The "I have seen DOTM" Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Jun 25, 2011.

1. ironskull08

ironskull08 WoW addict and Transformers fan

Sentinal Prime betrayed the autobots in quite a matter, the start of the movie takes place on cybertron, this movie has aspects to one of the G1 episodes, I forgot the episodes name knowing im only 12 years old and not a G1 expert, but anyway I almost cried when Bumblebee got a gun pointed to his head (not a happy scene) and barricade was not just in the backround, he was helping in the death of Q (wheeljack).

2. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course! This is a different universe than the cartoon version of Prime. In the cartoons nobody dies (with the occasional exception). The movie versions of the Decepticons are ruthless murderers. People die...bots die! The compassion that Prime shows in the cartoons would not be appropriate in the movie.

3. ToddJumper

ToddJumper Toddimus

Ebay:
    Man what happened to Prime between the first movie til now.
    Was willing to sacrifice himself instead of killing Megs in the first,
    now he is without mercy.

4. Colonel Manface

Colonel Manface Well-Known Member

I think it was more "We don't know what the AllSpark will do, so instead of possibly giving Megatron ultimate power instead of killing him, I'll take the risk."

Which is pretty reasonable, frankly.

5. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    This is easily the best movie of the three, and definitely the last before a reboot, but in no way perfect.

I was glad to see it all put to an end. There's no way they can continue with this line, not with all of the Decepticons dead.

6. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I thought it was good. Will be watching it again but in 2d today.

Didn't Bay offer up 20k for anyone that saw Skids and Mudflap? I SAW THEM! I WANT MY 20K!!!!!

7. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    It wasn't his planet to take.

I never felt he was out of line. With the betrayal, killing of humans, Autobot banishment, etc. I think he just had enough... and I felt the same.

8. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Plus he actually seemed SAD when Megatorn died!

Does no body remember "You left me no choise brother" in that sad voice?

Movie 1 Prime was perfect. But then it all went to hell and the turned him into a face-taking, spine ripping, head collecting psyhopath!

9. micky24

micky24 Well-Known Member

no i think it was 25k and what he said was "perform in the movie"

10. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

Best film of the 3. As a fan, I was very happy with this one.

I have my mini-review up in the "DOTM Reviews" thread.

11. micky24

micky24 Well-Known Member

add rib breaking eye-ripping thing too

12. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

Really enjoyed the movie my only gripe was the lack of acknowledgment to character deaths. The movie went back to completely human focused for the most part with the robots being kinda characters but i guess had no meaning. Was still hella fun to watch though.

13. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

SPOILERY SPOILERS

The Good:

3D looked awesome

Rosie did just fine, and even though I don't find her attractive much at all, I liked her and her character infinitely better than Megan Fox/Mikaela. I read a review somewhere, not sure what site, where the reviewer went on a tirade about how terrible Rosie was. Um, she really isn't bad at all. She's not a good actress by any means, but she certainly wasn't terrible AT ALL WHATSOEVER. I was actually expecting her to be bad, so maybe my expectations were too low? I dunno. I thought she was pretty decent for a model with no acting experience.

The dreads get f$#%ed up! Hooray for Ironhide actually getting to kill something.
    Que gets f$#%ed up! Dude was a pansy anyway, and looked stupid.
    Soundwave gets f$#%ed up! That's what you get for executing shitty robots.
    Starscream gets f$#%ed up! Not sure if this is really a good thing; if any Con was going to survive, I would have hoped it would have been him.
    Shockwave gets f$#%ed up! Pussy.
    Megatron gets f$#%ed up! Hahaha, Prime! You look about as useful as a one-armed robot in a decapitation contest! Hahah-OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-
    Sentinel Prime gets f$#%ed up! Wow, nothing about his death was honorable. Shot in the back and sucker punched by Megatron when he was distracted, then shot to death by Prime when he couldn't fight back at all. Oh well, that's what should happen to ALL assholes.

Less shitty humor. There were some genuine chuckles, and despite a few cringe-worthy moments it was quite bearable.

Yeah, so it is actually Dino and Que in the film, but each of those names is spoken ONCE throughout the entire film, unless I'm mistaken, so who gives a shit?

No twins!

No Leo, thank GOD.

The biggest positive was just how serious shit got. Definitely felt like earth was in major trouble, and there was some palpable weight to the direness of the situation. Humans getting disintegrated a la War of the Worlds was disturbing.

The Bad:

There was surprisingly little transformation in the movie. I mean, there was some, but many characters you never even see transform once.

New characters, as usual, had no characterization whatsoever. As big a part as they played, I feel like most of the bots took an even bigger back seat to the humans than the previous two films. In all reality, pretty much none of the Transformers in the movie had any character development at all whatsoever, except maybe Sentinel Prime. Not even Optimus. Sure, he had plenty of lines and screen time, but you didn't really learn anything new about him as a character. Disappointing, but not unexpected.

Megatron did NOTHING. Wait, sorry, he did mess up Sentinel Prime while HIS BACK WAS TURNED AND HE WAS DISTRACTED. That's pretty much it. Even Starscream did more in the movie.

And my biggest complaint: The Wreckers. Seriously, WTF? Why bother going through the process of designing them, hiring voice actors, and paying people to do their CGI? They were so goddam pointless:

-You never see them transform, not once. Not a big deal, but you'd think we'd get one transformation sequence out of them.

-Leadfoot really is fat, and doesn't look cool at all. The dude actually has to waddle to get around. He looks ridiculous, and incapable of doing anything cool. Leadfoot [email protected]#$ing sucks.

-At least they were given cockney accents instead of redneck ones, but it doesn't really matter since they all sound the same, and I don't even think Top Spin speaks once, though I could be wrong about that. Not that it matters.

-They don't actually DO ANYTHING. They help Optimus get untangled, and they kill one Decepticon. Wait, let me be a little more specific: they gang up on one completely helpless Decepticon who is stuck in the cockpit of a crashed fighter. They have a 3 on 1 advantage, and instead of just shooting him in the head, they tear him limb from limb. That's not badass, that's just cowardly and cruel. What a bunch of [email protected]#$ing pussies.

-Dino is infinitely more badass than all 3 of the Wreckers combined, and he doesn't even do much, has just as few lines, and also has a terrible accent.

-F#$% the Wreckers.

That is all.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  14. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're not all dead. Galvatron could appear, etc. Personally I want this to be it. This movie was the best way to go out, on top. IF Bay does another one make it all Cybertron, all prequel. But since no humans would be in it we know he won't.

If they reboot this give it a good 10 years or so. Let this trilogy sink in.

15. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Anyone else think while they were watching it that the plot is basically lifted dtraight from G1's 'Megatron's Master Plan' and 'The Ultimate Doom'?

Except it's more like Sentinel Prime and the Government Bitch's Master Plan :lol 

16. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

Yes, and the funny thing is that the cartoon was much more accurate in its portrayal of how a humongous planetary body that close to ours would seriously mess up Earth with its gravitational pull.

17. silverskull86

silverskull86 Active Member

If they reboot (which I think is most likely), I think they'll leave it no more than 5 years. The franchise is a proven money maker, they'll want another one out quick enough so they can capitalise on the success of the current trilogy but long enough between releases so that they can drive home the fact it's a reboot.

That's just my 5 cents, though. :D 

18. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

Yea i think the only way to go from here is a reboot. I felt that it was pretty clear that Bay was making it so it would be very hard to do a fourth film.

19. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sadly I was thinking the same thing. I kept waiting for the tidal waves, etc.

20. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DotM is definitely my favorite of the trilogy. The humor was leaps and bounds better than RotF. The bots had lots of dialog and screen time.

My eyebrow raised a bit when Laserbeak started talking, but it's all good. :)