The Knock Off Mega Construx Thread [SPECIAL TROOPS]

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Unfriendly Porcupine, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Unfriendly Porcupine

Unfriendly Porcupine Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm Starting this tread because I don't want discussion about Knock Off Mega Construx to be spamming the Mega Construx Forum plus these Knock Off Mega Construx Call Of Duty Toys also need a forum of their own, since they also have a lot of things to talk about.

So far the knock offs managed to Knock Off the COD line of figures with super high articulation. They "Have" PUBG licence apparently? Yea I'm not sure if they actually got the licence or just use Knock Off strategies.

For those that don't know what I am talking about here are some pictures. This is a real thing, Knock Off Companies are knocking off Mega Construx. H5ea95e284b324a39a2b692724d5b5033N.jpg H5ec9a0ee1af94ab399869c1829543d8fo.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

I actually got that set in the other day. The figures are black and not charcoal like the promo pics, but still decent. I love the extras they throw in too, got an extra head in one of mine.
    This set should arrive tomorrow:
    Screenshot_20191010-065317.png
    And I've used the other blue set for my Cobra Soldiers and Viper customs

• Like Like x 1
  3. Unfriendly Porcupine

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nice mate, I would love to see that cobra custom, definitely remind me when you posted because I am a busy man. Only question is how much are you paying for this set? I'm asking because I don't want you to get ripped off. There are a lot of Knock Off Mega Construx Scalpers on Ebay and Amazon.

4. autobot prowl

I usually pay around $10 or so a set. Will see if I can find the pics of my Cobra Sets. I know I posted them on the main thread but it's been awhile

5. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

Oh man, where to buy these? eBay? What kinda keywords should I use to search? I had no idea about these...

6. Unfriendly Porcupine

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ah, so you the Swat crate for $10 off Ebay, was it the full thing? Cuz that's not a bad price.

7. Unfriendly Porcupine

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've been buying these Knock Offs for quite some time. The best place to get them is on Aliexpress. Only downside is it may take awhile for shipping. Shipping is usually free which is nice. To make it easier for you my friend, here is link to the video where I linked all of these Mega Construx Call Of Duty Knock Offs sets. I run a whole channel where I buy, unbox and review these knock offs.

• Like Like x 1
  8. autobot prowl

Full thing. That particular set I paid about $12 for. Been using this seller for awhile now and is pretty good. Quick to ship too.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

Awesome. Thanks to both of you!

It looks like the weapons that come with the figures in these Mega Bloks/Contrux knockoffs aren't modular, like with the official figures -- from what I've seen in the items I've found (with your kind help) come with one-part weapons of the Lego variety. Is that correct?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Unfriendly Porcupine

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yup, the guns don't come apart and they have knocked off some brick arm guns cuz you know (LEGO can't do violence). The only weapon that comes apart like the official COD one is the Rocket Launcher, other than that nothing comes apart which is lame but the figures are good.

• Like Like x 1
  11. autobot prowl

My thing is... I have waaaaaaay too many frying pans now...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Unfriendly Porcupine

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So do I, I have at least 100 frying pans, maybe around 300 is closer (I haven't counted).

13. Suntzu28

Suntzu28 Well-Known Member

I pull my head away from Diaclone Reboot & custom work for a few moments and see your thread Unfriendly Porcupine. It's nice to see you around here. I check FB exclusively for Mega news but if you keep this thread going with KO news i'll definitely pop in. The energy in your YT videos is much needed in the community :) 

And for the record....i initially thought SDU was SOLI as well.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Unfriendly Porcupine

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thank you my friend. I will, both on my Youtube and on this tread. Should I also post links to where I found the sets as well? Or just keep it on my YouTube.
    It's just the way they wrote SDU, made it look like SOLI XD. I wonder how many other people besides us thought the same?

15. Suntzu28

I think posting the link would make it convenient for individuals who are on the fence about jumping into the KO lines / micro figure hobby to test the waters. We live in a society that likes things provided to it instantly (for better or for worse) so providing links would cater to that expectation as opposed to forcing a person to search Aliexpress for the first time. The ease of purchase may be the difference between a new person joining the hobby and posting in 1/36 micro figure related threads (or in Facebook communities where i get my Mega information when i'm interested in doing so) or not.

Also ...your figures need something to shoot other than humans :
    RIHIO MULTIABYSS

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Unfriendly Porcupine

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Very well that's what I will do when I find new sets. If you find new sets feel free to share and I will shout you out in my Knock Off news video.

17. Unfriendly Porcupine

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Everyone we got some new ones ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Unfriendly Porcupine

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Possibly Even a Dome Battleground?!?!?! 9.jpg

19. Unfriendly Porcupine

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Found some new Knock Off Call Of Duty WWII figures, Maybe they will do the WWII German Army??? 1.jpg

20. Suntzu28

I appreciate the analysis and in depth video! You get straight to the detailed point without much fluff aka "straight with no chaser".

Even though we've seen all of these molds before I must say....adding the skull motif and the red highlights on the vest and goggles on the troopers makes them appealing. They very much remind me of another toy lines recent action figure update (a toy line that many consider a knock off as well) - The CORPS! from the toy company Lanard. The red highlighted figures look like miniature versions of the Curse! faction from the CORPS! toy line.

If they release a squad of skull emblazoned figures with red highlights that would be a nice "enemy" pack.

• Like Like x 1