The "I have seen DOTM" Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Tekfreak

Tekfreak Well-Known Member

agreed. I didnt even really think about how much extra screen time all that took up. It could have easily been used to add depth to charachters, bots, background story, whatever.

2. CATALYST_PRIME

CATALYST_PRIME Member

This was honestly the best movie of the trilogy i know movie critics will tear it to shreds for lack of a legit plot(which i thought the plot was great) it was emotional an adrenaline rush and the humans actually did something in this movie and carry is soooooo much hotter than megan fox and the deaths of ironhide and wheelie and brains were tough and i was pleasantly surprised that barricade actually had a purpose in this movie but was then immediately killed and finally the 3d and vfx were absolutely spectacular

3. AtomicBallSac

AtomicBallSac Destroyer of Worlds

I think Silverbolt was the white plane in the Autobot hanger, I notice it had an Autobot logo on it, did anyone else notice this? Maybe when the extras come out on DVD, we'll see him.

4. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1 - Because they were trying to repair him

2 - Because it was funny

3 - Because Ratchet is the shittiest doctor ever

5. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Where's he gonna get a new voicebox for bumblebee. Theres the problem.

6. citcgn

citcgn Well-Known Member

I thought the first half was a really good build up, but the second half sucked. Same problem as the first one: way too much focus on the humans. Megatron served absolutely no purpose in the movie other than to die. This is really supposed to be the Transformer that led the Decepticons to victory? Shockwave and Soundwave died pretty easily too, and Starscream's death just sucked. It didn't feel like a real battle, it felt like a bunch of people running around with Optimus swooping in at the last moment to slice things up. I left feeling a combination of lack of interest and disappointment.

7. ColdRod

ColdRod Well-Known Member

How did everyone rate the 3D? IMO the standout 3D elements were:

The opening Cybertron scene.
    All space/moon scenes (especially ones with dust/debris)
    The shot of the Xantium exploding
    The Final Battle

8. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, you think in the second half, the HUGE BATTLE there was way too much focus on humans? Are you sure you didn't pop the ROTF dvd in? Soundwave put up a good enough fight and BB obliterated his ass in the best TF death ever.

9. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The 3D was the best I've ever seen. I normally don't like 3D movies. It's usually pointless and distracting. The 3D in DOTM added so much depth and feel to the movie. I'm really glad I let Bay talk me into seeing it in 3D.

10. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought Shockwave was built up too much as the bad guy. I really wish hw was in it a lot more. I think if BB was killed it would have been even better. Not that I hate him, just more real that nge would be killed. And ending was built up by too many people too. It wasn't that action packed and the falling building part was too long. Still had a good time.

11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Shadowstar Galactica

I honestly think that Que's lines and "purpose" would've been better suited for Ratchet. And had Ratchet met the same demise as Que, then that execution style scene would've been even more emotional.

12. Elvio

Elvio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Loved the movie, but I'm especially tickled by the knowledge that we did get a Leader class toy for a villain.

13. ColdRod

ColdRod Well-Known Member

^^ I agree to some extent but we already know ratchets game for a fight, so the terrified mumbling wouldn't have been present, and to me, thats what added emotional weight to the scene.

14. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Because he's not the main villian. I think that was part of Bay's misinformation, or they decided to go another route and have the traitor storyline with Sentinel. He's the real villian.

15. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shockwave was an obvious swerve. The real villian was Sentinel Prime. So we did get a Leader Class bad guy...

16. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

They combine Megatron's Master Plan with the Ultimate Doom episode. Still it was pretty good.

17. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

miles better. who the F was this q guy anyhow? movie didnt give us time to know or care about him.

18. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    That was meant to be Wheeljack's character. Personally I don't mind 'Q' & 'Dino' as names.

Anyways, I quite enjoyed it; the 3D & CGI was amazing, and at least this one had a plot/actors who can act (looking at you Megan Fox!)

I don't think the parents with children were too thrilled about some of the language though... :lol 

19. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Funny thing is I watched those episodes last week and I had no idea that was the plot of the movie. I was just telling my wife this as we were leaving the theater last night.
    That's what makes his death sad but not tragic. If Ironhide AND Ratchet both died, I would've had a much different feeling when I left the theater.

20. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

So do Soundwave and Shockwave actually talk?