The "I have seen DOTM" Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Jun 25, 2011.

1. the unacronner

the unacronner Well-Known Member

ok the movies camera work was light years better than the last shitfest TF2.....also the 3d and effects were drool inducing...that being said the story was a little messy but still better than TF2. it could have been better though.

Bays humor is so apparent in it and its kinda a distraction because its so annoying. but that too was better this time around.

Prime executing Nimoy at the end was a bit of a shock and that is bay shining though which is another annoying aspect of the film...Prime was just not as berserk in any other incarnation until bay got a hold of him.....Cullen is at the top of his game with the voice as usual so that makes me happy ..just wished bay would have chosen to end that sentinal battle a lil differently

I most impressed with the camera and editing it was so good this time. it makes it so much more enjoyable when the fucking camera and editing does not feel like I am watching the movie while sitting on a paint mixer...so hats off to that.

the human characters were still so piss poor...malcavich was so ******ed and cringe worthy. shia was beyond a douche nozzle the whole movie..I hated his character so much I was praying they would kill him off....laserbeak should have fisted shias ass with his bulbous head and then set him on fire

the only one that was interesting was Dempseys character they could have done a lot revolving around him but weak writing and lack of imagination really kept him down...its too bad too because he was decent at his role..

over all I give it 65 percent good with 35 percent total shit.....sounds harsh but like I said it was still much better than revenge of the fallen by a mile

2. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    I agree with the sentiment that they could have beefed up the action at the beginning of the movie. Luckily, the human scenes worked for me, and it wasn't till the end of the movie that I felt the beginning needed more action.

The robot interaction was fantastic. I think there was more in this movie than the first two combined. Sentinel and Optimus scenes were awesome. The Decepticon meet up in the desert was G1-esque. Loved it.

I'll definite go see this multiple times.

3. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, I found him to be annoying especially after he went in to bitch mode when Carly was rescued. "Prisoners, waaa kill them, it's personal!"

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Color Edit Mode Advocate

His emotion over the loss of Ironhide is somewhat implied. You can sort of tell by his facial expressions. He really looked like he was exhausted after countless years of fighting. But at the same time, I think a blurb mentioning Ironhide's demise would've been nice.

5. Colonel Manface

Colonel Manface Well-Known Member

The thing I loved about Dempsey's character is the image of Soundwave and Ravage just... crashing his mansion. Sponging off of him in a totally sitcomy-type way.

'cause I almost got that impression at one point, when he was explaining his relationship with the 'Cons to Carly.

6. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    i thought as a sci-fi movie it was incredible. the 3D was jaw dropping. the story was coherent and the human actors were all top notch even if their characters were a little extreme and unreal at times. even Rosie was really great, especially for her first movie. the connection between her and Sam felt real. the humor was appropriate most of the time and the action scenes were epic.

as a transformers movie, it still had some problems with the Robots. we still didn't get much character development if any. just the same one liners from most of them. robots would be there and then not seen for long periods of time. the main deceptions were barely in the movie and when they were it was also very brief. we only got one good decepticon interaction scene was was really great. it just wasnt enough. other than OP and SP, the other autobots were just background characters swooping in and out. We got the Jazz treatment again when the Ironhide died... no speech, no eulogy, no nothing! he was never mentioned again. that was very disappointing.

still an awesome movie and i see no way for them to make another in this universe. it would pretty much need to be rebooted unless....unless we see Galvatron and his crew.

Bay redeemed himself in a lot of ways but his lack of Robot interaction was still a huge negitive for me.

i would give it a 7/10 and i will see it again in IMAX.

7. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I gotta say, I love how they used the transformation G1 sound a lot.

8. the_paulo

the_paulo Member

It was pretty fucking great. Just a few bits...

- Didn't read any spoilers, so Sentinals betrayal really took me by surprise. The way he took out Ironhide was brutal and was certainly a shock. Shame they had to ruin it by making the next scene one where Sams mother is asking whether he has a big dick. Jeeeeeez.
    - The Wreckers were great. Que/Wheeljack did fuck all except give Sam that glove thing, so I wasn't really saddened by his death. Bee nearly going almost got me though. Seeing the cannon beginning to glow had me thinking the worst.
    - Agreed what everyone was saying about Lazerbeak, stole the show.
    - Rosie Hunter-thingy Whatsherface is terrible. Like, really terible. I cringed everytime she came on screen. The girls couldn't act to save her life. She was saved a number of times by...
    - Shia, who I thought was great. And very funny. The funniest he's been actually.
    - Ken Jeong (who was just playing a slightly more intelligent version of Chang in Community) and John Malkovich have the best cameo's.

Overall, better than ROTF and on par with the first.

9. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Where was Optimus when Ironhide is killed. Is he meeting the president at Andrews air force base like the novel?

10. ChadimusPrime

ChadimusPrime New Member

2 Star Trek References... and final battle.

It was fitting that Leonard Nimoy voiced Sentinal Prime... in honor of Nimoy they got in the quoate "the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few."

There was also a scene where Wheelie and Brains were watching an episode of Star Trek and Wheelie says "Oh, I've seen this one... this is where Spock goes Crazy!"

To clarify the final battle between Sentinal, Megatron, and Optimus... Yes, Megatron jumps in to fight Sentinal but he also is fighting Optimus at the same time. A weakened Megatron shoots Sentinal to the ground before turning onto Optimus to still manages to tear off his head and spine using only one arm!

Optimus turns to Sentinal and Sentinal says something about how he didn't mean to betray the autobots but it was for the good of Cybertron and Optimus replied to him by saying "You didn't betray us... you betrayed yourself." then he kills him.

I was a little shocked that Cybertron was destroyed... so the autobots no longer have a home planet...

However... it was the best movie of the series! BY FAR!!!!

11. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Why does SS go ape s**t like a little girl with a simple grappling hook in his eye? Limbs are lost in all 3 movies and even earlier in DOTM Ironhide pulls out a spear in his chest with no complaints. Why doesn't SS just pull the hook out?

12. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Those parts were good, but they felt disjointed. If felt like those parts were there just so it's not humans only talking to the robots.

Sentinel and Optimus interraction was good, but Megs and Starscream? Weak. Not even as good as part two.

My point is this... you have an army that barely communicates with each other. Megatron barely gives orders, Shockwave NEVER interacts with the other Cons. Starscream and Soundwave should have shared dialogue. The Wreckers were meh. You didn't learn all their names or even see how they do shit, why they scanned Nascar's etc. For what they did, they shouldn't even have been in the movie, they could have banked that time on other characters and fleshing things out. Wheelie and Brains were pointless as well.

You are a troll. There is no way possible this movie was that bad, especially not after I've seen shit like Clash of the Titans, Green Lantern , and POTC4.
    Not to mention the sheer stupidity of throwing glasses at the screen... sounds fake and stupid.

13. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well hopefully this movie wont leave me as disappointed as I was with that piece of shit. I can't believe I actually paid full price for it. Should have spent that money on a transformer or something.

Anyway regardless of myself being spoiled by everything that's been leaked so far I'm still gonna go see this flick this Friday. If this movie becomes better than ROTF then I'll consider it a job well done.

14. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone else notice the "I just want my planet back" line? You could almost hear it in Megatrons voice that it really was all he wanted. And then Prime decapitated that bitch!

15. the_paulo

the_paulo Member

Couple of other things...

- 3D didn't do anything for me. Looking forward to seeing it in 2D, that way I wont miss anything that turned blurry if i looked slightly to one side.
    - "Ah, the great Matrix of Leadership"... Lennox, you prat, that was easily the worst line in the whole trilogy.

16. sharpy39

sharpy39 Sharpius Prime

News Credits:
    You might as well call it a job well done now then. There is no way you will think Dark of the Moon is a lesser film that Revenge of the Fallen. If so... Get out!

17. Blackout05

Blackout05 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I enjoyed it. It was much better than the first two IMO. The rumor of having skids and mudflap in one scene is true but they weren't anymore after that. I was pretty P.O.'ed about Ironhide though... I think it should have been ratchet or someone like that. Granted he is the medic but he really hasn't done anything medical related except the prime transplant in ROTF and a laser to bumblebee's voice in the first one. Ironhide at least could have contributed to the final battle in DOTM.

Shockwave was cool, but he wasn't there enough. He shows up then disappears again until the end. Laserbeak was awesome, as well as soundwave. It was good to hear all of the main cast of robots pretty much were called by their names. I can't wait to see it again to catch things I may have missed.

18. micky24

micky24 Well-Known Member

agreed,it wasn't that bad and its awesome but its not above satisfaction,its good but for me there were lots of things missing like what youve said about the nascar,like how did bee and the others got captured,the wrecker being just there (did not even see them fight with their robot mode) and other stuffs,but then again its not that bad..though i have to say the forest fight(rotf) owns majority of the action here in DOTM

p.s i really hate sentinel,he's just a super jerk

19. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I promised a friend that we would go, heck I'm even paying for his movie ticket. Anyway once this whole movie trilogy is finished I'm gonna be focusing more of my efforts on Prime. Its quickly becoming my next favorite series since Beast Wars.

20. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    And people still defend this Optimus?