!

Apparently you can flip the musket barrels around facing the other way, making tapered barrels instead. Seems to look better (in my opinion).

Well, upgrade kit in the sense that it comes with a new articulated hand, new gun barrels, and bigger, articulated wings... which in the world of 3rd party would usually cost at least $20 on their own. In that sense, the extra Divebomb is sort of a bonus.

Well, on the plus side, if it does break, then the waist is still as good as Hasbro's at least. :wink: 

I love how that reference point seems totally random, but at the same time, is perfectly descriptive. :lol 

zmog

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  13. D0nut

D0nut Well-Known Member

Those hand accessories make me wish there were more figma style hand options. Striker Manus and Rioter Despotron would be god tier with some nice expressive hands.

• Like Like x 1
  14. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    I class that as a diff deco.
    A diff run to me would be the same deco of any previous one, made in a diff year.
    They made shiploads of every deco so far and in all the reviews (plus ones i own) not seen any significant differences in quality.
    If anyone has, please do post about it.

The os mpp10 and the deluxe hasbro kos are worlds apart.
    I would not compare them in any way personally.

Bought all my oy os mpp10s there. There are so many that you can always get them cheaper than anywhere else (often cheaper than ali for that toy for whatever reason).

• Like Like x 1
  15. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

My approach would be to profile WeiJiang's quality as being relative to the project and price point, and in each case, being pretty great for what the item is, and how much you're paying for it.

In the case of their upscaled Hasbro deluxes... they're super cheap, and quite excellent, especially if you're comparing to the pricier, smaller Hasbro versions.

Their "high grade" stuff is on a whole other level, because you're paying more like $60-$100 for them, usually.

zmog

Sure, but aren't you in Oz? Different options, different shipping?

Mind you, my complaints have mostly been about the local and US sellers on Ebay. The Chinese scene hasn't changed that much.

zmog

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  16. batfan007

News Credits:
    Tons of chinese scammers on ebay. That's not going to change. Ebay makes too much money to give a shit.
    I still buy plenty of stuff on there.
    Prices are comparable to Canada in general.

When you buy from Canada do china sellers list "free shipping"?
    As that's on like 99% of ebay stuff for things straight from China, another reason I keep buying there.
    I've noticed that any big seller store (your name brand site sponsor stores over yonder) typically sell same toy for 30-50 more than can be found on ebay, which is usually at least 10% more than say Taobao, but I've never bought from there. Here I mean 3P and KO products.
    Hasbro asia stuff can be pricey, but sometimes cheaper than local retail if I but from smaller sellers.

Anything but barf vomit would be better.
    It's like they looked at a low rez mash up of Ruination and the bastard child of 1,000th generation mold desert camo Brutici and said "it'll do".
    Here's hoping that's a test and not actually the final colors.

• Like Like x 1
  17. batfan007

News Credits:
    If you scroll down that listing you linked to..............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At very bottom of listing it says toy is "new and complete, out of box"

• Like Like x 5
  18. batfan007

News Credits:
    Some talk earlier about whether Dive bomb's wings looked right on WJ or now too big?
    I don't know, when I see him, I think of pictures like these and the size makes sense to me.
    From his bio/profile he's based on an Eagle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  19. unicron nemesis

unicron nemesis Collector + Photographer

News Credits:
    Wei Jiang Legendary Warrior

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]