The Knock off transformers thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blunghole, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the 1st KO I got was a Powerdasher Knock off - it's pretty much inditinguisahble from the original same colour same plastic - It kinda amuses me though as on of my Powerdashers is Japanese one of them is a Legit Hasbro and one is a identical KO so didn't mean it to work out like that. Before the modern age of KO's I also got a KO of Baldigus too, If I had the option I'd really have liked some more of those Deluxe Insection KO's (the remoulded ones) I have a couple of them & I'd rather like the others. for some reason the animal ones were easier to get than the insects. The preying mantis one looks especially cool - anyone have that one ?

I wonder if the Firecons & Sparkabots ever got Knocked off in G2 colours as if they did they might provide a solution to there being missing team members in G2 colours.

I keep hoping someone will have a word in the ear of the KO minibot makers about offering more colour options sometime - I'd rather like wasp to be made using one of the Minibot moulds Bumper seems ideal. Not to mention black versions of anyone who didn't get one as a keychain already.
    I appreciate the Red Beachcomber - but I'd like many more.
    Speaking of which I've been looking for a KO minibot white bumblebee with original facemask head anyone spotted one lately ?

2. kjata

kjata Well-Known Member

They are military hardware. Nothin' wrong with them being really big guys. Then again, scale is a funny thing.

3. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

They KOed the pretenders?Wow! Never heard of that. I have an action master jazz with funky colours somewhere.

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Oh yeah... maintaining some kind of vehicle-mode scale in Transformers is a nightmare, and the Combaticons especially are prime offenders.

I usually lean towards robot-mode scale instead for that reason. I also use the tech specs as rough guides, and besides Brawl and Onslaught, the Combaticons aren't that strong. But yeah... based on their large alt-modes, the oversized Jinbao set is not a bad scale with MP figures (especially in that set, where Swindle is a hummer, rather than just a jeep).

zmog

5. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    It was just the robot. I tried to find it a few years ago.

6. beardy

beardy Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

7. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

aside from some spru marks and needing to adjust some joints tightness/looseness, MF Hercules is AWESOME.

I love how the crane becomes Devastator's chest wings, and that the cement mixer spins, just wish the hands were better snapped in so a careless motion didn't pop the peg out of the hole, and for some reason, his hand can't fully grip the gun handle without pushing it out of the slot it tabs into.

I also wish the gunrack/girder was made of red or silvery plastic, and bigger, for when devastator wants to smack someone with an iron girder and that the heads all could move freely (only long haul can look around.)

• Like Like x 2
  8. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    Well, take the price you would expect to pay, now halve it, now halve it again, now double it, and that is the price I paid.

Hes too big, and I really didnt want one, but I could not argue with the price. eventually he will be moved to a diff spot by himself as he just crowds out everything else too much.

Yup, so nice. Im gonna get me the yellow set too

The hand has two tab for the guns, move it to the other slot and it stays in fine. People said that in the review of the official one too and im like "move it to the other slot!!!"

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  9. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    but then he's holding the gun by the bottom of the handle, which looks dumb, it holds fine as is, just wish I could squeeze a firmer grip on it so his trigger finger was more obvious

10. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well now my toys feature some all new animation errors.
    Bruticus bigger than Trypticon? I don't think so Tim.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  11. pilot00

TF direct put it up already for 20 dollars more for early April.

EDIT: Μy bad its not the same version. TF directs only has Lazer beak included, and they still have this (with all six) for preorder at 89.

12. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have KO Sideswipe and Red Alert.

Sideswipe was ok albeit for some paint apps on his rear vents in alt mode.

Red Alert had a few issues:
    • His head wouldn't close properly so I had to shave a bit of plastic off in order for it to close.
    • His right arm was glued at the shoulder as there was too much adhesive placed on the false tyre. Some 'gental persuasion' was required to get it to move.
    • His knees are floppy as heck. He stands solidly enough but once in hand, they are really loose.
    I suppose you get what you pay for with KOs...

13. pilot00

From my experience you take a roll. You can receive anything ranging from perfect/ok/mess.

14. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who are these guys? Up-engineered G1 KO, 3P KO, soooooo behind on the Devestator Wars :lol 

Awwww I have his brother someplace, a perfectly G2-Breakdown-Colored Air Raid, it's so ridiculously Shattered Glassy it is shocking.

15. pilot00

That one has been my stand in blastoff limb for bruticus for ever.

Wish me luck and I will post you a super treat of awesome Knockoffness by Sunday, if all goes well.

16. Minimus Secondary

Minimus Secondary Well-Known Member

I like KO carbots because I can do stuff like this guilt free and on the cheap. IMG_7793.JPG IMG_7797.JPG IMG_7798.JPG I also agree with what others have said about the varying degrees of quality on the carbot KOs with my copies of Sideswipe being the worst and Ironhide being the best.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Gamma charged

Gamma charged Active Member

I have original MP Skyward, Grimlock and, on your sighting a few months back, I now have Sunstorm. I really do like the MP stuff but priced myself out of the game with the exception of these 3 that were relatively cheap (under £70 each). I have to say I think KO's are the only way I'd be able to afford a half decent collection, though I have been scammed 3 times so not having much luck. At the end of the day I simply cannot afford to pay original prices and will have to run the gauntlet in terms of what I can get KO wise.

18. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  19. cobrala76

cobrala76 Well-Known Member

they're about scout size, I gave about $10 each for the ones I have. Definitely worth it in my opinion. They've also done huffer, cliffjumper, thundercracker, skywarp, warpath, blackJack, and Nemesis Prime.

Editing this in: Not sure about that seller though.

20. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Yeah, those are great. They're like, a head shorter than a typica deluxe, I'd say. Really, they're the size the minibots SHOULD be in the Generations line.

Looking at the seller's feedback, it seems like they mostly deal in cheap junk... but at least the stuff arrives. Hmm.

zmog