The "I have seen DOTM" Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Jun 25, 2011.

1. sh4d0w dweller

sh4d0w dweller Well-Known Member

anyone who put spoilers u guys suck i mean like everyone on this webhsite has seen it but still i just have one thing to say..........BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!! Sentinal u suck cocks!!!!

2. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

I kind of was okay with Q. The problem is that I never got to know him. He served two purposes: to give Sam a grappling glove (probably coming to a toy store near you soon) and to get the audience nervous about Bumblebee possibly dying. Okay, three purposes: He was also meant to act as the diplomat's car during the really brief Iranian-raid scene. But that whole scene was ridiculous. If I'm an Iranian soldier guarding what looks like a quarry, and I see an $80K purple Mercedes, a $60K bright yellow Camaro, a $200K silver Concept Corvette, and a $250K bright red Ferrari approaching; the last thing I'm going to think is "that totally looks like an Iranian presidential motorcade." :inquisiti 

3. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    One thing that bothered me- SP had his fire truck body before even getting to Earth.

4. sh4d0w dweller

sh4d0w dweller Well-Known Member

it was suprisingly funny as hell but it was sirious when required but dont watch it in 3D it ruins it i watch the movie in 2D and 3D and no offense but 3D totaly ruined it but the movie still totaly rocked it was the best of the trilogy

5. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    I was actually pretty disappointed with Dino at the end. There were several moments where it looked like he was about to do something really awesome, and then it just cut to something else. I didn't like that.
    For example, there was a part in the movie, during the Autobot charge, where Dino pounced on a Decepticon drone and stood on top of him. It LOOKED like he was about to stab him right in the face, but then it just suddenly cut to Optimus chasing Sentinel.

6. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Honestly I felt the movie was a satisfying end to the transformers trilogy. It wasn't a great (likely to win a award) movie, but it was a good summer blockbuster. Really the only problems I had with it was:

1. Megatron (yet again), Soundwave, and Shockwave along with several others were underutilized.

2. How it ended. I think they could have done more than just have Prime say a couple lines and Simmons going to jail, since it is the last movie. Or at least use the novel ending which I heard was a lot more satisfactory.

Other than that and a few plotholes it's worth a watch.
    Now to find the novel version.

7. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shockwave should have been on Cybertron being in constant contact with Megatron about "the invasion". Then when the space bridge finally opens, Shockwave leads the decepticon invasion awaiting Megatron and Sentinel's arrival. That's how I think he should of been used.

8. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, I just got back from the movies and I've got to say..... Wow..... the reviews were right. ¬_¬

This movie sucks.

Before I start my rant, I can't help but mention ROTF. Michael Bay acknowledged that it was a bad movie because of the writer's strike hampering the film's production. Well, I gotta tell you, I can't wait to hear his excuse for this travesty. I mean, I didn't dislike ROTF at first, only in retrospect. Not so with DOTM, I hated it throughout the movie. For starters, everyone acts as if they've received a large dosage of epinephrin. People are constantly freaking out and talking faster than Blurr could ever manage. (In fact, it would be hilarious if Blurr were in the movie, seeing as how inconspicuous he would be.) John Malkovich plays a truly loathsome character. I like the actor himself, but I don't think his talents could have been put to a more offensive use. This... asshole... who is Sam's boss takes photos of himself in aggressive poses, is obsessed with the colour yellow, and makes a female employee cry. Brilliant. Later on, he picks a fight with Bumblebee for no reason other than he can and gets his ass handed to him... and he enjoys it. What a douchebag. But no matter how obnoxious he, nothing, nothing could prepare me for..... Jerry Wang.

Oh God....

OH MY EFFIN' GOD!!!!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, I hereby bestow upon Jerry Wang the prestigious title of Most Hateful Movie Character Ever! I'm serious. I'd rather face an army of Jar Jar Binks than watch another second of this prick nancing around the screen. Everything about him just disturbed me, from his offensive Japanese stereotype weirdness, to tonguing his imported milk, to pulling down his pants in front of Sam and shoving his crotch-documents in his face. Even his "Deep Wang" codename sucks. What kills me is that everyone laughed at these parts, drowning out of the sound of me literally gnashing my teeth in fury. If that guy ever dares show his face at Auto Assembly, I swear I'm going to tear him a new one. You probably think I'm joking.

Oh, there are plenty of other characters I hated in this movie. The once-likable Robert "Bring It" Epps pissed me off. He shows up pretty late in the movie and swears to gather up his homes and help Sam get back his girlfriend. But as soon as they see the devastation the Decepticons have caused, he chickens out. Only after he comes under fire is he forced to fight back - not exactly hero material. Sam himself seems to have nothing better to do other than scream his head off in every other scene. Then there's Carly, played by Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, who I'm sure was hired simply because of her British accent. Surely it couldn't have been her acting abilities. I see this a lot in movies nowadays, how a character - usually female - is given a British accent to make them seem more sophisticated or charming. It offends me how Americans view British accents as endearing, because the effect is lost on UK viewers.

Of course, what this movie is all about is the Transformers. Well let me tell you, I don't think Michael Bay could have mishandled them any more than the confusing Devastator battle with the Constructicon clones. Characters appear and vanish from scene to scene. During the climax, Optimus gets his trailer knocked away by that Tentakil-creature and he says he needs to retrieve it. Next time we see him after a long wait, he's flying through the air on the way to rescue Sam and co. We don't actually witness him get to his trailer or notice Sam's distress, so it just feels like there's a scene missing. Likewise, when Sam and Lennox fall off of Starscream, Bumblebee catches them. In his next appearance, Bumblebee is captured by the Decepticons and has his hands on his head. Wait, what? When did that happen? The movie shows an infuriating lack of being able to keep track of its characters. Megatron and Starscream felt underutilised, with most of their dirty work being handled by Laserbeak. By far the worst example is Shockwave. Holy shit, I'm glad Corey Burton and David Warner turned down this part, because I don't think I've seen Shockwave in a more demeaning role. He shows up once at Chernobyl and then disappears for about nintety minutes before reappearing in the States, surprising the audience who had totally forgotten about this character. He has less lines than Bumblebee and never feels like any more than just another grunt. We never see him interact with Megatron or pledge his allegiance to the Decepticon cause. Whatever happened to the analytical strategist I once knew? Ehren Kruger should hang his head in shame for the way he wrote this character.

Shockwave isn't the only blunder. You've got this new character called Que serving as the Autobots' mechanic. So apparently he was supposed to be called Wheeljack, but the crew decided to name his Que like Q from James Bond. (I'm not laughing.) During the credits, he's listed as "Que/Wheeljack". It's like they couldn't decide what to call him. Then there's Dino, who was supposed to be called Mirage before Ferrari requested the name change. Dude, I don't give a fuck if the request came from the Queen herself! He's Mirage, not a Flintstone dog! And believe me, this film really needs more familiar names to make up for flunkies like Shockwave. Whatever happened to Silverbolt? I was looking forward to seeing him take Jetfire's place, but he never showed up in the movie. What the hell happened?

Boy, I hate this film. There's a lot more I could rant on about, but I think I'll leave it there. The sad thing is that I knew it was going to be pretty bad on the way in, but I had to watch it anyway because I'm a Transformers fan and wanted to take part in the discussion. I seriously hope that Michael Bay never engages in another TF movie again, because he's been a blight on the franchise ever since concept art of the Movie characters first showed up. Even though the trilogy is still new, I can think of no better series that needs a fresh reboot.

9. mrsackhead

mrsackhead Member

Ok to clear a few things up.
    warning spoilers (if you care)
    soundwave does not resemble or sound like his g1 counterpart, he still has the deep evil voice he had in the second movie, he is also quite evil, him, barricade and a few other cons round up bumblebee, ratchet, dino and Q, he then decides to start taking "trophies" and starts to kill the autobots starting with Q who he forces to kneel on the ground then blows his head off, he then laughs, so yeah we see a more brutal side to soundwave.

No megatron and optimus do not team up as such, optimus is getting his ass kicked by sentinel, megatron decides to help optimus by wounding sentinel (after carly makes megatron realise that megatron would have to serve sentinel), megatron the offers a truce to optimus but does so in a kind of mocking way and says something like "what would you be without me" optimus says something like "ill show you" then stands up taking out his axe (like the one from g1) and him and megatron start to fight but due to megatron being weak after the fight at the end of ROTF the fight only last like 7 seconds, prime lodges his axe in megs face then rips his head and spine of his body. Sentinel is then seen on the ground telling optimus that hes sorry for betraying him, optimus then picks up megatrons gun telling him that he only betrayed himself, sentinel is just about to beg for mercy when optimus shoots him in the head. So yes we do see prime being a little more... brutal than before.

10. 420bot

420bot ******

Overall: the movie is a 9.5 out of ten for me in 2-D/regular.

The 3-D is what sucks most, glad I went twice in both formats.

This movie proved to me that 3-D is a gimmick that should stay dead.

11. Grimlockfirst

Grimlockfirst Member

Okay, here is the problem I had with Q (Que?). They purposely had his head/face look like a weak intellectual, they had him somewhat hesitant to join the fight (when he gave the equipment to Sam), and then he seemed to plea for his life.

I realized why Ironhide died -- they had to make you hate Sentinel so that you wanted Prime to kill him. Perhaps after that, they didn't want to off a character that meant much to us, so they made Q a wuss.

12. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    So far I will say this quote comes closest to 'splainin why we got all the exposition we needed.

The execution scene was crazy. I felt bad for Q. I raged at Soundwave's desire for trophies. I HoNEStLY believed that they might kill bee.
    Dino was badass. Maybe not a lot of lines, but then, aren't ninjas badass even without speaking or exposition?

How many wildly single-purpose deus-ex styled characters have there been in the transformers franchise in the past?

Did the dreads need exposition? Or how about that big-ass crane guy? All I needed to know is: the autobots and everyone else is screwed, and those fellas didn't have to do anything but be there and be themselves. No exposition. No lines. Just being.

Besides, what if Dinos backstory sucks? Like: "I am an Italian sportscar by day, but at night? I make-a tha pasta."

Just saying... Maybe it's better to leave it be.

-A.S.

13. AutobotMustang

AutobotMustang Active Member

Ebay:
    honestly it bothers me when people say this...your basically saying because your older than most of us your better cause you remember that "God" days of transformers

14. weeezl

weeezl Well-Known Member

Maybe Cybertron had Rosenbauer Panther fire trucks?!?

It bothered me too, how come he wasn't in protoform like the dead bots in the Ark? and also he was gold in the first trailer.

Sentinel was cool though!!

15. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Saw DOTM at a local IMAX yesterday. Enjoyed it immensely, the best among the 3, IMO.

16. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    I just got back from watching it on IMAX 3D and enjoyed it very much. My only complaint was Shockwave not getting enough screen time. The ending was too short..

Overall I am pleased with it, much better than ROTF.

17. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

I still don't see the problem. Quejack's an inventor, not a badass. Did you expect him to go out like one?

I never noticed any hesitance to fight, but that could just be fuzzy memory. I just remember him stopping to give Sam and co. the boomsticks and grapple gloves...

18. TerrahawkPrime

TerrahawkPrime Member

I have to say I went into the movie with a strange feeling, I knew most of what would happen from spoilers and tv spots, however, I still found I had a huge sense of dread for the Autobots.
    Yes Optimus was away from the noble leader we know him as in the 80s, however, this was a war, he reminded me of great war heroes from both film and fact, they do what is needed even though it can go against what they believe.

I was frustrated that Ironhide wasn't sent off or talked about after being such a 2nd in command in ROTF, yes we get to know him over the two movies, but why kill him off without any feeling.

Sentinel Prime was great, the emotion and strain was conveyed so well by Nimoy.

The end battle between Sentinel/Prime/Megatron needed to be more.....epic, the way Prime finishes Megatron doesnt fit with movie 1, it does with ROTF but still I would have liked more despair within the last moments of Megatron. It all ended to quickly for me.

Room for a sequel..... there is a whole universe of characters to be introduced and explored.
    Perhaps Ultra Magnus is on an "Earth Like" planet being invaded by Decepticons? who knows...

19. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was the most hilarious part of the movie for me lol. Still liked the movie though.

20. weeezl

weeezl Well-Known Member

He looked like Uncle Benny from Lethal Weapon 4 but with a strange English accent, he was wasted imo. Could of been such a cool bot, I was hoping after the first cgi shot of him with what looked like a sword on his back he would do crazy Yoda like shit on a few cons.

It made me hate Optimus more for not appearing to give a crap about his old friend. :banghead: