The I Wish Fanstoys ________ Thread...

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by MpCollector81, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

Actually, wasn't there just the one 3P Aerialbot set?
    It would be interesting to see their take.

2. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:

Are you serious botfan when you say FT has no direction when it comes to their figures,I respectfully have to disagree,they are clearly going for FanFaves IE Shockwave,The Dinobots,Insecticons,Hound,Hot Rod,and eventually Skyfire,all fan favorites.

So with that said I wouldn't rule out figures like Arcee,Chromia,and others (although I do wish FansToys would shock the sh** out of us and do an MP11 Style Windblade in that size,but chances are slim).I just have a feeling that FT is just getting started and once they learn to get the ball rolling without delays and hiatuses we will start seeing more figures coming out.

I've got hope that FansToys will eventually get out of this slump and start releasing some truly spectacular pieces,I am already WOW'ed by pieces like Stomp & Soar & Willy.Just give them time.

3. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Blaster and Skyfire

4. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

Fan faves? Please tell me if this makes sense to anyone else.

5. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

Well said.

I can't disagree with any of those, but here's my own.

"I Wish Fanstoys...":

1)...Would move along with their goddamn Skyfire already. It's quite obvious now that they only mentioned and teased him to quash some of Kronos'--and the other attempts at Skyfire--support.

2)...Would triple the amount of characters they actually produce, with a sped-up release schedule, yet keep improving QC.

3)...Would get a LITTLE more reasonable with their pricing, seeing how many units they produce and sell to retailers.

6. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish they would have released their Blaster and Twincast then I would not have had to buy the KFC version,

7. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

I wish FT....

- matched gold/reds on all the Dibots
    - made sure each figure held their weapons properly
    - had a smaller gap between reveal and release dates

8. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Hey botfan,what I mean by Fan Faves is figures that haven't been done by Has/Tak or done that well,take MP28 Hot Rod 2.0 for example,sure he may look good to some people but FansToys is trying to improve upon him with their own version.

Hound and I guess their Iron DiBots represent Has/Tak's refusal to do them,I mean look at MP08 Grimlock he has been out for 7 or 8 years and not a single other Dinobot since.FansToys is just filling the gaps with their own.Since Has/Tak doesn't seem to want to do these.Oh well.

9. Scyla

Scyla Well-Known Member

I wish FansToys would include some solid chrome necks for Stomp and Grinder. :) 

10. Tonyshotz

Tonyshotz Well-Known Member

I want more non-weapon accessories. I like to see my bots doing some normal day to day stuff sometimes, they can't always be in a gunfight, right? I guess that could apply to all 3p companies.

FT specifically, I would like to see them speed up their releases. Grindor is scheduled for Dec release and we all know there will be a 6 month delay. An 18 month wait for any figure is not fun.....

11. intrudermdq

intrudermdq Well-Known Member

They announced triple changers for this year, so Astrotrain and Blitzwing would be awesome :) 
    Now that I have 4/6 Toyworld constructicons, I want a Masterpiece Omega Supreme!!! (at the same scale).

12. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Finish whats on their plate and then Skyfire for dessert. Oh Arcee :D ream:

13. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree! Make this Happen FansToys!

14. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blurr is at the tippy-top of my list, probably followed by Arcee or Elita One.

15. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

Ohhh, good one. Totally forget about blur. Yes, blurr, kup, arcee, ultra magnus, rodimus prime, springer would be awesome if announced as a silhouette group of a set of figures they plan to release. I'd buy a complete set even if I like just a few of them.

16. byk500

byk500 Well-Known Member

I wish the guns and swords for all the dibots and Perceptor would snap it just a bit more cleanly. And I wish Scoria had a different sword that could be held without manipulating the wrist.

And I wish for Omega and Skyfire

17. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

I've asked this before but does anyone know if FT have a presence here? I am curious as to how these guys operate. I don't care who they are- I don't need managers names and email addresses- but there are some questions I would love to have answered.

1. How are characters chosen? Is it a single marketing executives' personal choice? Is there a group selection? Random name drawn from a hat?

2. Will they ever branch out into episode specific cartoon territory? Quintessons, cartoon specific items/accessories.

3. Do they produce/would they consider other 80s properties? If you can design a Slag that works so beautifully- you can certainly design a standard non transforming action figure. Since they do such a great job with chrome- I'd love some Fanstoys Silverhawks! Since the majority of their fanbase are G1 collectors- they have to understand there is some potential there.

18. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Yes. Dalianjj starts just about every FTs thread and periodically provides updates and other information.

19. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

if they ever go this route, I hope they make figures at the level of Figma or S.H. Figuarts.

20. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

Maybe we need to get the chatter going now- so they can see the potential!