The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I still prefer history of the world and blazing saddles for the shit we are politically incorrect for now. :D 

2. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    Sirtoys order arrived... Pop quiz - how many days did that take?

Here's what's in "the box"

20170804_020049.jpg 20170804_015642.jpg 20170804_015617.jpg 20170804_015605.jpg 20170804_015556.jpg 20170804_015535.jpg

Rendsora is freakin' huge... The official Voyager is standing next to him for scale.

Favorites of the lot are the oversized gears/blackjack molds, oversized cw breakdown, and of course the oversized tlk megatron.

Oh yeah, there was one more thing in the box...

20170804_021416.jpg 20170804_021814.jpg

Oversized cyberverse commander megatron with trailer/battle station... I had the optimus for a long time now, finally have the other half.

Standard cyberverse commander optimus for scale. (There is nothing standard about tiny fireguts ;)  )

• Like Like x 3
  3. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    Also, I can confirm the os cw breakdown is in fact a diecast version... The canopy is metal.

20170804_025549.jpg

Makes me want to dig out the os cw off road and go over it with a fine tooth comb to see if there is any diecast, anywhere on him. :confused: 

4. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    So there's a flea market now near where i live... and let's just say i found an old acquaintance.

20170804_190848.jpg

5. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    i rather hope the black Dinobots are like this:

-

-

-

-

EDIT:

I am fairly sure Paul just forgot to wite "OS" on the black Dinobots, as his group and comparisson shots at his "external reference" shots show that they are the same size as the ones in the vids above. They seem to be "standard OSKO" sizes (slightly larger than the originals), as opposed to the massive OSKO's made for some of the original coloured versions.

Here's an example:

- [​IMG]

However, I have seen no reviews of black knight Swoop/Strafe, nor Snarl, leading me to suspevt that these two were only recently released (as the others seem to have been released before in 2015). I am going to hopefully repaint aprts of these figs, replacing some of the gold and flat colours with more "nemesis" flat/metallic teals, reds, silvers, gun metals and purples and greens. I hope they look good!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  6. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait... why can't I see/find this at sirtoys? I checked the recent list and did searches for hotshot and hotspot (as the screenshot in the above pic has). You got a link?

The only hit I get is for the v1 figure that combines with tfc stunticon-type vehicles to make Defensor. I already have that mishmashed OS KO as well as the diecast OS CW KO diecast Defensor along with an extra hotshot to go with the subsequent OS KO CW limb characters that came out.

This red hotspot/hotshot makes me disappointed that I missed out on the v2 KO OS Defensor that had the weird color limbs like green rook and red streetwise(?)... I heard they weren't good quality, but if anyone wants to part with them, I still kinda want them as I initially thought the g2 was another tfc KO, just with a different/yellow head, until I got the diecast version months later and then noticed those old pics again.

7. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I never find cool Kos at the flea market. Just your run of the mill "Hero Machine Super Fighter!", type stuff.

8. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    I've got the Strafe on the right, and he's awesome. Heavy and solid, and looks amazing. Now I'm wanting the black one!

• Like Like x 1
  9. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    Red hot spot should be out on sirtoys in another month or 2 at the latest.

I have the green rook defensor set you are asking about, and unless you're a diehard ko'llector of oddities... You're not missing anything.

10. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only good thing about the cheap Overscale Defensor limbs (the ones they sell in B&M) is the weapons - the quality on the robots is not at all good. They are very much KO-KO's.

That said the weapons they come with are nice - especially the shotgun
    ---

The Strafe and Snarl were in Wei Jiang promo leaflet a few months ago were they not ? these might be made by them.

I have yet to buy any of the dinobots of any size - mostly because I wanted a matching set and there wasn't one.
    I'd not mind a smaller Black Slash though - as I feel he'd look cool being smaller.

Hopefully eventually someone will do Sludge in an overscale form too.
    He'd actually be terrific in 40cm size perhaps.
    ------

I got my Shockwave KO of Warbotron's Shockwave - it's made by KBB incidentally - some slight colour changes on it it has non-metallic purple in a more richer shade and the weapon accessories that came with it are a medium dark grey and not metal flake grey like before.
    Made out of pretty decentish plastic - feels like the sort of plastic the Wei Jiang Throttlebots are made of only not as flexible.

Very recommend if you have any version of the Warbotron moulds. - one slightly odd thing though - the weapons are actually on he large size in terms of handle size and shape and they might actually fit better in the overscale not-combaticons hands.

I'm glad I got it though and I'm sure they will get some further use.

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Why so long? Paul has one now, so they must be available, no?

zmog

12. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    My understanding is an actual shipment of them being available vs. His preliminary test version? He's a ko'llector, just as we are... Probably just shots of his personal bot?

13. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I already have all the Wj os Dinobots, in original colours, sans Grimlock, since I opted for the black version, and Snarl, since I opted to get the voyager and maybe the Wj version of it if they make one. Dunno if I'll pick these up too.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

14. SMOG

Yeah, but generally speaking, he usually gets stuff at retail, and there typically isn't that much of a delay between ActionFigureChecklist and Sirtoys. Did you hear this directly from Paul, then?

zmog

15. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    Yeah, from Paul himself... Could be sooner, I just stated what I was told.

16. UltimateDespair

UltimateDespair Well-Known Member

Are there any KO, improved version of the deluxe Warpath?

17. SMOG

Dang... I was hoping it would be available sooner. Oh well...

zmog

18. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I'm planning on repainting my black Dinobots to be more like Nemesis Grimlock, complete with metallic purple, teal, etc, plus perhaps some gloss and matte black parts. In a perfect world, I would switch out some parts with the dark, smokey-clear/chromed parts from additional KOs, but I'm not made of money. I'm going to add reprolabel Decepticon symbols in all of them, too. I might keep some gold paint on them, or move gold details to other areas (for a "Grand Scourge" vibe) does anyone know is Scrash or Sludge are available as dark/black OSKOs?

Comb05082017093754.jpg

19. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The red HotSpot is a limited run WeiJiang is making for KOncept Art Toys, they're currently in production. They've started a thread for him (Nicknamed "Chief Fire") KAT - 02 Chief Fire
    1-2 months sounds about right, maybe a little sooner.

20. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Nice idea, but a waste for me. I only want one that's in scale with regular CW figs, so an oversized one will not cut it. Oh, well, I am sure an official version will come out later, what with the official Hasbro "Inferno" recolour of Hotspot coming out. The only thing for me would be if they were really cool and released recoloured limbs and re-released Rook and a slightly recoloured Alpha Bravo as official members of Guard City (replacing the samish looking versions of the original team), plus a slightly recoloured police car. Heck, throw in two extra "Kabay only" recolours of a drill tank and spaceship and I would be all over it from Takara.