1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. PC Brodimus

PC Brodimus Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. All last year. Heard they're crappy due to the thinning of the plastic. You can still find them on Ali mostly. Probably on ebay too but haven't seen them in a while. Also I'm not sure if they're combinable. I know Menasor isn't complete, there's just Breakdown and what i think is Wildrider. Could be Deadend, don't remember. You can probably combine them with the other OS combiners out there like Bruticus or Defensor.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  2. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Nah, they're great quality and have diecast, but only the 2 the OP shown (offroad and breakdown) ever made it to the light of day.

Got mine @SirToys of course. ;) 

Search - SirToys.com

Only ones I'd recommend, and they are still available ATM. :thumb 

3. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks @PC Brodimus and @vvvTheONEvvv. Came across these when looking at the KO POTP Predaking. Very cheap on Taobao but I'll pass if it's not a complete menasor

• Like Like x 1
  4. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I'll chime in. I own both of these (the Breakdown and the Offroad). They are oversized (roughly voyager sized) and are EXCELLENT quality. I also got mine from Sirtoys, for around $12, which is a great price considering the size and quality.

They are mostly plastic, but the plastic is not thin. Each of mine has a few diecast bits that aren't obtrusive and don't unbalance them. Apparently versions without the diecast were also released. They don't come with combiner hands/feet, but their combiner pegs are tough, functional, and ratcheted. There don't appear to be any simplications on the mold.

Unfortunately, there is no Menasor. Those are the only two Stunticons that were made, but they are compatible with the oversized CW Protectobots that were also released by Weijiang (those ones DID have the combiner hands/feet).

The oversized RID deluxes in similar packaging are okay. They also usually have some diecast, and they're reasonably durable... but they have some minor mold changes, and aren't quite as good as the oversized CW figures.

zmog

• Like Like x 1
  5. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    Fuck... you just gave me reason to pick up another set of offroad/breakdowns to combine with the sirtoys exclusive red hotspot version.

Now how do I get the 4 HFG's to complete it?

6. SMOG

That might require some creative solutions. Maybe modifying other parts to fit?

I really wish WJ had carried on with this line... more combiner teams would be great, but even just some cool repaints would have been nice (the blue Rook is already a favourite of mine).

zmog

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

Well, for my two OS’d stunticons, I went with the addons made by @AlphaCustoms on these boards to make the multiple sets of the OS’d defensors (initial plastic versions and the subsequent diecast versions that came out with 2 multicolored rooms & helicopters before the sets were completed with the first aid and streetwise) and that @KOnceptArt OS’d red hotspot/inferno, so that took care of the extra limbs for me. I currently have them uncombined though.

Here’s a link to the thread/comments where he shows the video that benscollectibles put up about his custom pieces: KO oversize Combiner Wars figures

8. PC Brodimus

Well if the plastic is good then the reason why I didn't get Breakdown was probably the vast empty holes in his legs.

I should have waited for the OSing of Superion though. I strted with the Uranos KO OS versions and those figures are sad at best.

9. SMOG

Not sure what you mean, unless you just mean the gaps that are normal for that mold. I don't think WJ changed anything, so it's the same gaps the little Hasbro version has.

Yeah, me too. That one is really pretty terrible compared to any of the KO Combiners from WJ, Jinbao, NBK, etc...

I mean, the Jujiang Jet Commander is a lot more expensive, but the quality is a LOT better, and they made a lot of changes to the molds for G1 accuracy. I bought it and I don't regret it (it is 40% off right now with Robotoy Base, incidentally).

zmog

10. PC Brodimus

I meant the mold, yes.

11. SMOG

Yeah, it's not my favourite CW mold, but if you can accept the issues with the Has/Tak original, the WJ version is an excellent oversized copy.

zmog

12. PC Brodimus

That's just it, i though the mold was sort of crap. And overused. I liked Prowl but the rest had the leg thing going on so i passed. And of course Prowl doesn't get KO'd. Hell, it's still baffling to me why they don't just mold new heads and be done with the rest of the deluxes. Job seems 90% done as is.

13. SMOG

Prowl is a different mold from Breakdown of course (repainted as Smokescreen, remolded as Dead End, Wild Rider, and Streetwise).

Many (if not most) of the CW figures have hollow, gappy legs, but the Prowl/Deadend mold has that sideways hinge, where his leg opens like a door... which feels a bit less stable than others. The Breakdown/Sunstreaker/Wheeljack mold is a bit more solid, at least.

Totally agree about the new heads, at least. They already have Streetwise and Offroad and Blades... why not get some more mileage out of them?

zmog

14. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I still find it hard to believe the KOers have left CW Bluestreak money on the table.

• Like Like x 2
  15. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Well now...They left all the decent Diaclone repaints out the door as well from the mp line so.....

• Like Like x 3
  16. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have no words. :lolol 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
  17. JomasterII

JomasterII Nobody interesting

News Credits:
    Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 3.06.05 pm.png
    Obvious Plant is obvious.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Blackaddar

Blackaddar New Member

Anyone know about this? It looks nice. Screenshot_20190109-232254_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20190109-232700_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20190109-232710_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20190109-232254_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20190109-232700_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20190109-232710_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20190109-233139_eBay.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
  20. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Quite a few eBay sites claim the kbb gt 05 to be undersized